Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

bike suspension - out for rebuild/upgrade

Go down 
+9
joenuclear
Mr, Go Race
YZEtc
taoshum
bhmax
spadgitt
WRXer
little squirt
cuban11182
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

bike suspension - out for rebuild/upgrade Empty
PostSubject: bike suspension - out for rebuild/upgrade   bike suspension - out for rebuild/upgrade EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 5:46 pm

Gonna clean the verbosity out of this thread. Travis at Go Race did a good full suspension build - the usual.

Last edited by LightFoot on Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
cuban11182

PostSubject: Re: bike suspension - out for rebuild/upgrade   bike suspension - out for rebuild/upgrade EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 5:50 pm

Hope everything turns out for the best. Sure is a shame looking at an X in that shape, but its for the best. Once I get stationed out of Florida, I'll find a local shop to setup mine.
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: bike suspension - out for rebuild/upgrade   bike suspension - out for rebuild/upgrade EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 8:45 pm

nice, cant wait for the outcome. I'm tossing around the idea of sending mine out too!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: bike suspension - out for rebuild/upgrade   bike suspension - out for rebuild/upgrade EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 9:24 pm

Thx

Last edited by LightFoot on Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Parts are back! This bug sucks, though.   bike suspension - out for rebuild/upgrade EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 10:43 pm

already covered in 1st post

Last edited by LightFoot on Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:32 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: bike suspension - out for rebuild/upgrade   bike suspension - out for rebuild/upgrade EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 11:29 pm

awesome! cant wait to hear the outcome on how well the bike rides when all together
Back to top Go down
WRXer

PostSubject: Re: bike suspension - out for rebuild/upgrade   bike suspension - out for rebuild/upgrade EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 12:30 am

What does just the shock revalve cost? Are you changing springs? What do springs run?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: bike suspension - out for rebuild/upgrade   bike suspension - out for rebuild/upgrade EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 12:39 am

unknown

Last edited by LightFoot on Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: bike suspension - out for rebuild/upgrade   bike suspension - out for rebuild/upgrade EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 12:43 am

superfluous text rem

Last edited by LightFoot on Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: bike suspension - out for rebuild/upgrade   bike suspension - out for rebuild/upgrade EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 12:55 am

snowing today; awhile before I can ride

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: bike suspension - out for rebuild/upgrade   bike suspension - out for rebuild/upgrade EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 1:23 pm

only about 2" of snow..

Back to top Go down
spadgitt

PostSubject: Re: bike suspension - out for rebuild/upgrade   bike suspension - out for rebuild/upgrade EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 1:39 pm

I'm getting the same thing done for my WRR by Travis at Go-Race. He's been great to work with and is turning my parts around really fast thumb
I think it is supposed to ship out today. I hope so, I've got a dual-sport ride up in the N. Georgia mountains planned for next weekend.
Looking forward to the new suspenders........ Very happy

Scott P.
Back to top Go down
bhmax

PostSubject: Re: bike suspension - out for rebuild/upgrade   bike suspension - out for rebuild/upgrade EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 7:19 pm

Looking forward to more Go Race reviews! Seriously thinking about it myself for over the winter.
Back to top Go down
taoshum

taoshum

PostSubject: Re: bike suspension - out for rebuild/upgrade   bike suspension - out for rebuild/upgrade EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 11:41 pm

Travis shipped a modified shock and fork kit a few days ago. I have the same "winter weather" problem once the parts arrive but I'm committed and very interested in the other WRRs that get his suspension mods, settings and etc.

Please keep this thread alive as we install these parts and learn about them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Hour ride tonight   bike suspension - out for rebuild/upgrade EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 9:21 pm

I just finished a roughly 1 hour ride. Works great!

Last edited by LightFoot on Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: bike suspension - out for rebuild/upgrade   bike suspension - out for rebuild/upgrade EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 11:46 pm

Must feel awesome.
Enjoy. :)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: bike suspension - out for rebuild/upgrade   bike suspension - out for rebuild/upgrade EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 8:04 pm

sure does.

Last edited by LightFoot on Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
taoshum

taoshum

PostSubject: Re: bike suspension - out for rebuild/upgrade   bike suspension - out for rebuild/upgrade EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 12:39 am

BigFeet wrote:
YZEtc wrote:
Must feel awesome.
Enjoy. :)

YZEtc, thanks for that! thumb It sure does.

Mini RR over here from today. Much warmer out thank goodness. I'd have never believed I could do 3.5 hours of riding with no added pain (I have some blown disks and other carnage from when I was young and indestructable Very happy), but "no added pain from riding" is probably the best way I can sum up this suspension's importance to me.

Mini RR starts at post number 18560.

-feet

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14521662#post14521662

That's the major reason I'm getting the suspension work... save my back!!! I'm so relieved to hear you say that it helps, in a major way. La Veta... been there many times. If you ever wanna ride the Carson NF around here in Taos, drop a message.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: bike suspension - out for rebuild/upgrade   bike suspension - out for rebuild/upgrade EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 12:56 am

I hope the suspension work does as much for you as it has for me.

Last edited by LightFoot on Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
taoshum

taoshum

PostSubject: Re: bike suspension - out for rebuild/upgrade   bike suspension - out for rebuild/upgrade EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 1:24 am

Let's stay in touch. We are running an experiment this year... half time in PHX (warmer) and half time in Taos (skiing) but we're retired too so we are not on any schedule. In any event, it might be March/April before I can do rides around here, maybe sooner but I don't know right now. We're leaving on the first trip to PHX after Turkey Day in ABQ. Plus I wanna install the parts/shocks from Travis as soon as they get here.

Maybe you know Ramz in Salida, he has one of the WRR bikes and rides the mts in S. Colo often. I've been on some of the trails up there, Sargent and vicinity; Ouray and vicinity; Durango and vicinity... Moab of course.

Riding the Carson NF, except just north of Red River, is far less developed, but extensive and you hardly ever see another vehicle.

There's a cool loop from here to La Cueva and back, 2-3 days.

Thx, Gary

Back to top Go down
spadgitt

PostSubject: Re: bike suspension - out for rebuild/upgrade   bike suspension - out for rebuild/upgrade EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 1:22 pm

Well I got to try out the new suspenders from Go Race this past weekend. Since this is a family forum, I can't use the word I used to describe the difference in my email to Travis but let's just say AMAZING! thumb

I've just done a lot of the "regular" mods to my bike. Fuel programmer, gearing, bars, protection stuff, AIS removal, Exup removal, etc. Had I known what a difference this suspension mod would have made, it would have been my FIRST mod instead of waiting until now.

The difference was noticible immediately. The first trail we took was full of leaf covered rocks. With the stock forks, hitting an un-seen rock resulted in almost having the bars ripped out of my hands. Now it just soaks it up and tracks on. Same with the rear. I've been thrown over the bars once already trying to cross a tree and getting kicked up out of the seat. So I am a pretty sensitive to this happening again. I did not try any real big tree crossings but I could tell going over the smaller ones that the additional rebound is working MUCH better. The whole bike just felt more planted. My confidence was way up as was my speed in the trails.

I know I sound like a commercial for Go Race but it really did make that big of a difference.
On top of great work, Travis was great to work with and turned my parts around in record time so I could make my ride this past weekend. I'm sure there are other companies out there that can do this work but Travis seems to be "that guy" that has experience with the WRR and knows what to do to make it work.

Scott P.
Back to top Go down
Mr, Go Race

Mr, Go Race

PostSubject: Re: bike suspension - out for rebuild/upgrade   bike suspension - out for rebuild/upgrade EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 2:24 pm

Hello everyone; I love to hear this reaction from my Suspension customers; It makes me get up in the morning running!

I am now offering a fork upgrade kit to the public. The OEM Soki suspension upgrade kit;
The Fork kit includes custom built per order fork base valve assembly's. OEM NOK fork seals and oil;Spring rates options in stock and available for the lightest to the heaviest riders.Springs are $109.00
Kit comes with clear instruction, I also am here for technical support to help with any questions you may have.
My Cell phone number included in kit.. That way you are guaranteed to get a hold of me anytime.. Well daytime...

All for $199.99
plus shipping and tax.

The kit will drastically improve your front fork action.
Just ask those who have Go Race Suspension....

Shock rebuild kits are in house only.. There are some tricks I just can't explain with instruction nor do I want too...
Custom shock upgrade includes custom to your spec base valve with our special custom WR valving stack.
a New tighter tolerance seal head assembly ; A KYB component. O rings oil nitrogen....
Spring rates options in stock and available for the lightest to the heaviest riders.
Shock service with mods;
$350.00 plus tax/shipping

USA and international orders excepted using USPS as shipper...world wide.
Visa M/C PayPal excepted.

Travis Jones
Go Race Inc.
www.go-race.com
540-392-0696 business line: Peace YAM
Back to top Go down
joenuclear

joenuclear

PostSubject: Re: bike suspension - out for rebuild/upgrade   bike suspension - out for rebuild/upgrade EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 4:02 pm

Mr, Go Race wrote:
Hello everyone; I love to hear this reaction from my Suspension customers; It makes me get up in the morning running!

I am now offering a fork upgrade kit to the public. The OEM Soki suspension upgrade kit;
The Fork kit includes custom built per order fork base valve assembly's. OEM NOK fork seals and oil;Spring rates options in stock and available for the lightest to the heaviest riders.Springs are $109.00
Kit comes with clear instruction, I also am here for technical support to help with any questions you may have.
My Cell phone number included in kit.. That way you are guaranteed to get a hold of me anytime.. Well daytime...

All for $199.99
plus shipping and tax.

The kit will drastically improve your front fork action.
Just ask those who have Go Race Suspension....

Shock rebuild kits are in house only.. There are some tricks I just can't explain with instruction nor do I want too...
Custom shock upgrade includes custom to your spec base valve with our special custom WR valving stack.
a New tighter tolerance seal head assembly ; A KYB component. O rings oil nitrogen....
Spring rates options in stock and available for the lightest to the heaviest riders.
Shock service with mods;
$350.00 plus tax/shipping

Great!!!

USA and international orders excepted using USPS as shipper...world wide.
Visa M/C PayPal excepted.

Travis Jones
Go Race Inc.
www.go-race.com
540-392-0696 business line: Peace YAM
Back to top Go down
dtx

dtx

PostSubject: Re: bike suspension - out for rebuild/upgrade   bike suspension - out for rebuild/upgrade EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 5:18 pm

350$ just for the rear shock ?? or is that total package ?
Back to top Go down
Mr, Go Race

Mr, Go Race

PostSubject: Re: bike suspension - out for rebuild/upgrade   bike suspension - out for rebuild/upgrade EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 10:29 pm

Yes that is shock price only.
thumb
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: bike suspension - out for rebuild/upgrade   bike suspension - out for rebuild/upgrade Empty

Back to top Go down

bike suspension - out for rebuild/upgrade
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next