Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

All I want for Xmas is a new seat... a Corbin????

Go down 
+4
john92
Bgunn
greer
Jäger
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

All I want for Xmas is a new seat... a Corbin???? Empty
PostSubject: All I want for Xmas is a new seat... a Corbin????   All I want for Xmas is a new seat... a Corbin???? EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 3:03 pm

WRockin wrote:
I have one. It is about 1" lower than stock, I think,
which is just right for me. I'm 5'9" and can put a foot down easier
now. It is also wider, so it is more comfortable too. My bony butt gets
sore on just about anything, though. I like that I can reach ground
easier and keep my suspension set just the way I like. Have fun!

Okay... that got my attention. Especially if the seat is in fact an inch lower, because I'm about 5'8" these days and my legs are so short they just barely reach my ankles. Any seat that actually reduces seat height an inch is something to be considered.

However, mostly I need a better seat for those days when I'm in the saddle for long hours. So I look at the Corbin:

All I want for Xmas is a new seat... a Corbin???? Corbin10

All I want for Xmas is a new seat... a Corbin???? Corbin11

All I want for Xmas is a new seat... a Corbin???? Corbin12

The first two views make that seat look like it has one hell of a step in it, and then the third doesn't make it look so bad.

So for those who do have this seat:

1. Is it comfortable for long periods of sitting?
  2. Do you in fact find it puts you an inch closer to the ground when seated? Corbin doesn't seem to mention anything about that.
  3. As this appears to be a "two position saddle", do you find the seat fits or do you find that you seem to be sitting on the transition area of the seat a lot?
Thanks!
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: All I want for Xmas is a new seat... a Corbin????   All I want for Xmas is a new seat... a Corbin???? EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 12:45 pm

Some others you might look at, I have no affiliation, but saw the post in the Vendors section of Advrider.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=477708

http://www.renazco.com/

Sarah
Back to top Go down
Bgunn

Bgunn

PostSubject: Re: All I want for Xmas is a new seat... a Corbin????   All I want for Xmas is a new seat... a Corbin???? EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 2:20 pm

Thanks for the links Sarah. I think renazco and xpc will need your seat pan. Looking for a seat also and would like to here some feedback.

Renazco seemed to have a long waiting period last time I tried to order for a previous bike.
Just called them to see what there turn around time is.

Its time to get that Christmas list together... All I want for Xmas is a new seat... a Corbin???? 619190
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: All I want for Xmas is a new seat... a Corbin????   All I want for Xmas is a new seat... a Corbin???? EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 3:41 pm

You might pm Pax for more info, scroll to #1010"

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8289837#post8289837

Sarah
Back to top Go down
john92

PostSubject: Re: All I want for Xmas is a new seat... a Corbin????   All I want for Xmas is a new seat... a Corbin???? EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 6:35 pm

Wheeling has a step seat as well. It's only around $140.
Back to top Go down
Bgunn

Bgunn

PostSubject: Re: All I want for Xmas is a new seat... a Corbin????   All I want for Xmas is a new seat... a Corbin???? EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 4:50 pm

The reply from Renazco is that they are currently booked thru early May 2010. They have tons of happy customers and may be worth the wait.

I currently have a Corbin on a DR650 and a DL650 and really like them both. I may end up going the corbin route.
Back to top Go down
Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

PostSubject: Re: All I want for Xmas is a new seat... a Corbin????   All I want for Xmas is a new seat... a Corbin???? EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 7:12 pm

I put a Renazco on my KTM 620 and I really liked it.....I mean I REALLY liked it........VERY comfy,,,,,..as long as it was DRY........if I order a another Renazco I WILL NOT get the suede top again.......the suede doesn't dry out very fast when wet......so, if you buy a Renazco, I'd recommend going ALL LEATHER.....

A couple of pics of the Renazco on my 620 ADV

All I want for Xmas is a new seat... a Corbin???? 100_1230

All I want for Xmas is a new seat... a Corbin???? 100_1231

Last edited by Crawdaddy on Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:24 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: All I want for Xmas is a new seat... a Corbin????   All I want for Xmas is a new seat... a Corbin???? EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 1:53 am

greer wrote:
You might pm Pax for more info, scroll to #1010"

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8289837#post8289837

He says it's HARDER????

Yeesh....
Back to top Go down
asheville thumper

asheville thumper

PostSubject: Re: All I want for Xmas is a new seat... a Corbin????   All I want for Xmas is a new seat... a Corbin???? EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 9:06 am

The Corbin seat looks like it would be extremely uncomfortable if you are seated for any period of time. Judging by the pictures, the extreme slope forward would smash your man parts. On the other hand, if you stand most the time it would work great.

I have a Renazco build date for next week All I want for Xmas is a new seat... a Corbin???? 379944 (ordered back in August). I will post some pics and a review when I get the seat back.
Back to top Go down
Bgunn

Bgunn

PostSubject: Re: All I want for Xmas is a new seat... a Corbin????   All I want for Xmas is a new seat... a Corbin???? EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 9:59 pm

My Corbin on the DR is hard. Some folks have a Corbin bum and some don't.

Just to try something different, I'm leaning towards getting in line for a Renazco.
There is a cool factor to them. Like Crawdaddy suggested leather would work best
in my application.
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: All I want for Xmas is a new seat... a Corbin????   All I want for Xmas is a new seat... a Corbin???? EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 7:30 am

Winter downtime seems to have everybody talking about seat upgrades. There's a Renazco and an XPC thread going on in the Equipment forum here:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6

Sarah
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: All I want for Xmas is a new seat... a Corbin????   All I want for Xmas is a new seat... a Corbin???? EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 10:49 pm

I swear by my Dual Sport Corbin seat on my KTM SuMo.

There is a gravitational tendency to ride up on the tank (re: "Man Parts" comment), but you ride the SuMo there (I bash em on purpose occasionally just to maintain blood flow).

....otherwise, when cruisin' it's quite easy to square the riding position up and sit back on the flat part.

You are likely to move around on the bike over prolonged periods anyways. ~ shrug ~ The stock seat on the WR is compaable to my CRF, and off-road it's fine. I don't imagine it would be that fine over a day of sitting in the saddle riding.

In my estimation, you're good for a good two-inches of foot-to-ground and foot-to-pegs reduction with the Corbin ( ...which may not be a preferable condition if you are six-foot or taller).
Back to top Go down
Bgunn

Bgunn

PostSubject: Re: All I want for Xmas is a new seat... a Corbin????   All I want for Xmas is a new seat... a Corbin???? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 6:28 pm

asheville thumper wrote:
I have a Renazco build date for next week All I want for Xmas is a new seat... a Corbin???? 379944 (ordered back in August). I will post some pics and a review when I get the seat back.

Looking forward to it. I'm in the system with a build date for next May. Until then the Alaska sheepskin will have to do.

Did you go vinyl and with the stock height?
Back to top Go down
Chrispy1200

Chrispy1200

PostSubject: Re: All I want for Xmas is a new seat... a Corbin????   All I want for Xmas is a new seat... a Corbin???? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 8:00 pm

Slightly off topic but does anyone know where to get a plain, all black replacement seat cover with zero graphics or logos ?
Back to top Go down
john92

PostSubject: Re: All I want for Xmas is a new seat... a Corbin????   All I want for Xmas is a new seat... a Corbin???? EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 3:15 am

I don't think there is one. All I want for Xmas is a new seat... a Corbin???? 342500
Back to top Go down
asheville thumper

asheville thumper

PostSubject: Re: All I want for Xmas is a new seat... a Corbin????   All I want for Xmas is a new seat... a Corbin???? EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 7:52 am

Bgunn wrote:
asheville thumper wrote:

Looking forward to it. I'm in the system with a build date for next May. Until then the Alaska sheepskin will have to do.

Did you go vinyl and with the stock height?

Nope, I went with Suede top and vinyl sides and added 1.5" of height.

I'm used to tall enduro/trail bikes with seat heights around 38" and always felt the WR was a little low for my liking. I've had the Renazco Suede seats on other bikes and they are the absolute best. Once you try one you will never go back!! I'll post some pics when it gets here.
Back to top Go down
Bgunn

Bgunn

PostSubject: Re: All I want for Xmas is a new seat... a Corbin????   All I want for Xmas is a new seat... a Corbin???? EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 12:14 am

asheville thumper wrote:

Would like to see those when you get a chance... All I want for Xmas is a new seat... a Corbin???? 163123
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All I want for Xmas is a new seat... a Corbin????   All I want for Xmas is a new seat... a Corbin???? Empty

Back to top Go down

All I want for Xmas is a new seat... a Corbin????
Page 1 of 1