Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

The Sandblast 200 in South Carolina

Go down 
+2
cryptomundo
Recon_Buck
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Recon_Buck

Recon_Buck

The Sandblast 200 in South Carolina Empty
PostSubject: The Sandblast 200 in South Carolina   The Sandblast 200 in South Carolina EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 11:59 pm

I'm registered (due to peer pressure) in the Sandblast 200... Here's the link: http://www.sandblastrally.com/2011/

I figured what the hell... The bike is heavy and small, but I'm learning and having fun. The trails appear to be mostly loose (often very loose and very deep) sand; and the bike has to be a dual-sport as there are some hard ball roads involved.

Does any one have any advise to offer to a new guy???? Is anyone else going, if so, I'll be your awesome competition in the "Light Class!" GAHHHH

Let me know! wings
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: The Sandblast 200 in South Carolina   The Sandblast 200 in South Carolina EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 9:27 am

what tires you planning to use? recommended tire pressure for the loose stuff and load?

Back to top Go down
mattf

PostSubject: Re: The Sandblast 200 in South Carolina   The Sandblast 200 in South Carolina EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 1:08 pm

I've heard about the sandblast but don't really know too much about it. just go in with expecting to have fun and don't worry about winning.
Back to top Go down
Chief_Lee_Visceral

PostSubject: Re: The Sandblast 200 in South Carolina   The Sandblast 200 in South Carolina EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 4:44 pm

cryptomundo wrote:

what tires you planning to use? recommended tire pressure for the loose stuff and load?

+1
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: The Sandblast 200 in South Carolina   The Sandblast 200 in South Carolina EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 2:10 pm

I'm thinking hard about running it too. Tires, if I go I'm running full non-DOT soft-intermediate terrain knobs personally.
Back to top Go down
dtx

dtx

PostSubject: Re: The Sandblast 200 in South Carolina   The Sandblast 200 in South Carolina EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 6:02 pm

http://www.fastbikeindustries.com/index.htm

get it revalved,so much better !! It will go ware you point it !!
Back to top Go down
Recon_Buck

Recon_Buck

PostSubject: Loading up now!!!!   The Sandblast 200 in South Carolina EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 11:39 pm

Okay, I'm almost all loaded. Taking the bike down to SC first thing on Thursday. I'm very excited. I've mounted the non-DOT tires, and I'll bleed them down a bit.

If anyone has any advice, now's a good time to share! wings

The ride is on! freaky
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: The Sandblast 200 in South Carolina   The Sandblast 200 in South Carolina EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 12:05 am

Good luck! Ride fast, take chances, finish. wings
Back to top Go down
dtx

dtx

PostSubject: Re: The Sandblast 200 in South Carolina   The Sandblast 200 in South Carolina EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:59 am

Keep us updated,have fun and relax. Before you can finish first,you have to finish !
What was your tire choice ?
Back to top Go down
Recon_Buck

Recon_Buck

PostSubject: The Sandblast!   The Sandblast 200 in South Carolina EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:20 pm

Thanks for the comments. I'll get back with you regarding the tires soon... on the road now. Excited as hell!!! I'm the only 250 in the race, and the only Yamaha. All my brother riders are on their big Boxer GSs or on the crazy-fast BMW 450X. I'll post pics when I get back. Hopefully, I'll be back in time for the Superbowl! poser2
Back to top Go down
Recon_Buck

Recon_Buck

PostSubject: Just returned home from not-so-sunny SC!   The Sandblast 200 in South Carolina EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 11:20 pm

The Sandblast 2011 should have been called the Mudblast 2011! I finished, and was the only WR250R in the race, I think I did us proud, as I finished the race!!! bannana

I will say this... It was a challenging event, but was filled with some of the best people and most awesome riders I've ever been around. dutch

More later, and as my friends send me the pictures, I will share. cheers

Last edited by Recon_Buck on Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mattf

PostSubject: Re: The Sandblast 200 in South Carolina   The Sandblast 200 in South Carolina EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 1:29 pm

Recon_Buck wrote:
The Sandblast 2011 should have been called the Mudblast 2011! I finished, and as the only WR250R in the race, I think I did us proud, as I finished the race!!! bannana

I will say this... It was a challenging event, but was filled with some of the best people and most awesome riders I've ever been around. dutch

More later, and as my friends send me the pictures, I will share. cheers

congrats on finishing. sounds like you had a great time, can't wait for the pictures.
Back to top Go down
Recon_Buck

Recon_Buck

PostSubject: Here's a few pictures...   The Sandblast 200 in South Carolina EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 6:50 pm

Okay, I wasn't the fastest, but I did place 2nd in the Lite class (okay, there was only two of us).... But I finished the damn race!!!

Here's a few pics.... Enjoy!

Buck

Buck at Sandblast 11-2
Back to top Go down
Recon_Buck

Recon_Buck

PostSubject: A few more....   The Sandblast 200 in South Carolina EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 6:56 pm

I'm looking like I know what I'm doing here...
Buck 04

Here's I'm running as fast as I can through the muck and slick as snot wet clay!!!
Buck 03

And here I am in SS7, running in the pitch darkness of the night!!!
Buck 05
Back to top Go down
Recon_Buck

Recon_Buck

PostSubject: Last One!   The Sandblast 200 in South Carolina EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 6:59 pm

Here I am pulling into the service area after the Transit from SS2...

Buck at Sandblast 11-1

Overall, a GREAT time!!!! thumb
Back to top Go down
Chief_Lee_Visceral

PostSubject: Re: The Sandblast 200 in South Carolina   The Sandblast 200 in South Carolina EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 7:07 pm

Fun is all that matters. I like to honk my horn and use my turn signals if I manage to get in earshot of of a someone that looks too serious on the trail.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Sandblast 200 in South Carolina   The Sandblast 200 in South Carolina Empty

Back to top Go down

The Sandblast 200 in South Carolina
Page 1 of 1