Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Project Complete

Go down 
+2
Medski
Machtig
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Machtig

Project Complete Empty
PostSubject: Project Complete   Project Complete EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 8:15 pm

Well, I think my WRR is officially "done" and I couldn't be happier with it. I'm still in the middle of the engine break in following the Thumper Racing big bore, but I can say this so far--the increase in bottom end torque is substantial. I really like the Jet Hot coated exhaust bits as well. I've run with this headlight for over a week and have passed a couple popo and none have pulled me over yet. I think I'd have issues at night, but I don't typically ride at night unless I'm racing or chasing Scottmac's campsite.:lol3 I'm still trying to get Paul at HDB to build me a custom instrument cluster protector, but for now my home fabbed mount is working fine.

I think all I'll do to the bike at this point is ride it and maintain it. Maybe throw some yellow plastics on it if Wheeling Cycle supply ever gets any. freaky

Project Complete DSC04409

Project Complete DSC04411

Project Complete DSC04412
Back to top Go down
Medski

Medski

Project Complete Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Complete   Project Complete EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 8:45 pm

You bike is hungry for more Gas!!! poser2

Joke's aside Nice Job! I can't wait for my Athena Kit... Maybe next year, or the one after... I think SM wheelset is gonna come first.
Back to top Go down
taoshum

taoshum

Project Complete Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Complete   Project Complete EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 11:34 am

No skid plate to keep the rocks away from the engine?
Back to top Go down
Machtig

Project Complete Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Complete   Project Complete EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 1:33 pm

taoshum wrote:
No skid plate to keep the rocks away from the engine?

I've got one, just haven't put it back on following the big bore install.
Back to top Go down
Trailie

Trailie

Project Complete Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Complete   Project Complete EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 2:51 pm

Nice! What sort of fender is that?
Back to top Go down
Machtig

Project Complete Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Complete   Project Complete EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 3:25 pm

Trailie wrote:
Nice! What sort of fender is that?
OEM black fender.
Back to top Go down
Chief_Lee_Visceral

Project Complete Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Complete   Project Complete EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 9:43 pm

That is one nice setup! Are you liking the bars and how tall are you? I am thinking about the same HDB setup and bars as yours but without the light. I am six foot.

The Athena has the displacement stamped on the cylinder I presume to be cool with the AMA events.
Back to top Go down
Machtig

Project Complete Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Complete   Project Complete EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 10:51 pm

Chief_Lee_Visceral wrote:
That is one nice setup! Are you liking the bars and how tall are you? I am thinking about the same HDB setup and bars as yours but without the light. I am six foot.

The Athena has the displacement stamped on the cylinder I presume to be cool with the AMA events.

I'm just over 6'3" with mx boots on. Sometimes it still feels too low, but I'm used to it now.

That is a very minor reason I didn't go Athena--stealthy is good, but mainly just a bonus. Primarily went Thumper racing because I didn't want the 20 extra grams of reciprocating mass that the Athena kit has over the Thumper Racing kit, and it costs less to boot, and he gave me a custom map for my Power Commander.
Back to top Go down
Chief_Lee_Visceral

Project Complete Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Complete   Project Complete EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 6:15 pm

Thanks for the reply. How's it going with the Thumper kit?

As for the bars in reality I should not sweat the fit now with the shape I am in. I can't ride nearly as much, "off seat, knees bent and gripping tank" position as I should on the trail. Too much straight leg or sitting to tell the truth. pig pig pig
Back to top Go down
john92

Project Complete Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Complete   Project Complete EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 7:33 pm

Looks great. Barely recognizable! I'm starting to feel like I'll be near the "done" point soon. I don't think I will be doing the big-bore kit even though it is very tempting. I'm waiting to see how the IMS tank turns out because I'm really not wanting to give up the factory shrouds.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Project Complete Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Complete   Project Complete Empty

Back to top Go down

Project Complete
Page 1 of 1