Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

AT LONG LAST ! The WR250FXi lives

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
WR250FX

AT LONG LAST ! The WR250FXi lives  Empty
PostSubject: AT LONG LAST ! The WR250FXi lives    AT LONG LAST ! The WR250FXi lives  EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 9:46 am

Well i certainly wouldnt recommend this to anyone, the build up/modifications were a nightmare, but here it is, a wr250x motor in a wr250 chassis, nearly all new, god only knows what it owes me !,.........ops, cant seem to attach the pics, any help ? ? http://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=3a5a9103ed&view=att&th=12b7bc073167e9cd&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=f_gewkrk460&zw
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: AT LONG LAST ! The WR250FXi lives    AT LONG LAST ! The WR250FXi lives  EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 12:54 pm

Put your pics up on a hosting site like www.photobucket.com
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: AT LONG LAST ! The WR250FXi lives    AT LONG LAST ! The WR250FXi lives  EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 12:40 am

Cool... Can't WAIT TO SEE it.

Now can you get a WR450F into the WR250R chassis ?
Back to top Go down
john92

PostSubject: Re: AT LONG LAST ! The WR250FXi lives    AT LONG LAST ! The WR250FXi lives  EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 12:54 pm

X-Racer wrote:
Cool... Can't WAIT TO SEE it.

Now can you get a WR450F into the WR250R chassis ?

Wouldn't you be trading off a much better suspension?
Back to top Go down
NorCalWR

NorCalWR

PostSubject: Re: AT LONG LAST ! The WR250FXi lives    AT LONG LAST ! The WR250FXi lives  EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 12:59 pm

You would be trading for a much bigger motor into a street legal chassis. I think that is what he is after.
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: AT LONG LAST ! The WR250FXi lives    AT LONG LAST ! The WR250FXi lives  EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 5:45 pm

NorCalWR wrote:
You would be trading for a much bigger motor into a street legal chassis. I think that is what he is after.

Bingo... ...and not just street legal, but a more off-road adaptable platform (not a 400 lb plus) pound platform.

You can fix the suspension components to be compatible.

Back to top Go down
NorCalWR

NorCalWR

PostSubject: Re: AT LONG LAST ! The WR250FXi lives    AT LONG LAST ! The WR250FXi lives  EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 6:03 pm

X-Racer wrote:
NorCalWR wrote:

Bingo... ...and not just street legal, but a more off-road adaptable platform (not a 400 lb plus) pound platform.

You can fix the suspension components to be compatible.

I think I would mess my shorts if I had a WR450R! wings
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: AT LONG LAST ! The WR250FXi lives    AT LONG LAST ! The WR250FXi lives  EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 12:56 am

NorCal: That's why ya gotta wear these. They don't call em 'compression shorts' for nothing.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/6/10/14369/ITEM/Alpinestars-Compression-Shorts.aspx
Back to top Go down
NorCalWR

NorCalWR

PostSubject: Re: AT LONG LAST ! The WR250FXi lives    AT LONG LAST ! The WR250FXi lives  EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 11:36 am

Well when Yamaha comes out with the WR450R or if I come across a good deal on a 450 motor to stuff into my WR I will order the shorts... thumb
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AT LONG LAST ! The WR250FXi lives    AT LONG LAST ! The WR250FXi lives  EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 8:36 pm

I was thinking about this today after a day of riding the trails on my 2 stroke. God I wish it had the magic button. I wonder how difficult it would be to fit wr250f forks onto our frames? That would give much better front suspension and also open the door for cheap wheels.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AT LONG LAST ! The WR250FXi lives    AT LONG LAST ! The WR250FXi lives  Empty

Back to top Go down

AT LONG LAST ! The WR250FXi lives
Page 1 of 1