Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

rear shock agustment

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sdcustoms

sdcustoms

rear shock agustment  Empty
PostSubject: rear shock agustment    rear shock agustment  EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 6:59 am

need to stiffen up rear shock can any one help n talk me throw it
Back to top Go down
dtx

dtx

PostSubject: Re: rear shock agustment    rear shock agustment  EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 2:47 pm

it is in your owners manual,loosen the collars and tighten the spring. helps to mesure before you start,you may want to go back.
checked the book,min soft=216mm,standard=211.5mm,max hard=206mm. that is the overall length of the spring. i run max hard,should just respring mine.
Back to top Go down
YamaLink

PostSubject: Re: rear shock agustment    rear shock agustment  EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 2:50 pm

Here is an easy to understand tutorial: http://www.tootechracing.com/suspension_tips.htm

Except the sag example of 4" does not relate to the WR250 since it has much less than 12 inches of sag.
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: rear shock agustment    rear shock agustment  EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 8:18 pm

i dont think you can "stiffen" up the rear spring by cranking down on preload. that is what's used to setup your sag.

A different "Rate" sping would make it stiffer and allow for proper sag adjustment.

Back to top Go down
WRXer

PostSubject: Re: rear shock agustment    rear shock agustment  EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 1:25 pm

little squirt wrote:
i dont think you can "stiffen" up the rear spring by cranking down on preload. that is what's used to setup your sag.

A different "Rate" sping would make it stiffer and allow for proper sag adjustment.

Word. +1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: rear shock agustment    rear shock agustment  Empty

Back to top Go down

rear shock agustment
Page 1 of 1