Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

AXO Boxer Enduro Boots vs. Thor Q1 Boots?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
WRXR

WRXR

AXO Boxer Enduro Boots vs. Thor Q1 Boots? Empty
PostSubject: AXO Boxer Enduro Boots vs. Thor Q1 Boots?   AXO Boxer Enduro Boots vs. Thor Q1 Boots? EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 1:51 am

Anybody using one of these boots? How are they holding up, how's quality, size and fitment?
They are both the same price range and I like the price.

AXO Boxer Enduro Boots
http://www.atomic-moto.com/servlet/the-312/AXO-Boxer-Enduro-Boots/Detail
AXO Boxer Enduro Boots vs. Thor Q1 Boots? Boxer_enduro_330

Thor Q1 Boots
http://www.atomic-moto.com/servlet/the-334/Thor-Q1-Boots/Detail
AXO Boxer Enduro Boots vs. Thor Q1 Boots? Thor_q1_black
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: AXO Boxer Enduro Boots vs. Thor Q1 Boots?   AXO Boxer Enduro Boots vs. Thor Q1 Boots? EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 1:00 pm

I use the Axo. They are the BEST boot ever....for the price poser2

Holding up well. Ripped off one of the metal toe pieces. Buckles still work good. Really can't think of any complaints. Highly recommend getting some inserts for these (really any) boots. (I think i would like to upgrade to another boot, but these just won't die Very happy)
Supper glad I bought these boots instead of continually using my street boots.
*I have a review somewhere.....

**EDIT** sorry, i have the Axo Boxer boots. They look the same except for the soles. I would assume they are the same otherwise but not sure.
Back to top Go down
Bob

PostSubject: Re: AXO Boxer Enduro Boots vs. Thor Q1 Boots?   AXO Boxer Enduro Boots vs. Thor Q1 Boots? EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 3:57 pm

I think those Thor boots are the cheap ones. I was going to buy a pair years ago, but got talked out of it for that reason. I'd get the axo out of the two.
Back to top Go down
WRXR

WRXR

PostSubject: Re: AXO Boxer Enduro Boots vs. Thor Q1 Boots?   AXO Boxer Enduro Boots vs. Thor Q1 Boots? EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 12:13 am

inspector, how is the size? Did you get them in your regular size or are they actually a bit bigger or smaller? I am looking to order them online but I am unsure about the size and fitment.
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: AXO Boxer Enduro Boots vs. Thor Q1 Boots?   AXO Boxer Enduro Boots vs. Thor Q1 Boots? EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 11:39 am

WRXR wrote:
inspector, how is the size? Did you get them in your regular size or are they actually a bit bigger or smaller? I am looking to order them online but I am unsure about the size and fitment.

I wear 11.5(anything Alpinestar fits awesome). Brian told me to go to 12 and get some good insoles. I went with the 11. I decided that I would rather have a tight fit and stretch the boot then have a sloppy one. I was still able to get some insoles I took out of my hiking boots in there and the fit was great.

*Brian is the owner/operator of Atomic. Feel free to drop them a line and ask any questions you have. He's been spot on about all other sizing issues I've had. (pair of gloves, pants, and jersey)

**I'll run out to the garage and check the size as soon as the stupid cat leaves me alone just to make sure.....
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: AXO Boxer Enduro Boots vs. Thor Q1 Boots?   AXO Boxer Enduro Boots vs. Thor Q1 Boots? EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 11:43 am

Here's my thoughts on them Long read but Atomic's email is also in there somewhere.
Back to top Go down
WRXR

WRXR

PostSubject: Re: AXO Boxer Enduro Boots vs. Thor Q1 Boots?   AXO Boxer Enduro Boots vs. Thor Q1 Boots? EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 12:45 pm

Awesome, thanks! thumb
Back to top Go down
WRXR

WRXR

PostSubject: Re: AXO Boxer Enduro Boots vs. Thor Q1 Boots?   AXO Boxer Enduro Boots vs. Thor Q1 Boots? EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 11:26 pm

One more problem - there are no Axo dealers in Canada?!?!? GAHHHH
Back to top Go down
RT3856

RT3856

PostSubject: Re: AXO Boxer Enduro Boots vs. Thor Q1 Boots?   AXO Boxer Enduro Boots vs. Thor Q1 Boots? EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 9:11 pm

WRXR wrote:
Anybody using one of these boots? How are they holding up, how's quality, size and fitment?
They are both the same price range and I like the price.

AXO Boxer Enduro Boots
http://www.atomic-moto.com/servlet/the-312/AXO-Boxer-Enduro-Boots/Detail
AXO Boxer Enduro Boots vs. Thor Q1 Boots? Boxer_enduro_330

Thor Q1 Boots
http://www.atomic-moto.com/servlet/the-334/Thor-Q1-Boots/Detail
AXO Boxer Enduro Boots vs. Thor Q1 Boots? Thor_q1_black

I got the Thor boots last spring.
Offer good protection but took awhile to get used to. very stiff.
[NOT WATER PROOF AT ALL] fortunately here in Northwet Washington it only rains 300 days a year so that gives a total of 65 rain free days to use my thor boots or live with wet feet.
Back to top Go down
WRXR

WRXR

PostSubject: Re: AXO Boxer Enduro Boots vs. Thor Q1 Boots?   AXO Boxer Enduro Boots vs. Thor Q1 Boots? EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 11:11 pm

How is the sole of the Thors?
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: AXO Boxer Enduro Boots vs. Thor Q1 Boots?   AXO Boxer Enduro Boots vs. Thor Q1 Boots? EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 5:31 pm

WRXR: Having had three pairs (RC3 and RC6 (2) boots) the AXO gets my vote.

If price is not the issue you may look at other choices in both SIDI and A*.

I recently bought a pair of A* Tech 7's that I like a lot (except the reverse buckle configuration) as well as a pair of SIDI Adventures (scored on these pups at $200 for a new boot !) that are also very nice.

I have a very nice pair of recently resoled RC6's in size nine (9) that I may be willing to part with.

Edit: Given that most are equal for protection, the other thing I was going to say is not to forego comfort for price. If your feet are not comfortable then perhaps you'll wish you had a better fitting boot.
Back to top Go down
RT3856

RT3856

PostSubject: Re: AXO Boxer Enduro Boots vs. Thor Q1 Boots?   AXO Boxer Enduro Boots vs. Thor Q1 Boots? EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 6:53 pm

WRXR wrote:
How is the sole of the Thors?
Vibrum lug type.
Work good in the slippery when not on the bike.
I am old school grew up with the hi-piont leather boots with the metal plate for shin protection.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AXO Boxer Enduro Boots vs. Thor Q1 Boots?   AXO Boxer Enduro Boots vs. Thor Q1 Boots? Empty

Back to top Go down

AXO Boxer Enduro Boots vs. Thor Q1 Boots?
Page 1 of 1