Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Rear brake bleeding

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
toast

Rear brake bleeding Empty
PostSubject: Rear brake bleeding   Rear brake bleeding EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 4:28 pm

The service manual I have stops at 1-15, unfortunately the brake bleeding procedure is on 1-25. Is there a trick to bleeding the rear line? I have a vacuum pump and get a steady flow of fluid out of the bleeder nipple with no air bubbles, but there is barely any resistance in the pedal. On the front line you can just get most of the air out, close the nipple and keep squeezing the lever - the bubbles will work their way to the top and just come out in the master cylinder. Does this work for the rear if I remove the caliper and let it hang below the master cylinder?

thanks
Back to top Go down
usgpru27

PostSubject: Re: Rear brake bleeding   Rear brake bleeding EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 10:18 pm

Try bleeding the line to the master. Crack the line loose from the master with the pressure on the pedal. Repeat until its squirting solid fluid. Sometimes there is a bubble inside the master piston that needs some assistance.
Back to top Go down
toast

PostSubject: Re: Rear brake bleeding   Rear brake bleeding EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 8:32 am

Turns out it was the caliper. If you ever have the thing fully empty, you have to get the system mostly bled, then remove the rear wheel and turn the caliper upside down for the final bleed. Big trapped air bubble came out, now the pedal is a rock.
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: Rear brake bleeding   Rear brake bleeding EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 7:32 pm

Went to install new pads today (there's more to the story but this should be enough). Pushed the piston in to install the new pads. Now I have absolutely no pressure. Opened it up after to see if bleeding helps but it didn't. The question is....what happened to lose pressure and more importantly how do I fix it?!?

*I'll try taking the wheel off tomorrow and turning the caliper upside down but.....why did it do it?
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: Rear brake bleeding   Rear brake bleeding EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 10:32 pm

If you cannot make the piston move at all then it it's the master not the caliper
I always just push the piston ALL the way into the caliper before you do anything as it makes bleeding much easier
There's really no reason to ever get air in the system while changing fluid, you just cycle fuid though til it comes out clean
Even after you have it al bled and working it's good practice to do this but sometimes you overflow the master and then when you pump it up you need to add some fluid
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: Rear brake bleeding   Rear brake bleeding EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 12:50 pm

Pretty sure there was just a big air bubble in there. How I don't know.

Ended up pumping the brake about 20times(maybe this was enough to help with the bubble instead of taking the caliper off...worked for me) to try and build pressure then releasing bleed nipple then tighten. Did this 4 or 5 times. On the 4th try it actually started to build pressure. Now seems good.

*edit...could someone call up Yamaha and tell them the manual is screwy? Kept referring me to page 1-25 when actually "How to bleed the brake system" is on 3-25. (was looking for what fluid level should be...never really said)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rear brake bleeding   Rear brake bleeding Empty

Back to top Go down

Rear brake bleeding
Page 1 of 1