Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Hi from South Carolina

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
db337

Hi from South Carolina Empty
PostSubject: Hi from South Carolina   Hi from South Carolina EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 9:27 pm

Just joined forum looks like a very neat site. I am planning to buy a dual sport bike. Looking at wr250r for this bike. But still undecided. Just don't know how it is on longer road trips. Any info will be appreciated!
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Hi from South Carolina   Hi from South Carolina EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 9:54 pm

Oh boy...we have a guy doing a cross-continent ride on his R². Stock seat.

Medski's Road trip

SoupSandwich

PostSubject: Re: Hi from South Carolina   Hi from South Carolina EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 11:09 pm

Welcome to the party........... I have an X but from what I read on here the R is shizzle!! droooool
Back to top Go down
dc4stroke

dc4stroke

PostSubject: Re: Hi from South Carolina   Hi from South Carolina EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 12:00 am

SheWolf wrote:
Oh boy...we have a guy doing a cross-continent ride on his R². Stock seat.

Medski's Road trip

I think he (Medski) should do a side trip to the Corbin Saddle factory. Surely they would have pity on the boy to donate a new seat to him.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Hi from South Carolina   Hi from South Carolina EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 10:50 am

Funny, he said that he doesn't mind the stock seat. He uses a neck pillow along with the seat and says it works fine...although I'm sure if someone waved a free aftermarket one he's take it. Hi from South Carolina 93746

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: Hi from South Carolina   Hi from South Carolina EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 12:49 pm

db337 wrote:
Just joined forum looks like a very neat site. I am planning to buy a dual sport bike. Looking at wr250r for this bike. But still undecided. Just don't know how it is on longer road trips. Any info will be appreciated!

Welcome DB.

Define longer?

I assume your talking about comfort because the bike will go as far as you want. Can the rider? This depends on a lot of factors.

1) Age is a big one. Backs, knees, war wounds etc.
2) Your desire for comfort. Some people are just crazy men and tough it out mile after mile - and do it with a smile. How much gumption do you have?

If comfort is a premium and you plan on monster long rides you may want to skip the thumper catagory completely. If you go with a twin you are giving up major off road abiltiy due to weight.

If your bent on a thumper for dirt capabilties then there are some things you can do to increase comfort a bit. After market seat, street helmet, gel gloves, wind screens and probably most importantly - street oriented tires. Seat height which is adjustable on the WR, is a big factor for comfort too.

IMO the WR has relatively low buzz for a thumper but some have argued this is not the case.

2-3 hours at a time used to be my comfort limit. Now I do 4-6 on consecutive days (I'm 50 y.o) - with very few comfort mods. And of course there are maniacs going cross country on them. God bless 'em. thumb

Be prepared to drop some $$$ after initial purchase. And then some more ... Very happy Very happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi from South Carolina   Hi from South Carolina Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi from South Carolina
Page 1 of 1