Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Don't Ever Add Up All Your Farkles!!! Do yourself a favor!!

Go down 
+4
gatorfan
dc4stroke
Pete
john92
8 posters
AuthorMessage
john92

Don't Ever Add Up All Your Farkles!!! Do yourself a favor!! Empty
PostSubject: Don't Ever Add Up All Your Farkles!!! Do yourself a favor!!   Don't Ever Add Up All Your Farkles!!! Do yourself a favor!! EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 3:39 pm

As the title states, you may lose your mind if you are one of the ones (like me) that has purchased alot of goodies for your WRR/X. I was bored today and dug out all my receipts and the paper that I keep track of all my bike changes on. I roughly added up all the stuff I have bought and added. If I hadn't sold my X setup, I would have a little bit over $10,000 in this little toy. Since I no longer have them, I am right around $9500. WTF!! WOW!!
OK sorry for the rant. I just had to post this. Thinks to self- "Alright, now what Website was it I was going to just now to buy some more WRR stuff?"
GAHHHH
Back to top Go down
Pete

PostSubject: Re: Don't Ever Add Up All Your Farkles!!! Do yourself a favor!!   Don't Ever Add Up All Your Farkles!!! Do yourself a favor!! EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 6:54 pm

Don't need to remind me, I have all the farkles plus a turbo... Its pretty depressing untill I give the throttle a twist and give the boost gauge a glance :P
Back to top Go down
dc4stroke

dc4stroke

PostSubject: Re: Don't Ever Add Up All Your Farkles!!! Do yourself a favor!!   Don't Ever Add Up All Your Farkles!!! Do yourself a favor!! EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 11:09 pm

It's the same no matter what bikes I've owned. I added all the farkle up for the harley and cried. I refigured it as if I had used all new OEM and taken it to the stealer for the installs.I was happy again. I've just started on the WR. But have the Hawk to do also.....And it's 22 years old. So just finding the parts I want will be half the battle. Thank god Two Brothers has reissued an exhaust for the thing. It can with a Corbin Gunfighter and a jet kit thrown in the deal.

Have you ever bought a new bike. Spent the first weekend riding it then tore it down Monday when ya got in from work? It's a illness for sure. One without a cure, just therapy. thumb
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: Don't Ever Add Up All Your Farkles!!! Do yourself a favor!!   Don't Ever Add Up All Your Farkles!!! Do yourself a favor!! EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 1:55 am

That is too funny. I just had the same thought today. Broke out in a cold sweat.

This is my next mod.
Don't Ever Add Up All Your Farkles!!! Do yourself a favor!! Strap_13
Back to top Go down
dc4stroke

dc4stroke

PostSubject: Re: Don't Ever Add Up All Your Farkles!!! Do yourself a favor!!   Don't Ever Add Up All Your Farkles!!! Do yourself a favor!! EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 2:11 am

Oh no.......cash basis only. I may be a slow learner. But that lesson came long ago.
Back to top Go down
dtx

dtx

PostSubject: Re: Don't Ever Add Up All Your Farkles!!! Do yourself a favor!!   Don't Ever Add Up All Your Farkles!!! Do yourself a favor!! EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 6:36 pm

I just dont worry about that stuff,ALL my bikes get extras.I am the end user,its not gonna get sold and it is not an investment.
Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: Re: Don't Ever Add Up All Your Farkles!!! Do yourself a favor!!   Don't Ever Add Up All Your Farkles!!! Do yourself a favor!! EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 7:24 pm

dtx wrote:
I just dont worry about that stuff,ALL my bikes get extras.I am the end user,its not gonna get sold and it is not an investment.
It's an investment in your happiness! thumb
Back to top Go down
wjfawb0

PostSubject: Re: Don't Ever Add Up All Your Farkles!!! Do yourself a favor!!   Don't Ever Add Up All Your Farkles!!! Do yourself a favor!! EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 10:49 pm

Bikes are the one thing I don't modify much. I had a $30,000 USD car a few years back that I ended up spending an extra $20,000 on. It was fun, but not $50,000 fun. eeek
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Don't Ever Add Up All Your Farkles!!! Do yourself a favor!!   Don't Ever Add Up All Your Farkles!!! Do yourself a favor!! EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 11:14 pm

john92 wrote:
As the title states, you may lose your mind if you are one of the ones (like me) that has purchased alot of goodies for your WRR/X. I was bored today and dug out all my receipts and the paper that I keep track of all my bike changes on. I roughly added up all the stuff I have bought and added. If I hadn't sold my X setup, I would have a little bit over $10,000 in this little toy. Since I no longer have them, I am right around $9500. WTF!! WOW!!
OK sorry for the rant. I just had to post this. Thinks to self- "Alright, now what Website was it I was going to just now to buy some more WRR stuff?"
GAHHHH

John,

Yeah, it's scary to me how much I sink into these things, too. eeek

I just had a bike totaled a few months ago and was fortunate to have farkle insurance (accessories coverage). I still lost about a grand budah plus they hosed me on the basic bike value dddog , so another grand lost there. But still better off than with no accessories coverage.

So with my recently purchased used WRX, I started a spreadsheet from day one of ordering parts. It's shocking once again but allowed me to get the correct accessories coverage. I had to quickly increase the coverage over basic as the money dump went quicker than I ever expected.

Respectful counterpoint here; it's alarming, but I feel like it's best that I know the exact amount for insurance reasons. thumb

Artoo

freaky
Back to top Go down
Mikechicago

Mikechicago

PostSubject: Re: Don't Ever Add Up All Your Farkles!!! Do yourself a favor!!   Don't Ever Add Up All Your Farkles!!! Do yourself a favor!! EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 7:22 pm

What the hell is a Farkle!?!?!?!?!? Does Zeta make that or Attitude Industries???
Back to top Go down
john92

PostSubject: Re: Don't Ever Add Up All Your Farkles!!! Do yourself a favor!!   Don't Ever Add Up All Your Farkles!!! Do yourself a favor!! EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 9:12 pm

All companies make them. Farkles=Extras for your bike, things not needed to make your bike run in OEM condition. wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Don't Ever Add Up All Your Farkles!!! Do yourself a favor!!   Don't Ever Add Up All Your Farkles!!! Do yourself a favor!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Don't Ever Add Up All Your Farkles!!! Do yourself a favor!!
Page 1 of 1