Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Chain vibrates??

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
vgjunky

Chain vibrates?? Empty
PostSubject: Chain vibrates??   Chain vibrates?? EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 8:31 pm

Noob question. I was out riding the other night and the guy I was biking with pointed out my chain actually making noise as it bounces around inside the guide. This normal? Too loose?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Chain vibrates?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chain vibrates??   Chain vibrates?? EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 8:53 pm

Sounds like it's loose and or needs lube.

Chain vibrates?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chain vibrates??   Chain vibrates?? EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 9:36 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Sounds like it's loose and or needs lube.

Got lots of lube...will adjust it then, just thought I would check here first. Off road bikes do have more play then a street bike (or at least I thought).
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Chain vibrates?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chain vibrates??   Chain vibrates?? EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 9:58 pm

They certainly do. Mine's still going good on the stock one; I just switched out the 12t for the 13 for a 200 mile rounder I did yesterday. Chain vibrates?? 525406

X-Racer

Chain vibrates?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chain vibrates??   Chain vibrates?? EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 2:05 am

.....and of course verify the alignment.

Nothing worse than a potential 200 mile misaligned rounder. ~ smirk ~
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Chain vibrates?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chain vibrates??   Chain vibrates?? EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 9:22 am

Hey my rounder was unscathed by slap slap slap. Chain vibrates?? 93746

Chain vibrates?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chain vibrates??   Chain vibrates?? EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 11:20 am

SheWolf wrote:
They certainly do. Mine's still going good on the stock one; I just switched out the 12t for the 13 for a 200 mile rounder I did yesterday. Chain vibrates?? 525406

Dropped by the dealer. Chain is well within specs...Ordered a 12T front sprocket. SheWolf, you have both the 12t and 13t sprocket, is there an appreciable difference in low end power? Will I lose much km/h in the higher gears?
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

Chain vibrates?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chain vibrates??   Chain vibrates?? EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 7:47 pm

Gawd I love that sound ! Chain vibrates?? 810411
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Chain vibrates?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chain vibrates??   Chain vibrates?? EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 12:58 am

You have more grunt at the bottom end with the 12, most definitely. You will lose some top end with it as well, but you'll still be well within the limits of passing and having throttle left over to spare. Chain vibrates?? 61865

Chain vibrates?? Empty
PostSubject: Vibration???   Chain vibrates?? EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 12:43 pm

SheWolf wrote:
You have more grunt at the bottom end with the 12, most definitely. You will lose some top end with it as well, but you'll still be well within the limits of passing and having throttle left over to spare. Chain vibrates?? 61865

My 12t sprocket it supposed to be in today. I keep finding websites that say the vibrations at higher speeds are fairly dramatic by just switching out the 13t to a 12t. Can I get some feedback? I am 50/50 for riding, and can't see going over 100 km/h (62 mph)...
Back to top Go down
mattf

Chain vibrates?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chain vibrates??   Chain vibrates?? EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 8:09 pm

vgjunky wrote:
SheWolf wrote:

My 12t sprocket it supposed to be in today. I keep finding websites that say the vibrations at higher speeds are fairly dramatic by just switching out the 13t to a 12t. Can I get some feedback? I am 50/50 for riding, and can't see going over 100 km/h (62 mph)...

you'll be fine, I've had my 12t on for around 5,000 miles now I think and I commute on the highway 33 miles. It's never bothered me anyway.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Chain vibrates?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chain vibrates??   Chain vibrates?? EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 9:29 pm

I went back to the 13 and found it has more than the 12 did. Go figure that one out. Chain vibrates?? 29721

Chain vibrates?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chain vibrates??   Chain vibrates?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Chain vibrates??
Page 1 of 1