Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

FMF Exhaust question and Skid Plate Question

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Midnite171

Midnite171

FMF Exhaust question and Skid Plate Question Empty
PostSubject: FMF Exhaust question and Skid Plate Question   FMF Exhaust question and Skid Plate Question EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 8:13 pm

Sorry if these questions are answered elsewhere, too lazy to look I guess but,,,,,

#1: I WILL be upgrading my exhaust this upcoming spring so I was wondering, in what order should I get my FMF exhaust products? Can't afford all at once. I was thinking Q4 first, EFI programmer second and then header third. Also, is there anything I need to remove or modify to do these upgrades?

#2: I will be adding a Flatlands (probably) skid plate. Question is, will I need to place any cushion between engine and/or frame and the skid plate to reduce vibration and noise? Maybe some tire tube rubber?

Thanks!!!
Back to top Go down
Striper19

Striper19

FMF Exhaust question and Skid Plate Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: FMF Exhaust question and Skid Plate Question   FMF Exhaust question and Skid Plate Question EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 10:20 pm

Question 1

I did all 3 at the same time with the Mega Bomb Header, Q4, and the FMF Fuel Programmer. Id say the Fuel Controller would be the most important thing to get just because you can start modifying the stock ECU's fuel mapping to your liking. I have read that a stock bike with this only runs alot smoother (taking away the on/off feel - jerky feel of the fuel injection system). Im a firm believer in headers making drastic changes. I went with the Mega Bomb purely because it looks like a mini Nerf Football welded on and its definately eye-catching. A Powerbomb header should suffice as I see most people on here running that header. NOTE: I HAVE ONE FOR SALE RIGHT NOW BRAND NEW IN THE BOX FOR $135 SHIPPED - CHEAPEST YOU'LL FIND!!! The Canister will also make a big difference but probably not as much as the header IMHO. The q4 is very nice - has a throatier tone than the stock canister and its quieter than a stock canister with the S/A removed. (Also running my Q4 with the S/A removed)

When you want to do all the mods such as the flapper removal, AIS, removal, servo sub removal - SHOULD BE DONE WITH THE HEADER/CANISTER CHANGE, Charcoal Can removal (if yours is a CA bike), airbox mods, and filter change is up to you.

Question 2

Dont know, dont have the Flatlands Plate.

Hope this helps!
Back to top Go down

FMF Exhaust question and Skid Plate Question
Page 1 of 1