Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Might move to singapore...

Go down 
+4
Bgunn
X-Racer
mordicai
Medski
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Medski

Medski

Might move to singapore... Empty
PostSubject: Might move to singapore...   Might move to singapore... EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 1:00 pm

I was wondering if you guys thinking it's worth it to bring my WR over. Or buy another bike over there. Anyone has experience owning a bike in Singapore??
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: Might move to singapore...   Might move to singapore... EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 8:05 pm

Medski wrote:
I was wondering if you guys thinking it's worth it to bring my WR over. Or buy another bike over there. Anyone has experience owning a bike in Singapore??
125cc scooter or bike for Singapore. 40mph tops or else you die.
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Might move to singapore...   Might move to singapore... EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 10:46 pm

I sold a CRF230F to a guy who was exporting (used) bikes from here to there and getting MUCH MORE used than they were going for here new. He didn't even care if it ran, never asked me to start it. ~ shrug ~

Availability may be an issue as well. I'm thinking if you like what you got, take it with you.
Back to top Go down
Bgunn

Bgunn

PostSubject: Re: Might move to singapore...   Might move to singapore... EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 10:49 pm

How much does it cost to ship, and how long do you plan on staying ? Or is it a permanent move? I would like to live in a climate where I could ride year around.
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: Might move to singapore...   Might move to singapore... EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 11:03 pm

Uhh, Guys riding a motorcycle in Asian cities is not exactly like riding in Spokane WA. In one city block yu might have a couple of hundred two wheel bikes;scooters, little motorcycles, bicycles. No bldy goes fast. LOTS of traffic and S L O W.............
Back to top Go down
Medski

Medski

PostSubject: Re: Might move to singapore...   Might move to singapore... EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 11:15 pm

It'd be semi permanent. At least 2 years, maybe more.
Back to top Go down
CalgaryMcLean

PostSubject: Re: Might move to singapore...   Might move to singapore... EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 12:15 am

Probably best just to sell it to me, at a really good price! Shog
Back to top Go down
donutbiker

PostSubject: Re: Might move to singapore...   Might move to singapore... EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 10:01 am

http://f800gsrider.blogspot.com/2009/04/self-importing-motorbike-from-uk-to.html

check out the above blog on how this chap slef imported his f800gs to singapore from UK.

FYI, i own a 3mth old wr250r. My yami cost me S$14466 , this price includes bike price, the many many taxes, number plate, IU unit (a electronic device that deducts a fee from you electronic cash card at toll areas), fees, insurance, and COE (another tax, but it is variable currently it is at 1.4 -1.5k, it stands for certificate of entitlement, which allows you to owe a bike)

Yes! it SUCKS money from you to owe any personal vehicle in Singapore.

Hope that this is helpful in assisting you to come to a decision.

If you do bring in your bike , lets ride out sometime.... eg. to malaysia and beyond!! wooohooooo.... really enjoying my wr250r
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: Might move to singapore...   Might move to singapore... EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 1:56 pm

Yamaha has finally designed the world's most perfect motorcycle, fuel injected, good looking, comfy, and as reliable as a geyser.
I would rather leave an arm behind than my WR. :)
Back to top Go down
Bgunn

Bgunn

PostSubject: Re: Might move to singapore...   Might move to singapore... EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 2:33 pm

mordicai wrote:
Uhh, Guys riding a motorcycle in Asian cities is not exactly like riding in Spokane WA. In one city block yu might have a couple of hundred two wheel bikes;scooters, little motorcycles, bicycles. No bldy goes fast. LOTS of traffic and S L O W.............

Spent 5 weeks driving around Thailand in 2005. It was mind boggling of the mass humanity on two wheels. Seemed crazy at first, but didn't see that many accidents.
Not at all like Spokane. I think the drivers are better there.... Peace YAM

Back to top Go down
Medski

Medski

PostSubject: Re: Might move to singapore...   Might move to singapore... EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 5:37 pm

I don't think I'll be able to import my WR if I go I found out about the 3 years old thing. (cant import a bike more than 3 years of age) Mine is a 2008. Also there is the fact I need a original purchase invoice, I bought it used.... Nightmare.

So yeah..

Guess I'll have to look into buying another once there... Still crossing my fingers about moving there though.
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: Might move to singapore...   Might move to singapore... EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 7:40 pm

Bgunn wrote:
mordicai wrote:

Spent 5 weeks driving around Thailand in 2005. It was mind boggling of the mass humanity on two wheels. Seemed crazy at first, but didn't see that many accidents.
Not at all like Spokane. I think the drivers are better there.... Peace YAM

I can only speak for Saigon.A zillion accidents a day, but as I said everybody doing about 30mph so usually only fender benders
Back to top Go down
Hetch

Hetch

PostSubject: Re: Might move to singapore...   Might move to singapore... EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 7:40 pm

Go to Newton's Circus and have a prawn and some fried rice for me!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Might move to singapore...   Might move to singapore... Empty

Back to top Go down

Might move to singapore...
Page 1 of 1