Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Hello from the mile-high city, Colorado

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Outbacker

Outbacker

Hello from the mile-high city, Colorado  Empty
PostSubject: Hello from the mile-high city, Colorado    Hello from the mile-high city, Colorado  EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 4:55 pm

Great site for tech tips and finding like minded local fellows! Just picked-up a pair of '08 X's in the dead of Winter, still a little tough to find deals on these little dudes with all the hype. Love the idea of a single platform that can fulfill multiple roles decently by swappping wheels and tweeking suspension clickers--canyon carver to backwoods explorer in 90 minutes! My son and I will be doing the standard stage 2 stuff through the 290 kit and PC 5 by this same time next year. Woods wheels are in the mail now from moto-x-industries, planning on MT21's front, and D606's rear. Looking forwards to chatting with y'all!
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the mile-high city, Colorado    Hello from the mile-high city, Colorado  EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 6:43 pm

Great riding opportunities in CO -- congrats.
I've rented bikes in CO 2X - beautiful. Hiked and golfed in CO too many times to count.
Dream is to retire there.
Back to top Go down
matt675

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the mile-high city, Colorado    Hello from the mile-high city, Colorado  EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 6:52 pm

Yeah these bikes are great! I have an 08X also and got a complete dirt wheel set. Have not had chance to try the dirt wheels yet but looking forward to it this summer. X is awesome in the twisties and around town, pretty decent on the highways too. Bought mine in Oklahoma City and rode it back to Colorado. Probably wouldn't do that again but it was fun once. I do want to do some adventure riding though. If you find any good deals on a 290 kit please let me know. I've been kind of thinking about one.
Back to top Go down
I<3Mountains

PostSubject: denver   Hello from the mile-high city, Colorado  EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 12:37 am

i picked up a wrx in december 2012 with a fuel pump issue, it runs like a champ now,

did you have trouble finding wrx's?

i ride mostly around south denver, denver and in the foot hills near boulder and nederland.
Back to top Go down
Outbacker

Outbacker

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the mile-high city, Colorado    Hello from the mile-high city, Colorado  EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 10:16 pm

matt675 wrote:
Yeah these bikes are great! I have an 08X also and got a complete dirt wheel set. Have not had chance to try the dirt wheels yet but looking forward to it this summer. X is awesome in the twisties and around town, pretty decent on the highways too. Bought mine in Oklahoma City and rode it back to Colorado. Probably wouldn't do that again but it was fun once. I do want to do some adventure riding though. If you find any good deals on a 290 kit please let me know. I've been kind of thinking about one.

You might try an all-cities Craigslist search, one showed up here about a month ago, sold after 7 weeks or so. I think he had it at $500 firm, and it came with a generic Power Commander sold through Athena, same package on ebay at $846 no tax, free shipping, and with warranty. I decided not to bite further after my offer was rebuked unpolitely.
Back to top Go down
Outbacker

Outbacker

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the mile-high city, Colorado    Hello from the mile-high city, Colorado  EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 10:24 pm

gatorfan wrote:
Great riding opportunities in CO -- congrats.
I've rented bikes in CO 2X - beautiful. Hiked and golfed in CO too many times to count.
Dream is to retire there.

Florida does not look like too bad of a place to ride as well! Have you ever checked out the vlogging done by a chap in your neck of the woods by a guy that goes by the name of mototrippin on you tube? Here is his link:

https://www.youtube.com/feed/UC6rekpgPvYdHAbjBunGEWVw
Back to top Go down
Outbacker

Outbacker

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the mile-high city, Colorado    Hello from the mile-high city, Colorado  EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 10:45 pm

I<3Mountains wrote:
i picked up a wrx in december 2012 with a fuel pump issue, it runs like a champ now,

did you have trouble finding wrx's?

i ride mostly around south denver, denver and in the foot hills near boulder and nederland.

Yes, there is a bit of a cult following happening on these things, which is great in terms of value retention. Key seems to be in uncorking them. ebay units hold their price. I got a clean '08 with 8800 miles, with a sweet seat and Pro-Tapers for $3,400 in Johnstown. Thought I had a second one secured in Denver for a couple hundred more but the deal fell through. One on Craigs, another on Trader.

I mostly hit Ramparts early in the mornings weekdays, and then mountain single tracks in combination with salmon fishing trips out Kremmling and Blue Mesa. I'd love to learn more about Nederland and Boulder excursions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the mile-high city, Colorado    Hello from the mile-high city, Colorado  Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from the mile-high city, Colorado
Page 1 of 1