Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

What are people paying for '09s?

Go down 
+7
PonchoV
malibu_dan
SheWolf
beowbe
Chrispy1200
asheville thumper
CaptTurbo
11 posters
AuthorMessage
CaptTurbo

What are people paying for '09s? Empty
PostSubject: What are people paying for '09s?   What are people paying for '09s? EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 3:09 pm

I'm trying to negotiate with my local dealer here in Ft Myers to buy a new WRR. They started out kind of silly like $7300.00 out the door. I now have them down to $6500.0 and told them that for that money I want the lowering link and a Corbin seat. They are still chewing on the link and seat but did say they could do $6500.00 on the bike.

I would appreciate hearing what others are seeing in the pricing out there and any negotiating tips you might have. Are there any other factory options that the bike needs that I might try to get thrown in? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
CaptTurbo

PostSubject: Re: What are people paying for '09s?   What are people paying for '09s? EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 6:34 am

One at a time please. I can't hear when everyone speaks at once!

dddog
Back to top Go down
asheville thumper

asheville thumper

PostSubject: Re: What are people paying for '09s?   What are people paying for '09s? EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 10:50 am

I bought my 2009 WR250R at the beginning of March for $6000 out the door (bike, tax, tag, title...everything). They started at a ridiculous price of something like $7600 poser2 . I had already decided based on what I have read and what it costs for tax, title and all that crap in North Carolina that a fair price would be out the door at or around MSRP of $6099. That makes the bike itself around $5200. So I just told them $6000 with the idea of going up an additional $100 bucks. They did the old we'll have to get back to you game and, they got back to me in about 2 hours. Let's not kid ourselves, the dealership is not moving bikes right now. They will be willing to work with you, but they also want to get as much as they possibly can...it is a business right? So for every bike they let go at say $6100 they still make a 5% holdback plus what ever they get from Yamaha (I think it is like $500 bucks on this bike). But at the same time if they can sell some for $7600 then they are making an awesome profit. I understand why they do it...there are still suckers out there!! Who knows, I may have paid too much, but in the end, I have an awesome bike and I don't feel like I was taken by the stealership at all. thumb
Back to top Go down
Chrispy1200

Chrispy1200

PostSubject: Re: What are people paying for '09s?   What are people paying for '09s? EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 12:42 pm

I paid $5500.00 plus tax here in Canada last fall for an '08 X while the MSRP tag on it said $7499.00. I think I got a pretty good deal. With exchange rates changing as fast as they are, take the Canuck numbers with a grain of salt................
Back to top Go down
CaptTurbo

PostSubject: Re: What are people paying for '09s?   What are people paying for '09s? EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 8:10 pm

Thanks for the input guys. I told them that for the price of 6500.00 that I would want the lowering link and a Corbin seat included. I don't know what the seat goes for but I'm thinking that they could do that and still be in the profit zone. Haven't heard back yet definitively.

I wrote to another dealer in Lake Whales (about 100 miles fom me) who is advertizing the WR250R at $5399.00. I asked them if that price was OTD or what? The email reply was to call them which I really can't do for a while ... being a fishing guide in the Spring break rush. I would love for them to email me back whhat that 5399.00 is about though.

Again, thanks for the replys and I would love to hear more. I know it's wonderful bike and will join your ranks of happy owners as soon as I can.
Back to top Go down
asheville thumper

asheville thumper

PostSubject: Re: What are people paying for '09s?   What are people paying for '09s? EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 9:30 am

My guess would be it is $5399 just for the bike. Then they will want delivery/setup, tax, tag, title, and some kind of processing fee. I've been wrong in the past, but it's just a hunch.
Back to top Go down
CaptTurbo

PostSubject: Re: What are people paying for '09s?   What are people paying for '09s? EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 9:27 pm

I finally made it over to the dealer today. They are playing hardball but I was doing the same. I have a slightly different deal going now though they have budged things up to 6715.00 OTD. The deal now has a 47 tooth steel primary sprocket and chain to fit, the lowering link, and a Corbin. Sure seems like a ton of money for a 250 but it seems the best I'm going to get out of this dealer.

The haggling now is that I want them to put the chain, sprocket, and lowering link on for that money. They don't want to do the labor. I don't know how involved installing the link is. I can probably do it all. I don't have the chain break tool so it would be nice if they would cut the new one (120 link) to length.
Back to top Go down
asheville thumper

asheville thumper

PostSubject: Re: What are people paying for '09s?   What are people paying for '09s? EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 8:32 am

did you ever hear what the deal was with the other dealer asking $5399?
Back to top Go down
CaptTurbo

PostSubject: Re: What are people paying for '09s?   What are people paying for '09s? EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 8:56 am

No. I didn't call them. I suppose I should have. I'm guessing that after they slap the tax, title, tag, and prep fees on it will be nowhere near that advertised price. The reason I'd like to buy local is that I don't want to break it in slabbing home the 100 miles from Lake Whales or the 120 miles from Lakeland ...ect.

Question for you shorter folks (like me): I'm about 30" inseam. Should I go with the 1" lowering link or the 1.75" one? Thanks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are people paying for '09s?   What are people paying for '09s? EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 12:46 pm

I have a 30" inseam as well and the height of the WRR is not a problem for me. As long as I can dab one toe I'd call it good. Depends on what youre used to. I'm used to tall dirt bikes FWIW. When you start lowering things you change the geometry and handling characteristics of the bike, and usually not for the better. I have not ridden a lowered WRR so I cant speak from experience on how it handles when lowered. I also dont lower a bike since I like to have all the ground clearance I can get.

I would ride it long enough to get used to it then see if you really want to lower it. Like they will tell you in dirt riding schools, your butt is not bolted onto the seat, so just move your butt over to where you can plant a foot on the ground when you stop. You will get used to the height and adapt accordingly, after all its a dirt bike, most dirt bikes are tall, they need to be.

Another thing about the WRR, the sidestand and mounting are super beefy. I would have no problem mounting up with the sidestand down, it can take it.
Back to top Go down
CaptTurbo

PostSubject: Re: What are people paying for '09s?   What are people paying for '09s? EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 6:16 pm

Well, I went and done it. deal Now I guess I can post ligitimately around here. wink
Back to top Go down
beowbe

PostSubject: Re: What are people paying for '09s?   What are people paying for '09s? EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 9:32 pm

Just bought an '09 WR250R today in Vancouver, BC for $7700 OTD. Can't wait to pick it up next week and hit the trails. I've been lurking on the forum for a few weeks trying to read up on the bike, so it's nice to finally introduce myself and thank everyone for all the great info they've posted.

Bob
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: What are people paying for '09s?   What are people paying for '09s? EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 9:34 pm

Hey Bob! Welcome to the pack! Tib lives in Van, and if you ever get into the interior, look me up and we can ride the Okanagan. thumb

malibu_dan

PostSubject: Re: What are people paying for '09s?   What are people paying for '09s? EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 2:55 pm

The guys I'm getting my '08s from didn't want to deal on the '09s. ~$5250 OTD for '08 R2s. That means a purchase price of about $4450...
deal
Back to top Go down
CaptTurbo

PostSubject: Re: What are people paying for '09s?   What are people paying for '09s? EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 10:35 pm

I'm glad to have found an '08 WRR with the Power Commander, LED signals, Baja desins brakelight, bark busters, Renthals, 17" Excel sumo wheels with RAD hubs, oversized discs, and sprocket with all the takeoffs thrown in. The guy even included a motorcycle jack for $3850.00. I'm glad I dragged my feet at the stealership. wings

Not a bad price for the WRR/X both in one huh? dunno
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: What are people paying for '09s?   What are people paying for '09s? EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 11:24 pm

What are people paying for '09s? Worthless Nice going, Turbo! thumb

PostSubject: Re: What are people paying for '09s?   What are people paying for '09s? EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 11:09 am

Well Geeze Wolfshegirl, the bike is being picked up in Littleton CO today and won't be here in SW Florida until the 7th or 8th. A bit far away even for my telephoto lense. poser2 I think you have an idea of what it looks like. It's blue and white with big wheels or little ones. LOL. I'm pretty stoked and the wait is killing me! dddog

The PO sent the title, keys, owner's manual, and Power Commander instructions ahead so at least I can read some stuff about my new little beastie.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are people paying for '09s?   What are people paying for '09s? EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 8:28 pm

I just paid (July 2009) $5,800 out the door for my 2009 plus sales tax and plates... Found an 08 for $5,100 here in Nebraska also...
Back to top Go down
PonchoV

PostSubject: Re: What are people paying for '09s?   What are people paying for '09s? EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 8:53 am

I must say, after reading what you riders are posting, I feel better about waiting for the dealer BS to settle down. 'm looking at an 08 X, that will be fitted w/ knobs. At 5'4" I will have a better chance at picking up 300 lbs w/ less to get back at 90 degrees.

Have a meeting, that my local dealer called for this AM.

NOT in any hurry........but I am getting dirt horny.

Wish I knew more about the dealer hold back. He said, 200 USD. Hmmmm!

Will let you know how it goes.....headed out now.
Back to top Go down
PonchoV

PostSubject: Re: What are people paying for '09s?   What are people paying for '09s? EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 9:35 am

As I am leaving the phone rings. The OTD is $5,900, for an 08. Saved me a ride down there. Plus I hate digging up the back yard trying to remember where I hid those PVC tubes.

Still in no hurry!

Anyone's thoughts?
Back to top Go down
jyam

jyam

PostSubject: what are people paying for '09s?   What are people paying for '09s? EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 2:24 am

GAHHHH $3,850 and all that stuff...man that shit is stolen Rolling Eyes
wicked deal though!!
i wish i paid that last year forsure.
time to get it dirty so nobody recognizes it!!
HAVE FUN YO
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: What are people paying for '09s?   What are people paying for '09s? EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 3:57 am

PonchoV wrote:
As I am leaving the phone rings. The OTD is $5,900, for an 08. Saved me a ride down there. Plus I hate digging up the back yard trying to remember where I hid those PVC tubes.

Still in no hurry!

Anyone's thoughts?
If you're not in a hurry, then I say $5900 OTD for an '08 is outrageous.

AT least to me it is. I got my '08 a few months ago for $4200 OTD. That was from Andrews. Local dealer in Montana offered me $5000 OTD. They had another bike with just a couple of hundred road miles on it from the two days the guy owned it before deciding it wasn't for him that they were selling for... I think it was $3800.

Anyways, looking at it from here in Montana, I'd say that's pretty spendy for an '08
Back to top Go down
PonchoV

PostSubject: Re: What are people paying for '09s?   What are people paying for '09s? EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 4:42 am

THANKS
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: What are people paying for '09s?   What are people paying for '09s? EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 6:54 am

Thanks from me, too. I'm sort of looking at one of these things myself.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
texascycle

texascycle

PostSubject: Re: What are people paying for '09s?   What are people paying for '09s? EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 9:03 pm

Between the three Yamaha dealers near me, the best I could get was $5800 plus ttl. The tagged price was $6199, so it felt like a decent deal, but not a steal. It feels awkward paying that much for a 250 dp, but then again, this machine seems to have so much going for it. I did a lot of reading before I pulled the trigger and I have no buyers remorse.

Compared to a new Ninja 250 at nearly half the price, it feels like I am getting ripped off ... but nothing quite compares to all of the features / quality of this lil blue fun machine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are people paying for '09s?   What are people paying for '09s? Empty

Back to top Go down

What are people paying for '09s?
Page 1 of 1