Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Speed Sensor Connector Location

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
HAPPYSILLYFACE

Speed Sensor Connector Location Empty
PostSubject: Speed Sensor Connector Location   Speed Sensor Connector Location EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 12:32 am

I just received my new SpeedoDRD and went to install it on my 2010 WR250R but I can't find the speed sensor connector. I have looked around and found several connectors but nothing appears to be the correct one. HELP!

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: Speed Sensor Connector Location   Speed Sensor Connector Location EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 7:00 am

Check this pic from the website:

http://www.12oclocklabs.com/wr250xr_notice.pdf

Sarah
Back to top Go down
HAPPYSILLYFACE

PostSubject: Re: Speed Sensor Connector Location   Speed Sensor Connector Location EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 9:31 am

Well, DUH? How could I have missed that? Speed Sensor Connector Location 490865

Thanks!

greer wrote:
Check this pic from the website:

http://www.12oclocklabs.com/wr250xr_notice.pdf

Sarah
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: Speed Sensor Connector Location   Speed Sensor Connector Location EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 11:51 am

Holler back and tell us how the install and programming goes. I've been sort of wondering about one of these things for my bike. Near as I can tell it's logging an extra 7 miles per hundred. And I just figure I'm going about 10 miles slower than the speedo says I am. Thanks.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
picard

picard

PostSubject: Re: Speed Sensor Connector Location   Speed Sensor Connector Location EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 3:50 pm

I have a speedoDRD on mine and it works great. Seems to be rugged as well since it still works :-)

Yes I had the same issues re the connector - I wish they would include a note in the box - I'm not the type of guy who goes to every vendor's web site to rummage for additional material before installing something.
Back to top Go down
HAPPYSILLYFACE

PostSubject: Re: Speed Sensor Connector Location   Speed Sensor Connector Location EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 5:28 pm

I found the connector right next to the battery and didn't have to take the whole bike apart, just the left side cover. It took me a few tries to get it programmed but that's because I needed a ZERO as my first digit and the video shows a quick button press to get this but turns out that didn't work for me so I had to use 10 blinks for ZERO then it worked great. With the stock 13t on the front and a 40t on the rear, I was seeing 63MPH on the speedometer and 60MPH on the GPS. I then calculated -4.8 as my conversion and my test ride showed both pretty close at maybe a half MPH off but hard to tell. The GPS has a tenths digit but the speedometer does not. Still, it's much better than stock. Heck, before the sprocket change it was showing about 7MPH faster than the GPS.

greer wrote:
Holler back and tell us how the install and programming goes. I've been sort of wondering about one of these things for my bike. Near as I can tell it's logging an extra 7 miles per hundred. And I just figure I'm going about 10 miles slower than the speedo says I am. Thanks.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Speed Sensor Connector Location   Speed Sensor Connector Location Empty

Back to top Go down

Speed Sensor Connector Location
Page 1 of 1