Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New stuff coming

Go down 
+2
mordicai
dc4stroke
6 posters
AuthorMessage
dc4stroke

dc4stroke

New stuff coming Empty
PostSubject: New stuff coming   New stuff coming EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 5:45 pm

Yeehaw........Just ordered my Flatland bashplate and Bulletproof billet radiator guard. Looking forward to getting them in and mounted. Pics to follow.
Back to top Go down
dc4stroke

dc4stroke

New stuff coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: New stuff coming   New stuff coming EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 8:14 pm

The radiator guard arrived and the quality of this thing is awesome. Still waiting on the bash plate before I install.
New stuff coming Bp_gua10
New stuff coming Bp_log10
New stuff coming Bp_gua11

Now if I'd just get the bash plate. Bullet Proof was great to deal with. Knowledgeable, fast service. I would recomend them to anybody.
Back to top Go down
mordicai

New stuff coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: New stuff coming   New stuff coming EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 11:13 pm

I've been looking for a Rad. Guard and looked at this one, but I couldn't see what would stop this guard from just folding back from a frontal hit, since it has no support in the back and seems to be held on by just two bolts on the inside. I would be interested in your thoughts now that you have it in your hot hand! I know it seems to be made well but is it engineered well?
Back to top Go down
dc4stroke

dc4stroke

New stuff coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: New stuff coming   New stuff coming EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 11:33 pm

I like this part. It's held by 4 mounting points. And since it isn't made of sheet metal. It's mass is it's protection. It can not be mashed by impact. This is the perfect application for billet. So many times billet is used simply as a techniqe to manufactor stylized parts such as grips and such for custom bikes. A sizable rock thrown into this guard will not deflect the shield at all. Much less bend it, causing damage to the radiator. If it recieves a hit hard enough to damage the radiators mounts. It would have also bent the sheet metal of other guards. And if the hit is enough to damage your mounts, you would have otherwise damaged the cooling surface with sheet metal.
Back to top Go down
mordicai

New stuff coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: New stuff coming   New stuff coming EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 11:42 pm

Well it certainly seems nice a nice bit of kit and well made, but I guess I'm still uneasy by the why in't attached the bike, althugh I know lots of people have them and are very happy with them. I'm going to go with the one from Force Engineering just because its got a strut in the back which runs to the frame and I feel this my be stronger engineering even though it is a lighter guage steel design. Horses for Courses!
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

New stuff coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: New stuff coming   New stuff coming EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 3:12 am

If something went through THAT guard you'd definitely have a bigger problem.

Backside support is fine, but remember that a structure held rigid (in this case the radiator itself) may be more prone to puncture versus simple bending/flexing.

Absorption of energy can, and in many cases can be more beneficial than rigidity.

I'd rather have a bent radiator than a hole through it.

Murphy says that either way you care to protect anything, the opposite (or something else) will occur.

THAT is a NICE looking piece of equipment !
Back to top Go down
PYG RYDR

PYG RYDR

New stuff coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: New stuff coming   New stuff coming EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 9:05 am

I love the Bullet Proof looks and its stoutness! (I already have the Force installed and am happy with it)

You know if it is easy to detach, you could remove it while on an overnight ride and use it to cook dinner on. wink wings lol!
Back to top Go down
dc4stroke

dc4stroke

New stuff coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: New stuff coming   New stuff coming EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 9:39 am

[/quote] You know if it is easy to detach, you could remove it while on an overnight ride and use it to cook dinner on. wink wings lol! [/quote]

poser2 freaky bannana
Back to top Go down
mordicai

New stuff coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: New stuff coming   New stuff coming EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 5:58 pm

gediehl4 wrote:
I love the Bullet Proof looks and its stoutness! (I already have the Force installed and am happy with it)

You know if it is easy to detach, you could remove it while on an overnight ride and use it to cook dinner on. wink wings lol!

Well Yah, I had weighed that advantage over the Force, and the added advantage of using it as an anchor, but I just think is sooo cool to have stuff from Australia. Kind of gives my bike an international flavor!
Back to top Go down
dc4stroke

dc4stroke

New stuff coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: New stuff coming   New stuff coming EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 7:58 pm

Ok....Got the parts mounted along with the CR High Bend Protaper bars.
I deffinately will have to line the inside if that bash plate as every bit of engine noise resounds off of it. Rubberized undercoat should do the trick.

New stuff coming Dscn1110

New stuff coming Dscn1111

I may have to cut those bars down as they seem a bit wide. But I'll ride it awhile as they are.
Now what's next? I have overtime this check, wings
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

New stuff coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: New stuff coming   New stuff coming EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 12:11 am

looks great! so, overtime check huh .. do you still have stock gearing? or what have you done to open up the bike? how about a new pipe?

Back to top Go down
dc4stroke

dc4stroke

New stuff coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: New stuff coming   New stuff coming EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 6:36 am

Thanks, 12t front sprocket was about the first mod to the thing. Will probably go back to 13 front and 48 rear. No pipe yet. Looking at a Corbin saddle most likely next. or ProMoto rear rack. I'm really OK with the performance so far. I'll do a pipe at some point fer sur. What I'd like to find is a wrecked aftermarket pipe I can source the midpipe from. And bolt it up to a Supertrapp can. I like the adjustable aspect of the Supertrapps. I've had several bikes with them and loved them. I can't beleive they don't already make one as many of these bikes have been sold.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

New stuff coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: New stuff coming   New stuff coming EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 7:46 am

Honestly, Supertrapp hasn't been a factor with off-road and dual-purpose bikes in some years, now.
It seems they're in bed with Kerker, and would rather do Harleys and cars.
Like when Vance and Hines basically got out of sport bike exhausts and started doing cruiser bikes as their main gig.
Talk about a 180-degree turn. ;)

In fact, if you go to their website and download their catalogue, it's obvious they aren't putting any effort into the off-road bikes anymore, as the few that fit later dirt bikes are the few bikes that first came out in the late 1990s and didn't change for years (like a Honda XR-650L).

These days, the popular ones look a lot like the FMF Q4 design, without the discs.
Back to top Go down
dc4stroke

dc4stroke

New stuff coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: New stuff coming   New stuff coming EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 7:15 pm

Oh I understand. And I don't understand Supertrapps thinking. Which is of course why I need a midpipe to graft one of their universal cans to. And for a lack of better reason is that it simply will be different. If I don't find a damaged exhaust to get the midpipe, it will be a mute point anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New stuff coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: New stuff coming   New stuff coming Empty

Back to top Go down

New stuff coming
Page 1 of 1