Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

happy girl - dirty girl

Go down 
+7
little squirt
Dancamp
BluePill
Jäger
X-Racer
inspector
Kalani Prince
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Kalani Prince

Kalani Prince

happy girl - dirty girl Empty
PostSubject: happy girl - dirty girl   happy girl - dirty girl EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 3:42 pm

Fun in the muddy pineapple fields of Maui. More fun with the new 173cc power washer : )
happy girl - dirty girl Wr250rweb
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: happy girl - dirty girl   happy girl - dirty girl EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 7:51 pm

Very nice. Looks like the mud cleans off easy.

*can someone PM me a quick step-by-step on how to get the bike on a bucket. My way involves a jack, balancing act, ect....(not pretty)

Last edited by inspector on Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : jack....not jacket)
Back to top Go down
Kalani Prince

Kalani Prince

PostSubject: Re: happy girl - dirty girl   happy girl - dirty girl EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 12:13 am

inspector wrote:
Very nice. Looks like the mud cleans off easy.

*can someone PM me a quick step-by-step on how to get the bike on a bucket. My way involves a jacket, balancing act, ect....(not pretty)

I'm 6'5" so it's pretty easy but basically you'd place the bucket right next to the brake then while standing on the shifter side of the bike tilt the bike towards you at a pretty good angle then give it a quick heave ho just enough to catch the shifter side of the frame on the bucket. The bucket might lean towards you a bit, at this point you can tilt the bike up and shimmy it around till it's firmly sitting on the bucket : )
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: happy girl - dirty girl   happy girl - dirty girl EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 12:51 am

Inspector: Don't try it. At your (our) age, one lift and twist heave ho is a no no !

All I did (this last W/E) was lift the mountain bikes and XMAS tree out of the back (over the side) of the truck and I've got a hitch in my get-along.

Kalani: Okay... Let's see this makapu da kine, sugar kane/pineapple riding area.

HANA HO ! !
Back to top Go down
Kalani Prince

Kalani Prince

PostSubject: Re: happy girl - dirty girl   happy girl - dirty girl EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 4:41 pm

X-Racer wrote:
Inspector: Don't try it. At your (our) age, one lift and twist heave ho is a no no !

All I did (this last W/E) was lift the mountain bikes and XMAS tree out of the back (over the side) of the truck and I've got a hitch in my get-along.

Kalani: Okay... Let's see this makapu da kine, sugar kane/pineapple riding area.

HANA HO ! !

completely agree, buy a lift. I am going to as well. it's still a pretty heavy bike to be lifting even if only a couple of inches..

I'm going to start doing some WR-Vlogs in Jan when I can get my hands on a VIO POV camera.. maybe I'll look for a quicker solution as I'm sure riders in colder parts of the world would like to see some Maui lovin' in the winter season..
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: happy girl - dirty girl   happy girl - dirty girl EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 2:06 am

Since the WR is lowered, it doesn't roll onto ( the FMF bike lift doesn't fit under) the bike.

What I do is stand facing backwards on the brake side of the bike, hold the front brake lever, grab the center (straight forward, or 90 degrees up on the wheel) spokes and lift the bike while the girl postures the stand under the bike.

The other option is to ramp the bike up (2x6 and a construction block) and slide the stand under it.

I can actually move the bike over the stand, but again, the lifting and twisting thing isn't good for my decades old body.

My twenty year old mind says "Go Go GO ! !", my 55 year old body says "No NO NO !".
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: happy girl - dirty girl   happy girl - dirty girl EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 1:41 pm

inspector wrote:
*can someone PM me a quick step-by-step on how to get the bike on a bucket. My way involves a jack, balancing act, ect....(not pretty)
I have a problem of a mid 50's body and a mid 20's brain stem... It ain't that I can't lift it onto a bucket or milk crate anymore - I can - it's that I keep pulling and straining various muscles and ligaments in my arm and shoulder every time I do it. When you think about it, it is an awkward lift to begin with as the first bit is unloading the suspension, and it ain't a motocrosser weight in the first place which is where most of us bucket/milk crate guys are coming from.

So the last couple of times I threw a lift strap around the swingarm and adjusted it short so it was just a matter of lifting strictly with my legs and a straight arm with the strap attached. That worked pretty good but other than proving the utility of carrying a lift strap, was still kind of dumb.

I mean... what does a bike lift cost? Shop around... $70? Something like that if you shop?

So... I told myself to quit being a cheap moron and I bought a little bike lift. Should have done it the first time. Greer bought the one I should have, but I didn't know it existed when I bought mine.

Maybe you need to quite being a cheap moron like me as well!

No more buckets and milk crates for me (except to hold parts).
Back to top Go down
BluePill

BluePill

PostSubject: Re: happy girl - dirty girl   happy girl - dirty girl EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 12:01 am

[quote="Kalani Prince]I'm going to start doing some WR-Vlogs in Jan when I can get my hands on a VIO POV camera.. maybe I'll look for a quicker solution as I'm sure riders in colder parts of the world would like to see some Maui lovin' in the winter season..[/quote]

Oh, sure - Rub it in.

Would you like to attend my Christmas BBQ?

happy girl - dirty girl SnowyGrille

At least you can't do this:

happy girl - dirty girl Wheelie
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: happy girl - dirty girl   happy girl - dirty girl EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 2:48 am

BluePill: We can do that. No mittens (or stud mounted tires) required.

...of course I say that tongue-in-cheek at the moment.

CA is expected to have five (5) days and over ten (10) inches of rain in areas over the next five (plus) days.

It never rains in CA... Yea right ! Let me tell ya. IT POURS !

Very cool shot BTW.... Let's see ya doing the one-half mile (sliding) trick on it !
Back to top Go down
Dancamp

PostSubject: Re: happy girl - dirty girl   happy girl - dirty girl EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 9:11 am

To put it on a crate I just put a brick under the stand, then lean the bike so it's all on the stand. That way the bike is higher and I just have to push the crate under with my foot and straighten up the bike. No strenght needed and no pain.
Back to top Go down
Kalani Prince

Kalani Prince

PostSubject: Re: happy girl - dirty girl   happy girl - dirty girl EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 4:11 pm

BluePill wrote:
[quote="Kalani Prince]I'm going to start doing some WR-Vlogs in Jan when I can get my hands on a VIO POV camera.. maybe I'll look for a quicker solution as I'm sure riders in colder parts of the world would like to see some Maui lovin' in the winter season..

Oh, sure - Rub it in.

Would you like to attend my Christmas BBQ?

happy girl - dirty girl SnowyGrille

At least you can't do this:

happy girl - dirty girl Wheelie[/quote]

Haahahahaha! that's awesome : )
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: happy girl - dirty girl   happy girl - dirty girl EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 4:31 pm

I always wanted to try and hit up the dole plantation here, but worried i'll be arrested in no time if i did! lets see a pic of that pressure washer
Back to top Go down
RT3856

RT3856

PostSubject: Re: happy girl - dirty girl   happy girl - dirty girl EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 12:48 pm

Jäger wrote:
inspector wrote:
I have a problem of a mid 50's body and a mid 20's brain stem... It ain't that I can't lift it onto a bucket or milk crate anymore - I can - it's that I keep pulling and straining various muscles and ligaments in my arm and shoulder every time I do it. When you think about it, it is an awkward lift to begin with as the first bit is unloading the suspension, and it ain't a motocrosser weight in the first place which is where most of us bucket/milk crate guys are coming from.

So the last couple of times I threw a lift strap around the swingarm and adjusted it short so it was just a matter of lifting strictly with my legs and a straight arm with the strap attached. That worked pretty good but other than proving the utility of carrying a lift strap, was still kind of dumb.

I mean... what does a bike lift cost? Shop around... $70? Something like that if you shop?

So... I told myself to quit being a cheap moron and I bought a little bike lift. Should have done it the first time. Greer bought the one I should have, but I didn't know it existed when I bought mine.

Maybe you need to quite being a cheap moron like me as well!

No more buckets and milk crates for me (except to hold parts).

jager,
I am almost 49.
I was in like the worst condition ever "blimpo softo" started in at the gym.
swallowed my pride and started with little tiny weights.
A year later benching 220 no prob. and an hour and ahalf training regimine to stay in shape for riding.
Point is that WR aint nothin you can toss it around like a paper weight.
Just a couple hours a day at the gym and you got it wings
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: happy girl - dirty girl   happy girl - dirty girl EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 11:17 pm

RT3856 wrote:

jager,
I am almost 49.
I was in like the worst condition ever "blimpo softo" started in at the gym.
swallowed my pride and started with little tiny weights.
A year later benching 220 no prob. and an hour and ahalf training regimine to stay in shape for riding.
Point is that WR aint nothin you can toss it around like a paper weight.
Just a couple hours a day at the gym and you got it wings
I appreciate the encouragement.

What you probably don't know is that when I was older than you are now, I was still a paratrooper and jumping out of aircraft in the middle of the night, 800' AGL, with my total load weighing nearly as much as I do.

I am considerably older now. I no longer have a left bicep, having torn it in half exactly in the middle in an injury that was not resolvable other than repetitive surgeries which would have left me with little or limited use of my arm for several years. I won't be benching much of anything anymore, and picking up a bike is awkward.

I still drive most of the young guys in the detachment I command into the ground during the annual battle fitness test, which is essentially a two and a half hour long road run in boots with 50 lb pack, fighting order, rifle, and helmet. And I volunteer ski patrol and routinely wrestle loaded toboggans around in thigh deep snow. My resting pulse is around 60 most of the time.

All of which is to say I'm not exactly cut like a marshmallow, if you're trackin' me.

There's a few other things, like the sins and injuries of my youth coming back to haunt me now. But the point is, you will find that you get hurt a lot easier once you get into your mid 50's and beyond, and once you do get hurt, you tend to stay hurt. Throw in the fact that from this point forward you are going to lose a percentage of muscle mass every year, even if you become a gym rat. There's also the reality that as we get older, some guys get arthritis and assorted other age related physical issues.

You are right on the money about getting into a gym as you get older, taking up yoga to maintain flexibility and balance as much as possible, and ensuring you also do a lot of cardio training. It makes a big difference. But you can't turn back time, you can only slow it down a bit.

The bottom line is, just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should. A bike of this height means that before you even take the load off the suspension, a guy like me is picking up the rear end on a bike higher than your belt buckle. That is a bit awkward, and I would rather use my head (and a cheap bike lift) than take Vitamin I.
Back to top Go down
RT3856

RT3856

PostSubject: Re: happy girl - dirty girl   happy girl - dirty girl EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 7:57 am

Jager,
I am impressed.
It is good to hear that you are as active as you are.
I am very familiar with injuries and the toll they take.
It is good to hear that regardless of what you have been through you still are living.
My blimping out was my own fault resulting from some work injuries. I let the pain stop me from doing what I like.
It took a while to look in the mirror and say Yuck! Wore out a pair of boots kicking myself in the but to get moving.
While in rehab from some surgeries I heard a lot of folks with a lot of excuses."didn't want to be one of those.
And you are 100% right time and miles take a toll on us.
Sounds like you are a good example for the younger guys to follow.
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: happy girl - dirty girl   happy girl - dirty girl EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 10:42 am

RT3856 wrote:
Jager,
I am impressed.
It is good to hear that you are as active as you are.
Nothing to be impressed about; my job makes it relatively easy:

Stay fit or we'll make most of your days a living hell.

You can get as fat and out of shape as you want - as long as you can lead from the front. And there's nothing the troopies love more than driving the platoon commander into the dirt and making him cry like a baby. I know this, because I was one of them once, and I am not so old that I have forgotten how they feed on the weak like a bunch of hungry sharks. And when your job doesn't have you in a chair all day, that helps as well. Once they put me out to pasture in the near future, that may change...

See... easy peasy. Well, the motivation - not the keeping up. But that's why I use a stand now.[/quote]
Back to top Go down
Bgunn

Bgunn

PostSubject: Re: happy girl - dirty girl   happy girl - dirty girl EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 1:03 am

Jäger wrote:
You are right on the money about getting into a gym as you get older, taking up yoga to maintain flexibility and balance as much as possible, and ensuring you also do a lot of cardio training. It makes a big difference. But you can't turn back time, you can only slow it down a bit.

That is a reality I'm having a hard time accepting....Gotta run...off to the gym GAHHHH
Back to top Go down
mash100

mash100

PostSubject: Re: happy girl - dirty girl   happy girl - dirty girl EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 7:01 am

I'm going on 43 & have just started piling on the pounds!! I just went up a waist size & finding my R2 mysteriously losing a little power...... The gym sounds really scary - who would pay to get hurt?? Almost as bad as the dentist, but probably a necessary evil!!
Anyway, what's with pressure washing the R2?? I have avoided this like the plague as I heard it trashes bearings, ruins the O rings in the chain, & there's all kinds of risks involved with soaking the electrical system. So, I'm not going to use our industrial diesel powered jetwash at work, but what would be a good compromise/low pressure alternative???
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: happy girl - dirty girl   happy girl - dirty girl EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 8:06 am

As for washing, I favor good ol'-fashioned bucket of soapy water, garden hose, and a couple of bristle brushes.
Can of water-dispersing lubricant like WD-40 or equivalent (I use Bel-Ray 6-in-1) to squirt the pivoting parts of the chassis and drive chain when done rinsing and drying the bike off.

Take care not to get water down the muffler outlet or onto the air filter.
In fact, after the washing is a good time to service the air filter. :)
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: happy girl - dirty girl   happy girl - dirty girl EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 2:09 pm

mash100 wrote:
Anyway, what's with pressure washing the R2?? I have avoided this like the plague as I heard it trashes bearings, ruins the O rings in the chain, & there's all kinds of risks involved with soaking the electrical system. So, I'm not going to use our industrial diesel powered jetwash at work, but what would be a good compromise/low pressure alternative???
I occasionally use a pressure washer on the bike... but I'm very careful of where it gets pointed. Underneath fenders for example - no place where the stream might pass over a bearing, sealing component, etc. I don't think pressure washers, even just the ones at the car wash are a good idea.

I don't usually even use any kind of detergent. I've got a couple of soft and bristle brushes that, between them, fit just about anywhere, so those and a garden hose does the job. Once everything's all done, I usually go for a short ride on the slab to fling/dry any water that's left off the chain and any other parts, and then when I get back the chain is nice and warm and ready for lubricating.
Back to top Go down
Dancamp

PostSubject: Re: happy girl - dirty girl   happy girl - dirty girl EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 5:15 pm

I use pressure washers and avoid sensible areas like bearings to. And I always keep it at a good distance from the bike only getting close on the rims, fenders and solid parts.

I'm also careful with brushes because I think a brush can push dirt where we don't want it.

I try not to be to relegious about this since sometimes when crossing water holes or playing in mud I'm sure I risk much more than with a careful use of the pressure washer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: happy girl - dirty girl   happy girl - dirty girl Empty

Back to top Go down

happy girl - dirty girl
Page 1 of 1