Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Thanks Sandman Parts for the case saver!

Go down 
+16
DirtBiker84
grw800
rmax
AaronWhitt82
Chief_Lee_Visceral
DougZ
WRXer
cryptomundo
No~One
flatboarder
RichardU
donutbiker
nikkiwr
oldirt
vwsandman
little squirt
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
little squirt

little squirt

Thanks Sandman Parts for the case saver! Empty
PostSubject: Thanks Sandman Parts for the case saver!   Thanks Sandman Parts for the case saver! EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 11:09 pm

thumb Great kit and it even included 2 jolly ranchers!! hahahaha Love it, fit and finish is great!

Thanks Sandman Parts for the case saver! C127bda8

Thanks Sandman Parts for the case saver! F1149ac4

Thanks Sandman Parts for the case saver! 3eec325b

Thanks Sandman Parts for the case saver! 0bb69367
Back to top Go down
vwsandman

vwsandman

PostSubject: You are welcome!   Thanks Sandman Parts for the case saver! EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 1:54 am

Looks great! Glad you are happy with it!
Back to top Go down
oldirt

oldirt

PostSubject: Thanks Ivan !!!!   Thanks Sandman Parts for the case saver! EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 9:30 pm

Received my new case saver and guard today. I spent more time unpacking the parts (and deciding which jolly rancher to eat first) than what I did installing the parts. SO, you think you don't need one of these dunno

Thanks Sandman Parts for the case saver! IMG_02781

After 5300 miles

Thanks Sandman Parts for the case saver! IMG_02791

Thanks Sandman Parts for the case saver! IMG_02801

Thanks Sandman Parts for the case saver! IMG_02811

The so called saver (plastic) is grooved from the chain (tight fit)
Just sayin
Back to top Go down
nikkiwr

nikkiwr

PostSubject: Re: Thanks Sandman Parts for the case saver!   Thanks Sandman Parts for the case saver! EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 12:06 am

looks good.
Back to top Go down
vwsandman

vwsandman

PostSubject: Wow   Thanks Sandman Parts for the case saver! EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 12:42 am

What a mess huh? I was actually more surprised to see the sound deadning still in your cover! I think mine fell off after the first time I took the cover off and washed it out!

Thanks for posting the pics!

Back to top Go down
donutbiker

PostSubject: Re: Thanks Sandman Parts for the case saver!   Thanks Sandman Parts for the case saver! EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 9:08 am

oops just posted on Sandman's Vendor thread abt getting my case saver and cover...

anyway...thks again Ivan!

Do any of you guys or gals out loctite 243 on the threads during installation?
Back to top Go down
RichardU

PostSubject: Re: Thanks Sandman Parts for the case saver!   Thanks Sandman Parts for the case saver! EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 1:34 am

I'd also like to thank Ivan for being nice guy in general. I was so impressed by the powdercoat on the case saver, I asked him for some advice which he gave freely. I now have a sandblaster, powder coating gun and oven. It's fantastic. I've done a kickstand, a muffler (high-temp flat black) and a bunch of various brackets. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
flatboarder

flatboarder

PostSubject: Re: Thanks Sandman Parts for the case saver!   Thanks Sandman Parts for the case saver! EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 8:25 am

Want to join in saying thanks Ivan, great service processing and shipping the case saver outside USA within 1 day. I am very much impressed and looking forward to your genuine chain guard. A great item, considering the damage a chain can do when leaving its place.

When chain fell off yesterday at my Tenere, it destroyed chainwheel (displayed at the left side, it was still in perfect condition in the morning and now its teeth are shaved off) and cush drive unit (already with new chainwheel), also swing arm:
Thanks Sandman Parts for the case saver! Kettenblatt
However, I was extremely lucky it did no harm to sprocket and engine case (there is a little chain guard there, which may have saved me).
In fact, protecting things against chain impact and using chain guards front and rear is the perfect idea when riding enduro style bikes with considerable rear travel.

Phil
Back to top Go down
flatboarder

flatboarder

PostSubject: Re: Thanks Sandman Parts for the case saver!   Thanks Sandman Parts for the case saver! EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 4:53 am

Thanks Sandman Parts for the case saver! Sand Thanks Sandman Parts for the case saver! Sand2

Once more, thanks to sandman parts for phantastic international service, quick and cheap shipping and a great product for the WR.
I really wish we had this kind of shop over here as well, but there is none.
Regards, Phil
Back to top Go down
No~One

No~One

PostSubject: Re: Thanks Sandman Parts for the case saver!   Thanks Sandman Parts for the case saver! EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 4:30 pm

Looks great (and nicely priced) I'll be ordering one of these too. thumb
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: Thanks Sandman Parts for the case saver!   Thanks Sandman Parts for the case saver! EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 10:16 pm

I got my jolly ranchers today! I will be installing my case saver and the guard tomorrow .. very nice product
Back to top Go down
WRXer

PostSubject: Re: Thanks Sandman Parts for the case saver!   Thanks Sandman Parts for the case saver! EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 9:28 pm

Got my case saver. The product & packaging are second to none; way better most than aftermarket products. There are some "other" purley aesthetic guards that don't even serve the main purpose--to protect the case from the chain! This guard does that & looks good!
Back to top Go down
DougZ

DougZ

PostSubject: Re: Thanks Sandman Parts for the case saver!   Thanks Sandman Parts for the case saver! EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 8:06 pm

I am jumping on board too...got my case save in today and had it installed 5 minutes later. Great product and great customer service. I got the two candies too...who does that...just awesome. thumb

I used to make/machine some small parts for the SV's(Suzuki)..and thought I did a pretty good job of packaging and shipping. Ivan had each piece in heat sealed bubble wrap pillows. Outstanding.
Back to top Go down
Chief_Lee_Visceral

PostSubject: Re: Thanks Sandman Parts for the case saver!   Thanks Sandman Parts for the case saver! EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 3:23 am

Hey Ivan I think I had a part inspiring the "indexable" shifter for gen 2. In payment I would like you to make another run of the Acerbis disc guard adapters :) How's it going with that?
Back to top Go down
vwsandman

vwsandman

PostSubject: Re: Thanks Sandman Parts for the case saver!   Thanks Sandman Parts for the case saver! EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 9:25 am

I have another 24 ready to ship of the acerbis adapters, been pretty busy at work and have not had the time to update any info, my apologies!

Thanks to all for the kind words and support!
Back to top Go down
AaronWhitt82

PostSubject: Re: Thanks Sandman Parts for the case saver!   Thanks Sandman Parts for the case saver! EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 12:27 am

Ordered my case saver kit tonight !!!!!!
I'm also going to order the Zeta Z-Carbon drive cover to go along with it as well. thumb
Back to top Go down
rmax

PostSubject: Re: Thanks Sandman Parts for the case saver!   Thanks Sandman Parts for the case saver! EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 1:46 pm

Thanks Ivan, Great solution, quality parts.

I couldn’t believe how much mud was still trapped inside the stock cover. There was no way to clean it out without removing the cover after every muddy ride. My chain was sliding around the path of dried mud and sand.

Thanks Sandman Parts for the case saver! 2011-04-07124158
Back to top Go down
grw800

grw800

PostSubject: Re: Thanks Sandman Parts for the case saver!   Thanks Sandman Parts for the case saver! EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 6:56 pm

Another happy customer!

I opened my box (which arrived in three days) and popped the first Jolly Rancher (Raspberry Lemonade) in my mouth as soon as it fell out of the box.
I then:

• Unwrapped the parts.
  • Opened the shop door.
  • Backed bike out.
  • Pushed bike back in to the work area.
  • Put bike on the lift.
  • Removed stock sprocket cover.
  • Test fitted the Sandman case saver & sprocket cover.
  • Removed Sandman parts.
  • Re-installed with Loctite on the three bolts.

I was still working on the candy when I snapped this pic!
Great product, super fast shipping, easy installation, proper fit, and free candy! I have installed dozens of aftermarket parts on many bikes, cars, and trucks, and none have ever fit as well as Ivan's case saver and sprocket cover.
Thank you, Ivan!Thanks Sandman Parts for the case saver! 00510
Back to top Go down
DirtBiker84

PostSubject: Re: Thanks Sandman Parts for the case saver!   Thanks Sandman Parts for the case saver! EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 8:39 pm

Great thread thumb didn't realize how much the OEM guard sucks. just ordered a blue one cheers
Back to top Go down
vwsandman

vwsandman

PostSubject: Thanks!   Thanks Sandman Parts for the case saver! EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 9:35 pm

Thanks for all of the kind words. I am very happy that every one enjoys the parts. Thanks again to all! freaky

Ivan
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: Thanks Sandman Parts for the case saver!   Thanks Sandman Parts for the case saver! EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 10:26 pm

Anyone using this case saver with a 14T front sprocket?
Back to top Go down
vwsandman

vwsandman

PostSubject: 14T sprocket   Thanks Sandman Parts for the case saver! EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 11:23 pm

I know a few people have used my Case Savers with a 14T sprocket. It is close, but works. I have tried to make these fit as tight to the engine as reasonably possible so that a 14T front sprocket can be used.

Ivan
Back to top Go down
flatboarder

flatboarder

PostSubject: Re: Thanks Sandman Parts for the case saver!   Thanks Sandman Parts for the case saver! EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 3:38 am

mordicai wrote:
Anyone using this case saver with a 14T front sprocket?
Works for me, perfectly. No issues. Plenty of clearance for onroad usage, and should also be sufficient for offroad, at least when comparing to the minimal clearance of my previous EXC.

In general, always keep an eye on the WRR chain. Do net allow it getting too loose. This will do harm to several parts. Especially with the stock chain, that should be replaced (very) early.
Back to top Go down
No~One

No~One

PostSubject: Re: Thanks Sandman Parts for the case saver!   Thanks Sandman Parts for the case saver! EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 10:25 am

Got mine the other day (blue) looks great, works perfect.

thumb thumb
Back to top Go down
DirtBiker84

PostSubject: Re: Thanks Sandman Parts for the case saver!   Thanks Sandman Parts for the case saver! EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 1:36 pm

Just got mine in the mail today. my bike had 98 miles and only ridden on a few unpaved roads and already there was greasy dirt and crap stuck in the stock guard. thanks sandman for the great parts and service. the jolly ranchers where gone in 2 minutes. haven't had them in years.

Thanks Sandman Parts for the case saver! 2011%5C08%5C17%5Cbikepics-2258307-full
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thanks Sandman Parts for the case saver!   Thanks Sandman Parts for the case saver! Empty

Back to top Go down

Thanks Sandman Parts for the case saver!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next