Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

clutch switch location

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
rodney

clutch switch location Empty
PostSubject: clutch switch location   clutch switch location EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 8:12 pm

anyone know where the clutch switch plugs into? i was flipping though the manual, but i was unable to find it's location. i need to jump the wiring so i can start the bike in gear. tia clutch switch location 61865
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: clutch switch location   clutch switch location EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 8:43 pm

The switch is in the lever assy.

NOMB, but why would you want to start the bike while in gear ?
Back to top Go down
rodney

PostSubject: Re: clutch switch location   clutch switch location EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 8:52 pm

X-Racer wrote:
The switch is in the lever assy.

NOMB, but why would you want to start the bike while in gear ?

sh!t, i shoulda clarified... i do not have stock levers, so the switch and wiring is not there. i need to find out where that switch plugged in and jump it there.

when i stall, say offroad, i can fire it up immediately. now, i have to fumble for neutral. and, stock you can fire it up in gear with the clutch in, whereas now i cant.
Back to top Go down
andy mac

PostSubject: Re: clutch switch location   clutch switch location EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 9:45 pm

I did this a few weeks ago when I replaced it with a Wirtz easy pull shorty clutch lever & perch.

Remove the fuel tank & left black air panel. The wiring runs down the frame into a plastic sleeve behind the radiator overflow bottle. Disconnect & remove overflow bottle, I think it popped out forwards & up. The wiring plug is the same type used on the rear indicators & speedo wiring. I disconnected the plug and made a 50mm wire with female speaker blade terminals (3mm X 6mm) on both ends. U-bended the wire onto the plug's male terminals. Test. clutch switch location 61865 Seal with plastic & electrical tape and install overflow bottle, air panel & fuel tank.

This way no damage is done & you can reinstall the Yamaha unit if you want to.

Last edited by andy mac on Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
njbill

njbill

PostSubject: Re: clutch switch location   clutch switch location EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 10:49 pm

andy mac wrote:
I did this a few weeks ago when I replaced it with a Wirtz easy pull shorty clutch lever & perch.

How do you like the easy pull lever? Does it cut down hand fatigue and arm pump on long rides?
Back to top Go down
andy mac

PostSubject: Re: clutch switch location   clutch switch location EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 11:07 pm

The change of pull is hard to quantify since I can't test it side by side against another WRR until next weekend.
The clutch pull is still much heavier than a WR450F. The positive is I can now firmly hold the bars and 2 finger clutch without bruising my knuckles.
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: clutch switch location   clutch switch location EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 11:31 pm

Rodney, If you stall and the switch is already bypassed, while in gear, under normal circumstances, the bike should start.

IOW: The circuit is already disabled, there is nothing further to achieve. ...unless I'm missing something.
Back to top Go down
stumo

PostSubject: Re: clutch switch location   clutch switch location EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 3:07 am

andy mac wrote:
The change of pull is hard to quantify since I can't test it side by side against another WRR until next weekend.
The clutch pull is still much heavier than a WR450F. The positive is I can now firmly hold the bars and 2 finger clutch without bruising my knuckles.

I've not ridden a 450f but the WRr i rode had a nice light clutch!
Back to top Go down
rodney

PostSubject: Re: clutch switch location   clutch switch location EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 9:49 am

X-Racer wrote:
Rodney, If you stall and the switch is already bypassed, while in gear, under normal circumstances, the bike should start.

IOW: The circuit is already disabled, there is nothing further to achieve. ...unless I'm missing something.

i am guessing the wiring was just removed. the bike will not start in gear, trust me... i thought this was normal, till another wr pilot fired his bike up next to me in gear. so, at that point i noticed he had a clutch switch.

thanks andy for the location, i will look when i get home. clutch switch location 525406
Back to top Go down
rodney

PostSubject: Re: clutch switch location   clutch switch location EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 3:47 pm

andy mac wrote:

Remove the fuel tank & left black air panel. The wiring runs down the frame into a plastic sleeve behind the radiator overflow bottle..

thanks andy, i cut the connector off and soldered the two wires together. bike starts in gear! yay! thank you sir. clutch switch location 525406
Back to top Go down
andy mac

PostSubject: Re: clutch switch location   clutch switch location EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 8:42 pm

No problem. I've also learnt some tricks from this forum.
I can confirm the Wirtz easy pull clutch lever is easier than the stock lever.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: clutch switch location   clutch switch location Empty

Back to top Go down

clutch switch location
Page 1 of 1