Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

NW Ohio!!

Go down 
+3
Matty
inspector
ArmyStrongMD
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ArmyStrongMD

ArmyStrongMD

NW Ohio!! Empty
PostSubject: NW Ohio!!   NW Ohio!! EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 11:01 am

Hey guys!

I bought a 2010 WRR yesterday. I've been researching dual sports for about a month. Had a YZ125 about 10 years ago (it's older than that though). I've been riding sportbikes since 05, and currently own a 2008 CBR 600RR. I was going to trade it in on the WRR, since the dealer offered me a generous trade-in of $5,000. The '10 WRR was marked down to $5,290, so I would have paid very little out of pocket and wouldn't have to worry about a loan. Instead I took 0% APR for 6 months from Yamaha and financed the whole thing. This leaves me the flexibility to pay it off in cash over the next few months, or sell the CBR and pay it off all at once.

Now that I've put about 150 miles on her, I must say this is the best bike I've ever owned. While it doesn't seem to be the best at anything (my 06 CRF250 was better offroad, my Ninja 250R was a bit quicker, etc.) this bike does damn near everything VERY well. It came down to this or a KLR. My gripes on this bike are the seat and the gas tank. I've heard the seat wears in, and I can get an aftermarket tank. The KLR would have probably been a better fit for me with a little more power, highway comfort, and range, but I told myself years ago I'd never buy another carbureted bike. I love FI,and hate carbs, so this bike seemed like an easy decision. In the end, I'm quite pleased with it, as the power is much better than I expected, and it handles much better than the KLR on the street (IMHO).

Now I'll probably cut the CBR loose, since this bike is such a blast, I just don't see myself riding it anymore. My girlfriend likes the CBR better, she complains about the angle of her legs on the rear pegs and the small seat (I can't quite get comfortable sitting really far forward, so she has little room). However, she's my girlfriend, not my wife, and it's my money, so I'll get whatever bike I want and she can suck it up. I've found we can cruise at 85 together, although I much prefer riding slower for the MPGs and reduced wind.

No upgrade plans right away, I'm giving the seat time to wear in before I change. Also seeing how far I can get riding conservatively before I swap out the tank. However, I am looking to trade for/buy the black WRX plastics. They almost sold me on the WRX, but I wanted knobbies and changing plastics isn't a big deal. If any of you guys are located NW OH or SE MI, let me know if you want to ride. Perhaps you can show me some trails, as I've had little luck finding any good ones, mostly just fields and such. I'll miss the CBR but the ability to explore is well worth the trade for the power of a supersport.

NW Ohio!! A64bd5c8
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

NW Ohio!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NW Ohio!!   NW Ohio!! EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 1:51 pm

Welcome, HI!
Back to top Go down
Matty

Matty

NW Ohio!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NW Ohio!!   NW Ohio!! EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 2:10 pm

welcome.......
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

NW Ohio!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NW Ohio!!   NW Ohio!! EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 12:52 am

Welcome to the pack! NW Ohio!! 61865 If you want a bigger tank, there's a 3.1 gallon coming out from IMS that is cheaper than the Safari, uses the stock shape and shrouds so it isn't hideous looking. Check the Mods area for the group deal going on that. NW Ohio!! 93746

dc4stroke

NW Ohio!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NW Ohio!!   NW Ohio!! EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 3:17 pm

Don't do it........Keep the CBR. Multi-ownership has it's perks.
Back to top Go down
MeefZah

MeefZah

NW Ohio!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NW Ohio!!   NW Ohio!! EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 7:22 am

Howdy, Doc.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

NW Ohio!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NW Ohio!!   NW Ohio!! EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 9:58 am

dc4stroke wrote:
Don't do it........Keep the CBR. Multi-ownership has it's perks.

I thought that too. I sold my 600 sportbike with the same reasons in mind. I haven't looked back and I don't miss it like I thought I would.

ZED

NW Ohio!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NW Ohio!!   NW Ohio!! EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 10:04 am

Welcome to the pack!

By the way, the seat will not break in. Sorry that you were disillusioned there. After > 15,000km on mine it's still feels like a board.
Just encourages a person to stand on the pegs more. Very happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NW Ohio!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NW Ohio!!   NW Ohio!! Empty

Back to top Go down

NW Ohio!!
Page 1 of 1