Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Stock Tail Light

Go down 
AuthorMessage
velvetcows

velvetcows

Stock Tail Light Empty
PostSubject: Stock Tail Light   Stock Tail Light EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 2:47 pm

Started to flicker then poof. Out. Wiggle the wires it flickers on momentarily. The ground was the culprit, the wire simply broke.

After getting the tail light loose from the anchor, I needed to separate the clear lens from the black backing. Not knowing the best way to separate these pieces and after being unable to pry them apart it was time to get destructive. I hacksawed the black piece so I could bust off just the end. The circuit board is screwed to the black piece so I ended up breaking the circuit board.
Stock Tail Light DSCN0627

Well the ground wasn't connected to the circuit board where I thought so I had to rip the rest of the black piece off, and as you can see below the busted board put an open in the circuit from one group of leds to another. Soldered the ground back on. Soldered a wire in to correct my mistake.
Stock Tail Light DSCN0631

Used some loctite glue to put it all back together. Once that dries I'm gonna tape it up with some electrical tape to help seal it up.
Back to top Go down

Stock Tail Light
Page 1 of 1