Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Help installing seat cover

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BigBird

Help installing seat cover Empty
PostSubject: Help installing seat cover   Help installing seat cover EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 8:36 pm

I just took the cover off of my Rick Mayer saddle to do a little tweaking on the padding. I've done this on several previous saddles and used my staple gun to reattach the cover to the base.

My problem is that the place where the staples go on the sides of this base are down in a narrow "valley" that the staple gun can't fit into. I looked at Home Depot and although they have about a dozen staple guns - none of them can get into this "valley"

The only solution I've come up with so far is to use very small phillips head sheet metal screws. This will work but I thought one of you folks might have found a better solution?

Thanks for any ideas.

PS: I really like the saddle. It worked well on a ~500 mile dual sport ride this weekend. But I was just doning a little tailoring to better fit my old butt.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Help installing seat cover   Help installing seat cover EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 9:07 pm

Crap, I can't remember what the make of the stapler I used but it was narrow and good for getting into tight spots. You might get lucky if you take the seat to an upholstery shop and ask them if you could borrow their air stapler. Help installing seat cover 29721

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: Help installing seat cover   Help installing seat cover EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 9:16 pm

Might be worth looking for a furniture upholstery store near you.
Call and ask what they would charge you to put a few staples in.
You might save money over buying something.
Or if you have access to a compressor, you could check and see if any places around you rent them.
Back to top Go down
Krabill

PostSubject: Re: Help installing seat cover   Help installing seat cover EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 10:00 am

I just used a standard, heavy-duty stapler and did the best I could getting up in there. My staples weren't as far up in the groove as the oem ones were, but they were good enough to hold.
Back to top Go down
rydnseek

rydnseek

PostSubject: Re: Help installing seat cover   Help installing seat cover EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 10:39 am

small screws will work.. also just some spray adhesive in a spot or 2. let it dry, then put together like contact cement. It holds well, but still comes off if you need to later.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help installing seat cover   Help installing seat cover Empty

Back to top Go down

Help installing seat cover
Page 1 of 1