Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Digital Tachometer-Voltmeter mkO5

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
skrew

Digital Tachometer-Voltmeter mkO5 Empty
PostSubject: Digital Tachometer-Voltmeter mkO5   Digital Tachometer-Voltmeter mkO5 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 7:05 am

Hi!
Tried yesterday 3-in-1 tachometer. Just plugged it to battery and RPM sensor wire to ORANGE from bunch of wires from ENGINE CONTROL UNIT and that's it! Later will solder all wires.
Got nice results from comparison of internal tachometer in diag mode and my new external. Also very happy with battery results - voltage is ALWAYS more that 12V!
I am very happy with it. Last time I used it on my 125cc carburettor bike and it helps me very much, now it works on fuel injection!

On pictures you can see this linear scale for RPMs. It shows me only 5x1000 revolutions, but I can set multiplier to 2 or even 4 and will see all range of 11x1000 on the top of the screen.
Also will change LED illumination to match Yamaha's LCD? and may be will do new case (alu or plastic)
Digital Tachometer-Voltmeter mkO5 IMG_0002
Digital Tachometer-Voltmeter mkO5 IMG_0003
Digital Tachometer-Voltmeter mkO5 IMG_0018
Digital Tachometer-Voltmeter mkO5 IMG_0009
Digital Tachometer-Voltmeter mkO5 IMG_0008

Last edited by skrew on Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
vwsandman

vwsandman

PostSubject: ??   Digital Tachometer-Voltmeter mkO5 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 9:19 am

From where and how much?
Back to top Go down
skrew

PostSubject: Re: Digital Tachometer-Voltmeter mkO5   Digital Tachometer-Voltmeter mkO5 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 9:59 am

vwsandman wrote:
From where and how much?

Ebay, of course.
30 USD + 8 delivery.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Motorcycle-digital-tachometer-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem4aa49bd15dQQitemZ320589255005QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
Back to top Go down
Boondocker

Boondocker

PostSubject: tach scale   Digital Tachometer-Voltmeter mkO5 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 8:36 pm

Does the tachometer scale slide up? I presume it's reading 1000x, but still only goes to 5.5 - needs to go twice as high.
Back to top Go down
skrew

PostSubject: Re: Digital Tachometer-Voltmeter mkO5   Digital Tachometer-Voltmeter mkO5 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 2:14 am

Boondocker wrote:
Does the tachometer scale slide up? I presume it's reading 1000x, but still only goes to 5.5 - needs to go twice as high.

Instruction says there are multipliers 1x 2x 4x 8x. Now I am using 2x and linear scale shows me range 5500x2 RPM=11000 but numerical its always in 2 times less. But in my case this is not important, I like that.
Back to top Go down
Boondocker

Boondocker

PostSubject: Re: Digital Tachometer-Voltmeter mkO5   Digital Tachometer-Voltmeter mkO5 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 3:17 pm

skrew wrote:
Boondocker wrote:

Instruction says there are multipliers 1x 2x 4x 8x. Now I am using 2x and linear scale shows me range 5500x2 RPM=11000 but numerical its always in 2 times less. But in my case this is not important, I like that.

OK. That wasn't intuitively obvious from the photo, but I guess if I can error-correct my speed in my head, I could do the tach too. Just don't ask me to use a Celsius thermometer Suspect
Back to top Go down
skrew

PostSubject: Re: Digital Tachometer-Voltmeter mkO5   Digital Tachometer-Voltmeter mkO5 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 4:23 pm

Boondocker wrote:

OK. That wasn't intuitively obvious from the photo, but I guess if I can error-correct my speed in my head, I could do the tach too. Just don't ask me to use a Celsius thermometer Suspect

Maybe I'm not clearly explained my results. This device supports set of multipliers and it does all calculations automatically, so only quick view to the top of the display and I know what is going on.

Set up multiplier is easy: press together buttons "+" and "P" to set it from 1 up to 8. At this point it will show RPMs divided by this number.

Now for 5000 RPMs I will se only half of linear scale.
Back to top Go down
1moreroad

PostSubject: Re: Digital Tachometer-Voltmeter mkO5   Digital Tachometer-Voltmeter mkO5 EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 4:22 pm

skrew wrote:
Hi!
Tried yesterday 3-in-1 tachometer. Just plugged it to battery and RPM sensor wire to ORANGE from bunch of wires from ENGINE CONTROL UNIT and that's it! Later will solder all wires.
Got nice results from comparison of internal tachometer in diag mode and my new external. Also very happy with battery results - voltage is ALWAYS more that 12V!
I am very happy with it. Last time I used it on my 125cc carburettor bike and it helps me very much, now it works on fuel injection!

Is it waterproof?
Back to top Go down
cuban11182

PostSubject: Re: Digital Tachometer-Voltmeter mkO5   Digital Tachometer-Voltmeter mkO5 EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 6:34 pm

1moreroad wrote:
Is it waterproof?

It says no on the eBay listing:

Q: Is it water-resistant?
A: In general - NO. You should protect it from direct water. But my MK-05 worked more than 2 years without any special cover.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Digital Tachometer-Voltmeter mkO5   Digital Tachometer-Voltmeter mkO5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Digital Tachometer-Voltmeter mkO5
Page 1 of 1