Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

My Corbin Seat arrived

Go down 
+3
Berwyn Henderson
greer
clint
7 posters
AuthorMessage
clint

My Corbin Seat arrived Empty
PostSubject: My Corbin Seat arrived   My Corbin Seat arrived EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 10:20 am

I received my Corbin seat yesterday, but didn't get around to installing it because I have been sick for the last week.

I wanted vinyl so I talked to Vincent, who suggested Blue Carbon Fiber for the side and Black Carbonium for the top. It looks pretty nice and they did the Corbin name in blue on the blue carbon fiber side so it blends in.

I'll post some pics and my impression as soon as I feel better.

Right now though, I'm knocked the fuck out on muscle relaxers and pain meds so it's probably not a great idea to go riding (or is an excellent opportunity to get on You Tube for doin' something really dumb)
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: My Corbin Seat arrived   My Corbin Seat arrived EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 8:03 pm

Hope you'll feel better soon. The Corbins I've seen for other bikes seem to be super-heavy, is this one the same? Thanks.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
clint

PostSubject: Re: My Corbin Seat arrived   My Corbin Seat arrived EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 8:41 am

This seat is surprisingly heavy. To the tune of about 4-5kilos

Here are a few pics I took with my phone

My Corbin Seat arrived Seat2

My Corbin Seat arrived Seat1
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: My Corbin Seat arrived   My Corbin Seat arrived EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 9:23 am

That is a good looking seat. Hope you feel well enough to try it out in the next day or so. Holler back when you do.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
Berwyn Henderson

PostSubject: Re: My Corbin Seat arrived   My Corbin Seat arrived EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 12:51 pm

Hi, Is the Corbin any wider towards the rear, thanks
Back to top Go down
clint

PostSubject: Re: My Corbin Seat arrived   My Corbin Seat arrived EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 1:56 pm

Berwyn Henderson wrote:
Hi, Is the Corbin any wider towards the rear, thanks

At its widest point it's 9.25 inches wide. I haven't measured the stock so if you have a ruler or tape measure you can check the stock width to compare
Back to top Go down
blewwrx

PostSubject: Re: My Corbin Seat arrived   My Corbin Seat arrived EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 6:19 pm

Looks sweet. How much did you end up paying for it? I'm planning on swapping out my seat and was considering a Corbin.
Back to top Go down
clint

PostSubject: Re: My Corbin Seat arrived   My Corbin Seat arrived EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 7:51 pm

I paid $399 since I went with a custom cover instead of the single asphalt black cover.

My Corbin Seat arrived Corbininstalled
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: My Corbin Seat arrived   My Corbin Seat arrived EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 10:36 pm

Clint: If you can read this and you lost your glasses, they are on the bags on your bike. Call me a helper. My Corbin Seat arrived 93746

Only 9.25 ? Wow... My ass much be narrower than I thought ! * checkin out ass in the mirror *

I'm still waiting for a picture of SheWolf's. * THAT smile *
Back to top Go down
blewwrx

PostSubject: Re: My Corbin Seat arrived   My Corbin Seat arrived EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 7:03 am

Damn $399 is steep. That seat better be comfortable. Let us know how it is when you get some seat time on it.
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: My Corbin Seat arrived   My Corbin Seat arrived EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 10:54 pm

blew: I can attest to the decision and justify the cost.

I've got two Corbin seats; One on my SuMo and one on the girl's WRR.

The contour up against the tank allows for a very natural forward blanced riding position and the flattened and sflat, semi-concave rear allows for relief on the tailbone while still allowing the legs to bend normally (no impingement behind the knees).

Nothing more pleasing than a happy ass. Well... Maybe, but that's a different thread.

...but both her ass and mine are happy. I can tell by the smile.

I have also noted on other (same) discussions is that the reduced height of the seat in the tank are reduces the seat/tank interface surface area where the knees grab. If you were MXing it may make a difference, but I only notice it because I also ride my CRF with a stock seat. It's not "Bad", but It just feels different.
Back to top Go down
blewwrx

PostSubject: Re: My Corbin Seat arrived   My Corbin Seat arrived EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 9:09 am

Thanks for the feedback X-Racer. I may have to splurge and get one if my butt keeps falling asleep when commuting to work. It feels like the stock seat cuts off blood circulation. I do sit pretty close to the tank when I ride though.
Back to top Go down
bikepsych

PostSubject: Re: My Corbin Seat arrived   My Corbin Seat arrived EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 10:51 pm

I've had three corbins and am always amazed at (a) how heavy they are and (b) how hard they initially seem and (c) how very comfortable they are. Had them on Suzuki VStrom, Kaw Concours 1000, and the Harley Road Glide.
Back to top Go down
blewwrx

PostSubject: Re: My Corbin Seat arrived   My Corbin Seat arrived EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 6:59 pm

Hey Clint how are you liking the seat? I am about to put together one for myself. What materials were used on yours? Is the top pretty grippy?
Back to top Go down
morrow7x

morrow7x

PostSubject: Re: My Corbin Seat arrived   My Corbin Seat arrived EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 1:00 pm

dredging up an ancient post- but how did the seat work out....?

i'm thinking stock lowering with a corbin gets a couple inches and a comfy seat? hmmmmm......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Corbin Seat arrived   My Corbin Seat arrived Empty

Back to top Go down

My Corbin Seat arrived
Page 1 of 1