Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Hello from Denver

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
chouser

Hello from Denver Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Denver   Hello from Denver EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 8:10 am

Just bought an '08 with 985 miles on it for $3900. There were only four of them for sale and they were all asking 4000 to 4200. Now I'm worried, though, because I was reading a different dirtbike forum where they were laughing at the wr250r for weighing 300 pounds and only being a 250cc bike. I've ridden it once since bringing it home, though, and it seems like it will be a lot of fun! Anyway, better get back to reading. I can see by reading the many different posts that I have a lot to learn.
Back to top Go down
SoupSandwich

SoupSandwich

Hello from Denver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Denver   Hello from Denver EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 10:51 am

Welcome!! I have come to learn that this little 250 has got the go-juice to kill ya dead just as fast as any other bike out there........stock it is very fun to ride.......add some farkles/mods and oh man does this little guy come alive. Congrats on a great purchase and remember that REAL MEN (and WOMEN) RIDE 250's!! thumb
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

Hello from Denver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Denver   Hello from Denver EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 11:07 am

soup, im here having some coffee and writing what i thought was a great response, then i saw what you wrote and thought i could not have said it better myself and decided to scrap my response. the only thing i will add is that there are lots of tall and heavy folks riding this bike as well and they are very happy with the performance. so if your on the shorter and lighter side, hold on to your shorts!
Back to top Go down
SoupSandwich

SoupSandwich

Hello from Denver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Denver   Hello from Denver EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 12:16 pm

cryptomundo wrote:
soup, im here having some coffee and writing what i thought was a great response, then i saw what you wrote and thought i could not have said it better myself and decided to scrap my response. the only thing i will add is that there are lots of tall and heavy folks riding this bike as well and they are very happy with the performance. so if your on the shorter and lighter side, hold on to your shorts!

I am honored wings
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

Hello from Denver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Denver   Hello from Denver EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 4:52 pm

Welcome, HI!
Back to top Go down

Hello from Denver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Denver   Hello from Denver EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 8:26 pm

Chouser,

Welcome! Do ya' have a link to the so called "monster thread" on this model? It's a long read but a lot of info in there. Here's a link in case ya' need it.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?s=ab6ba4d2f56a6cc497426654c112d103&t=329337

You'll see numerous people in there who took a test ride on a WRR, bought one... then soon found that they weren't riding the rest of their bikes and got rid of the bigger/faster bikes that were collecting dust.

I would say that the bike has achieved a "cult following" very quickly with many converts from other bikes.

I went from a heavily modified (megabucks) KLR650 to my WR250X (modified for dual sport and some power mods) and I like the WRX way better everywhere. I live at 7150 feet elevation and the modified WRX "had" more power and responsiveness up to 65 mph than my KLR. Now with a windshield on the WRX, I'd say it's even equal to my 650 at 65+ speeds. 'Course a KLR ain't an "orange bike". Goin' back a few more years... I didn't like my orange bike and all the break downs - but opinions will vary.

In reading the forums, I've seen what I consider to be unusually FEW inmates who actually owned the WRR or WRX who didn't like it. You can easily find dozens who say it's no good because it's "just a 250" although most of them have never ridden one. poser2

I'm in S. Colo FWIW.

Larry

p.s: Something the naysayers probably dislike: In the later part of the monster thread, you'll see reports on how Chris Crawford "Crawdaddy" placed middle of the pack on his well modified WRR in a tough (IMHO) rally where all of the other bikes were race bikes that were trailered in. If memory serves, Crawdaddy drove his WRR to and from the event. And while obviously a talented rider, Crawdaddy ain't no spring chicken kid racer.

I think that's an incredible accomplishment and that it is very revealing about the bike's true potential versus all the TALK.

Last edited by BigFeet on Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:20 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down

Hello from Denver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Denver   Hello from Denver EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 8:52 pm

Jeebus, but I need ta' go ridin'. Maybe the bleepin' snow will have melted off the roads by Friday...

wink
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Hello from Denver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Denver   Hello from Denver EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 12:32 am

Welcome to the pack! Hello from Denver 61865

Hello from Denver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Denver   Hello from Denver Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from Denver
Page 1 of 1