Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Tire Diameter and gearing

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
usgpru27

Tire Diameter and gearing Empty
PostSubject: Tire Diameter and gearing   Tire Diameter and gearing EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 12:03 am

The 150 60 is smaller in diameter than the 140 70. I like stock gearing for the street. I am getting new sprockets so I was wondering if I should go down the almost 2 teeth needed to keep it the same.

Back to top Go down
picard

picard

PostSubject: Re: Tire Diameter and gearing   Tire Diameter and gearing EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 2:04 pm

http://www.gearingcommander.com/
Back to top Go down
usgpru27

PostSubject: Re: Tire Diameter and gearing   Tire Diameter and gearing EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 4:00 pm

Thanks, What is where I started.
Back to top Go down
picard

picard

PostSubject: Re: Tire Diameter and gearing   Tire Diameter and gearing EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 5:08 pm

5% is not all that much. And, the bikes come geared long so I, personally, would not go down. Here at altitude my WRR was geared much too high for even the street, not to mention dirt. Rear sprockets are $20 (if you don't want fancy aluminum ones) so you could try it.
Back to top Go down
usgpru27

PostSubject: Re: Tire Diameter and gearing   Tire Diameter and gearing EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 11:04 pm

got ya.. Thanks.. I am looking to end up a little shorter on my X.. I want to get to what would equal a 13-44 from the 42. I am getting one of these.. http://www.dirttricks.com/ordering_sprockets.htm and they are not cheap at $109 and want to get the correct set up. They start at 43 so looks like with the 5% and a 43-44 I will be set.. Thanks for the suggestion. I may just get some old aluminum YZ gears to give it a try!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tire Diameter and gearing   Tire Diameter and gearing Empty

Back to top Go down

Tire Diameter and gearing
Page 1 of 1