Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Just got a WR250R, we love it! Just one question...

Go down 
+5
little squirt
inspector
Medski
YZEtc
combo
9 posters
AuthorMessage
combo

combo

Just got a WR250R, we love it! Just one question...  Empty
PostSubject: Just got a WR250R, we love it! Just one question...    Just got a WR250R, we love it! Just one question...  EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 8:49 am

Hi guys, great forum, have done a lot of reading here

...picked up a 2nd hand WRR for a great price yesterday with only 1700k's on the clock, very happy, before this I was riding a CT110 and this is a massive step up, took it to a mate's place today who is a mechanic and is very handy with bikes, he helped set the sag, suspension, bit of maintenance and bypassed the kickstand cut off, it's an 08 stock bike otherwise, we then each had a ride, he has a DRZ400 and he was surprised how smooth it was accelerating in comparison, he did comment it is a bit jumpy going slow, I've noticed that to and also decelerating especially in 1st and 2nd, will removing the AIS parts help? any suggestions?

Here's the bike and mini me testing the cockpit

Just got a WR250R, we love it! Just one question...  Dsc02252f

Last edited by combo on Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:33 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Just got a WR250R, we love it! Just one question...    Just got a WR250R, we love it! Just one question...  EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 10:24 am

Hi. :)

Removing the AIS parts won't change how the bike runs or responds to the throttle.
It does rid the bike of parts you don't really need, parts that satisfy yet another regulation that's been decided you need without your input.
That, alone, makes it a great reason to remove them :)
It also removes a lot of clutter from under the left-hand cover that looks like a radiator shroud.

If you want to make the bike have smoother throttle response, you'll need to plug-in one of the fuel injection programmer gizmos.
This is the electronic fuel injection version of a jet kit for a carburetor.
The bike sorely needs one, in my opinion, because those same regulations that brought you the AIS parts specified that your bike run on the lean side and less than perfect.
I'm using the FMF Power Programmer, and the bike runs much better with it. thumb

I'd also remove the airbox flapper, which is detailed in the Sweet Mods forum.

I'd also lower the final drive rearing (chain and sprockets) by at least fitting a one-tooth-smaller front sprocket because the stock ratio is incredibly tall due to those same regulations that govern the AIS parts and lean fueling.
On my WR-250R, I was using 12/47 sprockets, which required a 110-link chain (stock is 108 links).
The result is gearing that suits a 250cc bike, with much better acceleration, :)
Back to top Go down
combo

combo

PostSubject: Re: Just got a WR250R, we love it! Just one question...    Just got a WR250R, we love it! Just one question...  EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 5:37 pm

Thanks for that reply YZEtc thumb
I haven't read much about the FMF Power Programmer, do you need a laptop to operate and tune it while it's connected to the bike?
Back to top Go down
Medski

Medski

PostSubject: Re: Just got a WR250R, we love it! Just one question...    Just got a WR250R, we love it! Just one question...  EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 5:48 pm

combo wrote:
Thanks for that reply YZEtc thumb
do you need a laptop to operate and tune it while it's connected to the bike?

Nope, it's got its interface directly on the device.
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: Just got a WR250R, we love it! Just one question...    Just got a WR250R, we love it! Just one question...  EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 8:47 pm

Welcome, HI!
Back to top Go down
combo

combo

PostSubject: Re: Just got a WR250R, we love it! Just one question...    Just got a WR250R, we love it! Just one question...  EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 7:42 pm

Thanks guys, overall I'm very happy with the bike but I'm sure I won't resist the moding for long, first will be hand guards, SE handlebars and bash plate afro
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: Just got a WR250R, we love it! Just one question...    Just got a WR250R, we love it! Just one question...  EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 1:16 pm

Congrats and welcome aboard!
Back to top Go down
Boondocker

Boondocker

PostSubject: Re: Just got a WR250R, we love it! Just one question...    Just got a WR250R, we love it! Just one question...  EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 5:13 pm

Welcome. Some of us in the USA are envious white color option you get. droooool
You might try adjusting the slack in your throttle cable to see if that tames some of the jerkiness - it's free.

P.S. The gleam in that little fella's eye is saying - "get your own bike, Daddy!"

Last edited by Boondocker on Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
skysurfer2010

PostSubject: Re: Just got a WR250R, we love it! Just one question...    Just got a WR250R, we love it! Just one question...  EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 8:41 pm

Boondocker wrote:
Welcome. Some of us in the USA are envious white color option you get. droooool

Ditto!!
Back to top Go down
combo

combo

PostSubject: Re: Just got a WR250R, we love it! Just one question...    Just got a WR250R, we love it! Just one question...  EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 8:59 am

Thanks guys, btw I love the blue to, I was going to get the blue but the a great deal came up and I happy it was a white bike, love the grey seat, just a bit worried about the black frame getting scratched, I would have preferred Silver
Back to top Go down
KC0514

KC0514

PostSubject: Re: Just got a WR250R, we love it! Just one question...    Just got a WR250R, we love it! Just one question...  EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 4:05 pm

Welcome to the Forum. Replace the tires if you plan on using it offroad often.

The white sure is puuuurrrrtttyyyy!
Back to top Go down
BUSTER

BUSTER

PostSubject: Re: Just got a WR250R, we love it! Just one question...    Just got a WR250R, we love it! Just one question...  EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 6:41 pm

welcome!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just got a WR250R, we love it! Just one question...    Just got a WR250R, we love it! Just one question...  Empty

Back to top Go down

Just got a WR250R, we love it! Just one question...
Page 1 of 1