Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

WRX to WRR *UPDATED....Project Complete*

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
little squirt

little squirt

WRX to WRR   *UPDATED....Project Complete* Empty
PostSubject: WRX to WRR *UPDATED....Project Complete*   WRX to WRR   *UPDATED....Project Complete* EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 6:32 pm

well almost pulled the trigger on a set from wheeling cycle but was able to come across this deal. Should be pretty straight foward install after all i have researched.

I have the following parts....
-complete WRR front wheel with rotor and spacers
-complete WRR rear wheel with rotor, sprocket and spacers
-complete front brake caliper, line, master cyl. with lever off the WRR

Things on order
-WRR lower fork guards

Going to switch my current 48T rear over the dirt setup and put the stock one back on my 17" setup.

heres a pic of whats being delivered!

WRX to WRR   *UPDATED....Project Complete* Parts056

WRX to WRR   *UPDATED....Project Complete* Wheels001

updates to follow during install freaky

Last edited by little squirt on Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

PostSubject: Re: WRX to WRR *UPDATED....Project Complete*   WRX to WRR   *UPDATED....Project Complete* EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 1:37 am

The wheels from wheelingcycle are good but if you find a better deal like this then it's, well, better.

Good find. Have fun. I sure do with my schitzoid WR. thumb
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: WRX to WRR *UPDATED....Project Complete*   WRX to WRR   *UPDATED....Project Complete* EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 3:12 am

Yea it was posted in the classifieds here and I pulled the trigger on it. Hope I didn't snake anyone but this kind of setup is hard to come by for us X owners.
Back to top Go down
jlpred

PostSubject: Re: WRX to WRR *UPDATED....Project Complete*   WRX to WRR   *UPDATED....Project Complete* EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 10:03 pm

M/C not totally necessary. Neither are the WRR fork guards. I'm running my WRX stuff for both.
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

PostSubject: Re: WRX to WRR *UPDATED....Project Complete*   WRX to WRR   *UPDATED....Project Complete* EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 10:30 pm

jlpred wrote:
M/C not totally necessary. Neither are the WRR fork guards. I'm running my WRX stuff for both.

So, are you breaking/making the brake line connection each time you swap wheels? scratch

Having a second caliper/line/master cylinder is pretty common in the motard world. One set goes with the dirt wheels, one set goes with the motard wheels. I just put the same rotor on both sets but I've got the wheelingcycle wheels, not sure if that will work with the R wheels on an X.
Back to top Go down
Matty

Matty

PostSubject: Re: WRX to WRR *UPDATED....Project Complete*   WRX to WRR   *UPDATED....Project Complete* EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 12:46 am

I'm the complete opposite of you. Went from the R to X. It usually takes me about 35 minutes to switch out sets. Adjusting the chain length is the only thing that gets annoying.

You sure your chain will be short enough to accommodate the stock 42 sprocket? I'm running 12/45 with my R setup and 12/48 with my X setup with a 110 link.
Back to top Go down
jlpred

PostSubject: Re: WRX to WRR *UPDATED....Project Complete*   WRX to WRR   *UPDATED....Project Complete* EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 12:50 pm

ZED, I don't switch. Permanent change for me. Just pointing out that even though WRR and WRX have different piston diameters, the WRX M/C still works fine. I though this guy was doing same since he mentioned fork guards. If I did switch out, I def go Wheeling and not mess with any brake stuff at all.
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: WRX to WRR *UPDATED....Project Complete*   WRX to WRR   *UPDATED....Project Complete* EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 1:27 pm

ok, the wheels and brake setup showed up today!! thumb

have to work tom but will get going on it sunday with a couple pics.

since im going to put the 48t on the dirt tire setup my chain will be the same. I think i have an extra one somewhere that i can dedicate to the street setup with the 12/42 gearing. Cant wait to have the best of both worlds!!
Back to top Go down
john92

PostSubject: Re: WRX to WRR *UPDATED....Project Complete*   WRX to WRR   *UPDATED....Project Complete* EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 3:52 pm

Matty wrote:
I'm running 12/45 with my R setup and 12/48 with my X setup with a 110 link.

I was running 12/48 for street and dirt when I had the two sets of wheels. You should get another 48t for your dirt set. I think the 12/48 setup is better for dirt than street. Plus, you wouldn't have to mess with adjusting the chain. That's another reason I ran the same gearing on both sets. Have you tried the 12/48 combo on the dirt setup already?
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: WRX to WRR *UPDATED....Project Complete*   WRX to WRR   *UPDATED....Project Complete* EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 2:04 pm

no im running 13/48 on the street and i start in 2nd gear all the time. with 12/48 i might be able to take off in 3rd, hahahaha i wanna take it down a bit for the street, like back to stock gearing now that i have the option of running two setups
Back to top Go down
Matty

Matty

PostSubject: Re: WRX to WRR *UPDATED....Project Complete*   WRX to WRR   *UPDATED....Project Complete* EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 4:18 pm

Living and riding at my elevation the larger rear sprockets helps a whole lot. The 12/48 setup is great for some of our really tight canyons and a whole lot of Hooliganism. If i want to do longer rides or wider, faster twistys, I've got two other bikes (see signature).
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: WRX to WRR *UPDATED....Project Complete*   WRX to WRR   *UPDATED....Project Complete* EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 8:39 pm

All done!! Took about 30min to swap the wheels. Same spacers on both wheels and my brake line clamp worked just fine. have another set of plastics on the way for my dirt only application!

i dont like the ktm fender too much with the dirt setup, but it looks great on my street setup!

WRX to WRR   *UPDATED....Project Complete* DSC01430-1

WRX to WRR   *UPDATED....Project Complete* DSC01434-1

WRX to WRR   *UPDATED....Project Complete* DSC01435-1

WRX to WRR   *UPDATED....Project Complete* DSC01436-1

WRX to WRR   *UPDATED....Project Complete* DSC01433-1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WRX to WRR *UPDATED....Project Complete*   WRX to WRR   *UPDATED....Project Complete* EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 2:21 am

[quote="little squirt"]All done!! Took about 30min to swap the wheels. Same spacers on both wheels and my brake line clamp worked just fine. have another set of plastics on the way for my dirt only application!

i dont like the ktm fender too much with the dirt setup, but it looks great on my street setup!

[img]https://2img.net/h/i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk7/zimm18/motorcycle/DSC01430-1.jpg[/img]

[img]https://2img.net/h/i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk7/zimm18/motorcycle/DSC01434-1.jpg[/img]

[img]https://2img.net/h/i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk7/zimm18/motorcycle/DSC01435-1.jpg[/img]

[img]https://2img.net/h/i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk7/zimm18/motorcycle/DSC01436-1.jpg[/img]

[img]https://2img.net/h/i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk7/zimm18/motorcycle/DSC01433-1.jpg[/img][/quote]

Dude, that's sharp. Love the WRR wheels... the Jager dekes... hell, I really like the KTM fender!

Rad background, too. But dead brown Colorado in the near winter will never look like freakin' Hawaii!!

-feet
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: WRX to WRR *UPDATED....Project Complete*   WRX to WRR   *UPDATED....Project Complete* EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 10:11 pm

yea i have a set of stock plastic coming for my dedicated dirt setup, the KTM fender is for my street up!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WRX to WRR *UPDATED....Project Complete*   WRX to WRR   *UPDATED....Project Complete* Empty

Back to top Go down

WRX to WRR *UPDATED....Project Complete*
Page 1 of 1