Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Pix of my X with knobbies.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
WRXR

WRXR

Pix of my X with knobbies. Empty
PostSubject: Pix of my X with knobbies.   Pix of my X with knobbies. EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 5:47 pm

Here she is. Wearing her lovely "R" shoes.
Not the best pics but that's all I got. Put her in storage already.

At the dealership:
Pix of my X with knobbies. 1d1d2d98
Pix of my X with knobbies. D5a8f629

Bringing her home:
Pix of my X with knobbies. 647a3b08
Pix of my X with knobbies. 4ab89947

Stored for the winter:
Pix of my X with knobbies. B028986b
Pix of my X with knobbies. 0304d6fc
Pix of my X with knobbies. 7f67d5b9
Pix of my X with knobbies. 6c6db6a7
Back to top Go down
Gany

PostSubject: Re: Pix of my X with knobbies.   Pix of my X with knobbies. EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 12:27 am

Awesome. Is that an 18 or 17" rear wheel (just noticed different hubs front and rear), if its still the 17, what size MT21 did you get? I take it that you still have the X disc for the front?
Back to top Go down
WRXR

WRXR

PostSubject: Re: Pix of my X with knobbies.   Pix of my X with knobbies. EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 7:20 pm

It's the stock WRx rear wheel with Pirelli MT21 RallyCross 120/90-17.
Yup large x disc on front. I've got the best of both worlds Very happy
Back to top Go down
Gany

PostSubject: Re: Pix of my X with knobbies.   Pix of my X with knobbies. EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 7:50 pm

I know its early days but do you see any trouble with the narrower width tire on the 4in rear rim?

I've got a 21" front from Wheeling and planning exactly the same setup as yours, just switching out the front wheel! Rear tire I considered a 130/80 or 140/80, hadnt considered a 120. Id be interested in your feedback!
Back to top Go down
WRXR

WRXR

PostSubject: Re: Pix of my X with knobbies.   Pix of my X with knobbies. EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 10:27 pm

Well I haven't had the chance really to ride in the dirt since winter's here. The 120 tho looks pretty beefy and I am sure it'll do the job - I'll be mostly on gravel roads and trails here in the mountains. Can give you an update in a couple months Very happy
Back to top Go down
Gany

PostSubject: Re: Pix of my X with knobbies.   Pix of my X with knobbies. EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 12:19 am

Yeah looks pretty beefie, i would just be concerned about it slipping on the rim or the such without a rim lock but dont think you can get one for a 4 inch rim.

I guess the dealer would have said if it was too narrow or not?

What pressures are you planning on running?
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: Pix of my X with knobbies.   Pix of my X with knobbies. EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 3:33 pm

looks great! love the X with knobbies!
Back to top Go down
bren5279

PostSubject: Re: Pix of my X with knobbies.   Pix of my X with knobbies. EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 1:08 am

Ok so hate to old thread revive, but WHERE THE HELL DID YOU GET THE GRAPHICS???? I cant find them ANYWHERE
Back to top Go down
Hertz

Hertz

PostSubject: Re: Pix of my X with knobbies.   Pix of my X with knobbies. EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 1:53 pm

bren5279 wrote:
Ok so hate to old thread revive, but WHERE THE HELL DID YOU GET THE GRAPHICS???? I cant find them ANYWHERE

Wheeling cycle supply is the one and only place you'll find them.
Back to top Go down
bren5279

PostSubject: Re: Pix of my X with knobbies.   Pix of my X with knobbies. EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 2:07 pm

Oh my god thank you so much!!!
Back to top Go down
WRXR

WRXR

PostSubject: Re: Pix of my X with knobbies.   Pix of my X with knobbies. EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 10:23 pm

Sorry don't know where they are from, bought the bike that way.
Back to top Go down
WRXR

WRXR

PostSubject: Re: Pix of my X with knobbies.   Pix of my X with knobbies. EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 8:45 pm

Here's a new pic, installed the DRC taillight and flashers yesterday. Still have to do the front.

Pix of my X with knobbies. 53f74a6c
Back to top Go down
Gany

PostSubject: Re: Pix of my X with knobbies.   Pix of my X with knobbies. EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 9:45 pm

No slippage of the 120 rear on the stock rim? What's the lowest pressure you run in the rear?
Back to top Go down
WRXR

WRXR

PostSubject: Re: Pix of my X with knobbies.   Pix of my X with knobbies. EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 7:52 pm

Gany wrote:
No slippage of the 120 rear on the stock rim? What's the lowest pressure you run in the rear?

Nope, not that I know of. 25 PSI is what I ran, went to 33 today for the Highway.

Once you hit 90+ the rear end feels kinda unstable with this tire though...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pix of my X with knobbies.   Pix of my X with knobbies. EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 11:53 am

Was wondering if you bought the front SMPro rim from Wheeling Cycle Supply?

Really like your set up with the stock rear rim... How is the ride with a 21" front and a 17" rear?
Back to top Go down
WRXR

WRXR

PostSubject: Re: Pix of my X with knobbies.   Pix of my X with knobbies. EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 10:45 pm

Thanks I like it a lot and don't see a reason for buying a bigger rear, except for having an extra one with SM tires. Works well on the trails and road. Doesn't look too shabby either.
The SMpro front wheel came with the bike so I don't know where it's from. Bought the bike in Calgary.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pix of my X with knobbies.   Pix of my X with knobbies. Empty

Back to top Go down

Pix of my X with knobbies.
Page 1 of 1