Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Rear Brake Problem

Go down 
+2
mwakey
DirtFarmer
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DirtFarmer

DirtFarmer

Rear Brake Problem Empty
PostSubject: Rear Brake Problem   Rear Brake Problem EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 8:51 pm

My disc is rubbing the caliper bracket. The caliper has never been off the bracket and disc defelction is .0038 on the wheel and .0033 off the wheel, well within factory specs (thanks SheWolf). Plenty of pad left and piston and shoe are square with the disc.

Just no clearance between the disc and bracket.

Rear Brake Problem 511227226_fh4e5-L

Rear Brake Problem 511226877_RJENf-L
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

Rear Brake Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Brake Problem   Rear Brake Problem EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 9:07 pm

Did you ever drop the bike or hit anything? How long have you had the bike before this happened?
Back to top Go down
DirtFarmer

DirtFarmer

Rear Brake Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Brake Problem   Rear Brake Problem EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 9:14 pm

mwakey wrote:
Did you ever drop the bike or hit anything? How long have you had the bike before this happened?

No, that cast would not bend very easy. Pretty hard, I think I would crack it before it would bend.

The bike has only 2000 miles on it. It started squealing about the last 100 miles. It sounded like a bearing, took me awhile to find this.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Rear Brake Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Brake Problem   Rear Brake Problem EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 9:44 pm

I'm wondering if maybe the bolts loosened off? I had that happen with my RF and it turned out the little rubber bushing inside had separated from the sleeve the bolt goes thru and just that little bit of play was enuf to knock it loose. dunno

SpiritWolf15

Rear Brake Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Brake Problem   Rear Brake Problem EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 9:49 pm

Most likely, this is under the parts and technical aspects of your warranty, I'd haul it over to the local yammy shop and bark at them.
Back to top Go down
DirtFarmer

DirtFarmer

Rear Brake Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Brake Problem   Rear Brake Problem EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 9:54 pm

SheWolf wrote:
I'm wondering if maybe the bolts loosened off?

The way the caliper bolts to the bracket is why I pm'ed you for the information.

There is only one bolt and the slider.
Back to top Go down
DirtFarmer

DirtFarmer

Rear Brake Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Brake Problem   Rear Brake Problem EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 10:00 pm

Tibarus wrote:
Most likely, this is under the parts and technical aspects of your warranty, I'd haul it over to the local yammy shop and bark at them.

Yea most likely, but I want to see if anyone else has this problem.

Smaller (less depth) pad on the fixed side of the caliper would fix this, but I don't want to start lapping a good brake pad.
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

Rear Brake Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Brake Problem   Rear Brake Problem EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 3:32 pm

Actually the thickness of the brake pad will have nothing to do with this as the caliper float's independant of the bracket anyway
My guess is that the wheel spacer is wonky or perhap's the PDI guy did up the pinch bolt's on the fork before he torqued the axle, try loosening the pinch bolt's and pushing the fork toward the wheel til the disc is in the exact middle of the bracket

I would look for human error first and factory tolerance second
Back to top Go down
DirtFarmer

DirtFarmer

Rear Brake Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Brake Problem   Rear Brake Problem EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 5:42 pm

0007onWR wrote:
as the caliper float's independant of the bracket anyway

That was the answer.

Slider pin on the brake caliper is bent. It happened when I was riding last weekend but I am not sure how. scratch

The pin is only $5 so I am having it mailed to me (dealer 70 miles away).

This is the rear brake.
Back to top Go down
wjfawb0

Rear Brake Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Brake Problem   Rear Brake Problem EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 11:02 pm

I started having similar problems last weekend. I'm going to check the alignment and pins next chance I get.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rear Brake Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Brake Problem   Rear Brake Problem Empty

Back to top Go down

Rear Brake Problem
Page 1 of 1