Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Canada

Go down 
+13
Evol
Cody1771
claxx
dnf
WRXR
deerHater
Medski
Jäger
SpiritWolf15
Chrispy1200
ZED
SheWolf
YamWOW!
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ZED

ZED

Canada - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canada   Canada - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 12:37 am

OK, so we may be getting a bit out of just Canada, but we could possibly turn this into a bit of a "snow ball tour". We pick an approximate route in a loop, and folks in the general areas post up with their suggestions and join up as the group passes and drop off wherever they want. That way everyone can do as much or as little of the loop as they want.

There's a couple other boards with folks that may partake too. DSBC and STN come immediately to mind as places where DS folks that like to tour hang out.

Just brain storming.
Back to top Go down
SpiritWolf15

SpiritWolf15

Canada - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canada   Canada - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 3:14 am

I bet I could probably find someone to drive the support van if this trip was in the works, that's not really the hard part.

the whole workings of this thing is up in the air.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Canada - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canada   Canada - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 9:02 am

wink We already belong to DSBC. thumb KTM Ken and myself are working on an Okanagan DS run. He's needin someone who knows the back areas around here to graph out a doable route that the bigger bore bikes can handle as well. deal I know the area like the back of my hand so I offered to help there.

Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Canada - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: 3RD Anuual Loose Screw Dualsport Event in Kamloops, BC   Canada - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 11:25 pm

THIS is what we've all been waiting for...so far it looks to be a pretty good lineup! Every year it gets bigger and we get more people from all over come ride and have fun. Maybe some of you guys might contemplate getting in on it... KEITH *nudge nudge* wink

3RD Anuual Loose Screw Dualsport

thumb

Chrispy1200

Canada - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canada   Canada - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 8:25 am

SheWolf wrote:
THIS is what we've all been waiting for...so far it looks to be a pretty good lineup! Every year it gets bigger and we get more people from all over come ride and have fun. Maybe some of you guys might contemplate getting in on it... KEITH *nudge nudge* wink

3RD Anuual Loose Screw Dualsport

thumb

Damn, that looks like fun. Let's see.......Montreal to Kamloops is 4826 kms. At close to 200kms a tank, that would be around 24 tanks of gas and 48 hours of non-stop riding at 100kms / hour.

I better get going............... Very happy
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

Canada - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canada   Canada - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 1:07 am

Damn, damn, damn! GAHHHH
The loose screw dates are the same as the NorthWest MogFest. We'll be in Sheridan Oregon that weekend. It's the tenth annual and our 7th so we don't want to let folks down and miss it.

We haven't made plans for the route yet, or the vehicle(s). We probably won't take the Unimog this year as the camper is off for doing landscaping and fuel to Oregon is pricy these days. We could do a loop on Dual sports. It kind of depend what may materialize for other meet ups and options, but it will likely be a motorcycle loop of some kind through Idaho, Oregon, Warshington, and of course, the best that B.C. has to offer. thumb
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

Canada - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Forecast Calls for Rain   Canada - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 1:25 am

The forecast calls for rain, and you can blame it on me. I finally had to wash the little bugger.
Canada - Page 2 KES_5290
My wife's Monster got it's first bath after it's Purple paint job and the WRX was looking really muddy from the rain on my little commuting 'short cut'. (getting better and better at riding in tall grassy hills with the street tires. thumb )
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Canada - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canada   Canada - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 9:25 am

Your x is lookin kinda purple. wink

SpiritWolf15

Canada - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canada   Canada - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 7:36 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Your x is lookin kinda purple. wink

I was gonna say, if that's the actual color of the bike, WOW nice paint job.

If not, is something wrong with one of the filters on our cam?
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

Canada - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canada   Canada - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 7:47 pm

Those darn Ducatis, they're like siblings, always trying to get in the front of the shot.

The WRX is still stock '08 blue and white. The Monster is the purple as you see it (or at least as I see it on my screen). I'm pretty happy with the paint job.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Canada - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canada   Canada - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 8:42 pm

Yeah it's a purdy bike. Your X does looks purple on my end tho...still lookin flashy as it should. thumb

ZED

Canada - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canada   Canada - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 9:44 pm

Yes, I see the bit of Purple tinge you're talking about. I think it's just a reflection of purple off the shiny new paint. I can thing of all kinds of neat paint jobs for a WR, but probably won't bother.
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

Canada - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canada   Canada - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 10:19 pm

Well... I alternate between the Southeast Kootenays and NW Montana/SE Idaho. I have the stupidest schedule known to mankind, although hopefully the CF and I have agreed on something resembling a schedule for the next 18 months. Which hopefully - in turn - means I have some time to start racking up the milage on the bike. Embarrassing - I live in the middle of country most people would dream about just visiting to go riding, and the odometer reading on my bike is so low it's ridiculous.

Anyways, I instigated an informal meeting of the the Kimberley/Cranbrook/Moyie chapter of DSBC last Friday night. Basically an opportunity to put faces to screen names, discuss types of riding we would like to do, etc and so forth. So hopefully we'll start to share the knowledge and contacts in our area. Three of the boys headed out the next day to do Gray Creek, but unfortunately, my WR had to stay home and pout.

I'm up for anything relaxing that time allows. You could do one hell of a loop by going in at Morrisey, out at Coal Creek, up to Elkford, over to White Swan, down the Swan to the Bull, and then out of the Bull at Ft Steele. Or, out the Swan, over to Findlay Creek, down to Torrent, and then eventually come out at Kimberley. Or, from the Swan to Settler's Road and eventually out in Kootenay National Park.

However... once the flyfishing in the Elk, St Maries, Wigwam, and Skookumchuck heats up... all my rides are going to a fairly direct route to the flyfishing...
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

Canada - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canada   Canada - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 1:51 am

OK, the schedule is set, the house sitter is booked, and the bikes and truck will soon be ready. wings

We're heading to the Kootenay's for a week of dual sporting. We're doing it a bit differently from usual though. Normally we head out on two fully loaded KLRs and wonder why the dirt seems so tough.
Canada - Page 2 KES_0534

This time will be a first for us. We'll be putting bikes in the truck and using it to set up various base camps and then heading out for day trips on the little bikes.
Canada - Page 2 IMG_0207

We're talking about half the weight as compared with a fully loaded KLR. And the Unimog doesn't care how much stuff we pile on so we'll be able to bring choices of gear and boots. Heck we'll even be bringing a cooler. No dehydrated food this trip. thumb

We plan on crossing Gray Creek pass in the Unimog July 24. Our first stop is an STN get together in Castlegar the weekend of July 25.
http://www.sport-touring.net/forums/index.php/topic,35654.0.html freaky
After that we're going to wing it and just kind of hang out and play on the bikes. We won't be doing anything too technical or muddy wink as I'm running a WRX with street tires, but dirt, gravel, and rock are all fair game.

So, if anyone wants to possibly meet up between July 25 and August 3, let me know.
Back to top Go down
SpiritWolf15

SpiritWolf15

Canada - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canada   Canada - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 1:54 am

ZED wrote:
Canada - Page 2 IMG_0207

Dude... I want your truck droooool
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

Canada - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canada   Canada - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 12:34 am

It's a 1963 Mercedes Benz Unimog 404. There were over 60,000 of them produced between the 1950s and the late 1970s when they were replaced by the larger U1300 model. It has 6 forward gears and two reverse. It has real four wheel drive. It just kind of goes where you point it. It can get stuck, but humans don't really have much business in such places.

Having a Unimog is cool! thumb

It'll be interesting looking with two little bikes in the back and the original Swiss military canvas on top.

Oh, and you don't want to know what shoes for this thing cost. eeek
Back to top Go down
SpiritWolf15

SpiritWolf15

Canada - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canada   Canada - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 1:05 am

ZED wrote:
It's a 1963 Mercedes Benz Unimog 404. There were over 60,000 of them produced between the 1950s and the late 1970s when they were replaced by the larger U1300 model. It has 6 forward gears and two reverse. It has real four wheel drive. It just kind of goes where you point it. It can get stuck, but humans don't really have much business in such places.

Having a Unimog is cool! thumb

It'll be interesting looking with two little bikes in the back and the original Swiss military canvas on top.

Oh, and you don't want to know what shoes for this thing cost. eeek

You said it only has a 95kph top speed, but I bet it does that over some pretty rough terrain XD
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Canada - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canada   Canada - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 8:32 am

Keith point the bike over the Needles ferry and come say hi!! lurk

ZED

Canada - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canada   Canada - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 9:54 am

Tibarus wrote:

You said it only has a 95kph top speed, but I bet it does that over some pretty rough terrain XD

Four wheel drive and diff locks can be engaged on the fly at any speed and it's designed for carrying a full load over the really gnarly stuff. It actually performs better off road with a load than empty.
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

Canada - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canada   Canada - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 9:56 am

SheWolf wrote:
Keith point the bike over the Needles ferry and come say hi!! lurk
I could definitely see heading that way. Depending upon your schedule maybe we can find some trails that week.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Canada - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canada   Canada - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 11:42 pm

Oh I'm definitely up for that!! thumb

SpiritWolf15

Canada - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canada   Canada - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 10:17 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Oh I'm definitely up for that!! thumb

What week would this be?
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

Canada - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canada   Canada - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 12:04 pm

That would likely be sometime in the week of July 27.
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

Canada - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canada   Canada - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 2:51 pm

ZED wrote:
OK, the schedule is set, the house sitter is booked, and the bikes and truck will soon be ready.

So, if anyone wants to possibly meet up between July 25 and August 3, let me know.

Ahhh... it's the 26th... probably missed you.

Back in the east kootenays on the evening of the 27th, kind of busy with the CF through the 30th, then hopefully a few days just to ride and flyfish through until about August 3d or 4th or something like that.

PM me or whatever if you haven't severed the Internet connection already.
Back to top Go down
SpiritWolf15

SpiritWolf15

Canada - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canada   Canada - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 3:00 pm

I was thinking, how does a meetup some time this month sound? Mud should be becoming more plentyful. my ultimate plan is to have a sudo-organized meetup once a month in varying locations. At free campsites and open trails. Also, have a few well thought out and planned BIG events.

Not to sound confrontational... But I want to plan events that are direct competition for DualSportBC.com, I want more events open to everyone where the "entrance fee" isn't 50$ but what your gas bill and your food bill would be for that weekend.

And for those events, the courses organized wouldn't be solely aimed at Single track or boring back country roads for people who don't want to get their bike dirty. THey'd focus on everything! Single track for those who want it, expansive mud runs for those who aren't afraid of dirt and yes, there would still be the back country and gravel roads. with gas stops organized into ALL the courses, no more than 150km apart. Dinner would be a bring your own thing potluck bbq thing, with stories and booze around the camp fire (if permitted).

Sorry to rant but yeah... I wasn't too impressed with the DSBS-BC rides I did go on, they were all angled at getting you involved in single track... even if you weren't interested, not that I have anything against Single track... just not my cup of tea. The being passed by 8 different riders after a fall on the NEWBIE ride didn't appeal to me either... The managers of that forum have questionable ethical standards.

gah rant rant rant...

Simply put, I want to try to organize fun, free or cheap to attend rides that are open to everyone and have something for everyone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Canada - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canada   Canada - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Canada
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next