Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Afghanistan

Go down 
+4
rokka
SteveO
Jäger
taoshum
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
taoshum

taoshum

Afghanistan - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afghanistan   Afghanistan - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 2:16 am

The bet is actually simple enough for you,the MacJag, to comprehend:

• Quote :
    From MacJag: A couple of more years and the Afghan forces will be like Pakistan forces - too strong to push to one side. And once Western forces leave, Afghan troops without NATO restraints on the treatment of prisoners will start playing by Taliban rules.

You said (above) in a couple of years, we'd be out. I bet we won't be out of either Iraq or Afga'n by Aug 2012. It's only $1000, take the bet if you think you are right.

Yea, I love pulling your chain. It's like one of those wind up toys, you pull the string and the toy starts talking the talk. It doesn't take much to get you going either and you go on and on and on. Tossing insults left and right. It is really like listening to a standup comedian, except you aren't funny, you just talk and talk and talk.

Our neighbor's son did 3 tours in Iraq. I got to know him pretty well over the years. He did not talk like you do. After the third tour he was assigned to a base in Kentucky and committed suicide after 3 months there. The suicide rate among returning soldiers is at a record high. Surely you know this.

His mother loved and adored her son, but she hated GB and the whole idea of the invasions. Every month she sent him supplies. Even more compelling, she was the daughter of an army family so she knew the situation inside out her entire life and 3 months after her son committed suicide, she committed suicide. The sensless killing you promote so prolifically often returns to the homeland, to the families and to the communities all over the country and it has been this way since 9/11. So you can talk all you want about the glory of Afganistan and how "safe" it is here but the facts don't support your position. Tell us... how many soldiers die from suicide after they come back to the US? Is this not a form of terror?

How many times have you watched "The Hurt Locker"? War is an addiction and you are addicted too.

Good Luck MacJag, you're going to need it.

I just hope there is a country left for you to come back to and that you don't turn into one of the suicide statistics when you do return like our neighbors.
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Afghanistan   Afghanistan - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 2:38 am

And.... the handiwork of the Taliban that some of the useful idiots here shill for. Sometimes they just throw battery acid in the faces of young girls for going to school.

And sometimes they just haul out a knife and saw off their nose and ears because their Taliban commander wanted to teach them a lesson about fleeing an abusive husband. If you do tours in Afghanistan, you see lots of the Taliban's handiwork like this in person. If you're home nice and safe and comfy in your chair in North America, you only see it when the media decides to printe the occasional picture.

If this were their daughter, I wonder if they'd still be demanding we get out and desert every woman in Afghanistan and every woman who will be born there to this:

Afghanistan - Page 5 Time.cover

As far as that goes, if they had any family in Afghanistan, male or female, I wonder if they'd still be screaming in outrage about our presence in Afghanistan?
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Afghanistan   Afghanistan - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 2:47 am

And... when you can't back up the random collection of half truths, accusations, and conspiracy theories you get called on for posting...

... well! Demand that the topic be locked.

Have the majority of members decided they don't want to follow the Afghanistan discussion? Given the number of views the topic has gotten, apparently not.

Is anyone forced to click on the "Off Topic" button, followed by the "Afghanistan" button?

Not to the best of my knowledge.

So when nobody is forced to browse to the discussion, and nobody is forced to read the posts there, just why does it need to be shut down again?

The solution is really very simple:

If you don't like the Afghanistan topic, don't browse there and read it.

If you don't like the Afghanistan topic, don't post there.

The complainer here doesn't have a problem with his posts. Or Rokka's. Or Dancamps. He just has a problem with one person's posts. How convenient.

What we have here is somebody who demands censorship - they don't like what gets posted here about Afghanistan, so their solution is to ask to have the topic locked so nobody else can see it. They can stop themselves from reading these posts about Afghanistan by simply not going there. What they can't do is prevent other people from reading that material. And the solution to that, of course, would be to have the topic removed.

What's amusing is that the people like this are usually the people who claim there are government conspiracies to muzzle the spread of information.
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Afghanistan   Afghanistan - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 3:55 am

Dancamp wrote:
At least you're good at twisting things.
I'm not the one who claimed Canada never dropped a bomb in Kosovo. That was you.

I'm not the one who claimed Cyprus was Canada's first peacekeeping mission. That was you.

I'm not the one who claimed Canada never had a combat mission with the UN prior to Afghanistan. That was you.

I'm not the one who claimed the media was not allowed to question NATO going into Afghanistan. That was you.

I'm not the one who claimed NATO got to decide who asked the UN for assistance. That was you.

I'm not the one who claimed the Afghan people did not have representation in the formation of their new government. That was you.

etc and so forth.

What I did was correct your ongoing litany of errors, omissions, and outright falsehoods. Now you can call it "twisting things" if you like. But my best guess is it would be far more useful to your cause if you could actually provide a logical argument supporting these statements you have made, rather than claiming I am twisting things.

Prove yourself right on these statements you made; prove me wrong. Wouldn't that be a lot simpler?

Quote :
The fact that Canada dropped bombs or not
Canada did bomb Kosovo.

You know it.

Everybody else who bothered to look at that link knows it. It's an announcement from the Canadian Forces that they are awarding those two squadrons battle honours for their bombing missions in Kosovo.

You just lack the intellectual honesty to admit that what you posted that Canada never bombed there was false.

And I am truly stunned that you apparently have these friends you say were in the Canadian Forces at that time and who you say didn't know they were part of a mission to bomb Serb forces in Kosovo. Canadian troops can usually figure it out when they load a bomb onto a CF18 and it comes back without it.

Quote :
doesn't change the false representation that lead to intervene somewhere when help was also needed somewhere else.
Seems to me the submissions the Afghans made to the UN were pretty accurate. Definitely not falsehoods like claiming Kosovo was never bombed by Canadians, for example, or that Afghans had no representation when they decided on what form of government they wanted.

Should we be everywhere? Yep, lots of places we should be. But between the people who bitch but won't sign up, and those who don't give a damn about genocide when intervening would cost them something, we can't be. That's a reality of the world.

Quote :
They dropped the mission in Somalia pretty fast, in Rwanda it's been worst.
Indeed they did.

And the reason they dropped those missions - which we should all be ashamed of - is that in both Canada and the US, the government was afraid of the criticism they would face from people like you and Taoshum if they stayed the course. That too is a matter of record.

So, let's think this through... We criticize governments whenever they take on the hard missions. They respond to this criticism (and to save their skin in the next election) by bailing on the mission to appease the bitchers and whiners. And then we come back and criticize the government for not staying the course on the mission.

It's happened all the time, and when the bitchers and whiners get their way, the results are predictable. Rwanda and Somalia are just two examples The slaughter at Srebenicia happened because the Dutch government feared the criticism of their citizens if Dutch soldiers actually had to kill and in return be killed. So they ordered their troops to stand aside and let the Christian Serbs slaughter thousands and thousands of Muslims. Then the Dutch citizenry was outraged. A Dutch government fell because of it. A little late for the dead of Srebenicia, of course, but the butcher's bill that becomes due when all the critics who have neither a better idea or the nads to go there themselves get their way.

Quote :
I don't believe in your opinion I just find you pathetic.
Yes, I know you don't believe Canadians dropped bombs in Kosovo despite CF news releases of awarding battle honours for just that.

I know you don't believe I was fighting in a battle that stopped an ongoing genocide in Yugoslavia while you were getting a tan in Canada.

I know you find all that pathetic. But, just be careful you don't make those claims to the wrong guy who was there when you say he wasn't. I'm a nice peaceful old guy who finds folks like you mildly amusing. The guys without my sense of humour might decide you're due for a little headspacing and timing.

Won't you at least share what Canadian Forces unit you claim you soldiered with and what your MOS was? You know, just as one old soldier to another. I'm just really, really curious. Being an old CF type, you already know my regiment and MOS just by looking, so what's yours?

And if you really want to humour my military curiosity, tell me what unit these friends of yours were serving with who you claim told you when they were in Kosovo they weren't allowed to intervene. Most people who have never served in the military would not know that, but an old soldier like yourself would of course know what regiment or wing they served with. The name of their unit should not be that hard, especially for servicemen who are such good friends of yours.

Quote :
Crime rate in Jamaica .015. 2651000 population(census 2003). Crimes 39188.
Crime rate in Mexico I didn't find the numbers but here are the rates compared to US.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Mexico

What leads us to think that the crime rate is higher in some places is that these places are smaller. The criminality is more visible.

Let's help you out again:

Jamaica's murder rate: 58/100,000
Mexico's murder rate: 14/100,000
US murder rate: 5.4/100,000
Israel's murder rate: 1.9/100,000

How about some of those other peaceful countries not fighting wars that you find so crime free? Well, there's:
Trinidad and Tobago: 42.3/100,000
Belize: 33.4/100,000
Barbados: 7.5/100,000

Hmmmm... well, that didn't work out so good for you. I didn't even have to go any further than your good friends at Wikopeida

Let me leave with a parting thought on the subject (although I suspect there's faint hope you'll bother):

Reported overall crime rates in the US are higher than countries like... Mexico for example for various reasons. Chief among them is the fact that, when you call a cop in a place like the US, or Canada, or Israel, a cop shows up. When you call a cop in a place like Mexico, it's another story. If somebody vandalizes your car by dragging a key along the side of it and scratching the paint, will the police arrive when you call to complain? Now try calling the police in Juarez and telling them you want to lodge a complaint that somebody scratched the paint of your car.

There is also the small matter of how acts are classified and scored in how crime figures are arrived at.

One things for sure however. The police ALWAYS show up when somebody calls and reports a dead body. That is the same in all countries.

Quote :
Just read the book written by Romeo Dallaire " shake hands with the devil". Dallaire was the general in command in Rwanda. Since for you only people that servedat war have credibility, you should believe what he lived. He wanted to do something but the UN that you so consider refused because some countries didn't want to.
That's right. Because of fears of the criticism they would get from the public. Folks like you. Even that bag of corruption Clinton admitted to that years later and well after the fact when he apologized to Rwandans... better late than never, I suppose. Chretien never did apologize

Quote :
Iran is protected by China and Russia because they have economic deals.
One more time. I'll type as slow as I can.

Afghanistan asked for UN intervention.

Iran has not asked for UN intervention.

So Afghanistan has a UN mission

So Iran does not have a UN mission.

You should be pleased to know that many on your side of the house are ranting that the US is on the verge of attacking Iran. Of course, they've been saying it for years now...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Afghanistan   Afghanistan - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Afghanistan
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5