Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Ridin' in the rain

Go down 
+15
longtallsally
Chrispy1200
JaiDee
Goggles Pisano
SpiritWolf15
Krabill
CDNSXV
mtb
flatboarder
SheWolf
BluePill
ZED
scottmac
inspector
Fargo_Wolf
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SpiritWolf15

SpiritWolf15

Ridin' in the rain - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ridin' in the rain   Ridin' in the rain - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 12:33 am

ooooooo ahhhhh bow
Back to top Go down
JaiDee

JaiDee

PostSubject: since the thread's been jacked a bit...   Ridin' in the rain - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 10:48 pm

RDs! I had a stock 1976 RD350 that dropped the jaw of more than a few riders on Triumphs, Harleys, etc. when they told me there was no way that little rice burner could keep up with a "real" motorcycle. Showing them how wrong they were was a lot of fun! They looked soooo small in the mirror.

Can't imagine what they'd have thought if they ran into your bikes. Wow! Nice!!!
-JD
Back to top Go down
Chrispy1200

Chrispy1200

PostSubject: Re: Ridin' in the rain   Ridin' in the rain - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 9:19 am

Hmmmmm...............I wonder if an RD motor would fit in the WR ? droooool
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Ridin' in the rain   Ridin' in the rain - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 9:55 am

Oh no...dammit Tibby you were talking to Chris, weren't you?!!! eeek

CDNSXV

PostSubject: Re: Ridin' in the rain   Ridin' in the rain - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 12:22 pm

There is some guy on SMJ who is putting an RD motor into an SXV. scratch
Back to top Go down
longtallsally

longtallsally

PostSubject: Re: Ridin' in the rain   Ridin' in the rain - Page 2 EmptyMon May 11, 2009 8:40 pm

I don't have a car. Therefore I ride in the rain. And at night. And in the snow. And in whatever else comes my way. I've only been in some light stuff on the WRR, but the GS really could care less, as could the idiot behind the bars.

Ridin' in the rain - Page 2 IMG_0774

Yes that is snow.
Back to top Go down
WRXZ

WRXZ

PostSubject: Re: Ridin' in the rain   Ridin' in the rain - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 4:38 pm

So what rain gear is everybody using? My truck recently blew an intake manifold gasket, so I'll be commuting on my X while I get it fixed and need some good summer rain gear.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Ridin' in the rain   Ridin' in the rain - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 4:49 pm

I've got Olympia Airglides and that seems to work pretty well. Don't get wet so it must be doing the job.

PostSubject: Re: Ridin' in the rain   Ridin' in the rain - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 10:51 pm

I'm also without-car (and loving it when its above freezing!) so I'm out in all kinds of weather also. Rain, shine, sleet, snow, fog, etc.

Most so-called waterproof gear isn't, regardless of price. My cheap coleman rain suit from walmart is PVC and is 100% waterproof. My not-so-cheap Aerostich AD1 pants and Klim Traverse jacket are waterproof as well, as in raining so hard I can't see waterproof. If I had to buy a real rain suit tomorrow, I'd probably get a BMW ProRain3.
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: Ridin' in the rain   Ridin' in the rain - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 1:12 am

i get rained on pretty frequently here....i have a $70 one piece jump suit i use only if its raining when i leave for work.....i have a 6 mile trip..no biggie, Mx helmet sux after 50mph even in a drizzle...
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: Ridin' in the rain   Ridin' in the rain - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 4:33 pm

Dust not fun.

Mud fun.

Ridin' in the rain - Page 2 6885copy

Me love mud.

Ug.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Ridin' in the rain   Ridin' in the rain - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 4:46 pm

+100 cheers wink

PostSubject: Re: Ridin' in the rain   Ridin' in the rain - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ridin' in the rain
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2