Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

R² Reliabilty

Go down 
+25
GusinCA
mordicai
Medski
resqman911
greer
ramz
Jäger
mick wr250r
GsVs
Dancamp
bikepsych
10Cup
skierd
texascycle
wildmotha
jyam
ZED
badmotoscooter
boogn1sh
speedtrippy
mwakey
SheWolf
drater
YamWOW!
Chadx
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Chadx

R² Reliabilty Empty
PostSubject: R² Reliabilty   R² Reliabilty EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 1:02 pm

Let's run a thread on reliabilty. Place to post any issues or breaks (that are not self induced) so folks know what to keep an eye on.
Back to top Go down
YamWOW!
Admin
YamWOW!

R² Reliabilty Empty
PostSubject: Reliability   R² Reliabilty EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 1:18 pm

Good idea you just started one. thumb

Anybody that has issues post it here.

Last edited by YamWOW! on Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
drater

drater

R² Reliabilty Empty
PostSubject: Re: R² Reliabilty   R² Reliabilty EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 2:59 pm

beavis i have close to 6000mi. on my wrr that i have had since last april, the thing is the bomb! wink thought i had a shifting problem with a third gear issue not going in, but no it was me baldy just getting lazy and losing my timing. no issues at all for me and i have a great time on that bike. freaky
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

R² Reliabilty Empty
PostSubject: Re: R² Reliabilty   R² Reliabilty EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 5:25 pm

Let off gas, pull in clutch, shift, release clutch, give gas.... Very happy Glad you got it figured out Drater. Much cheaper and easier fix than to tear apart the tranny basket.... eeek

mwakey

R² Reliabilty Empty
PostSubject: Re: R² Reliabilty   R² Reliabilty EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 6:26 pm

YamWOW! wrote:
Good idea you just stated one. thumb

Anybody has issues post it here.

Ya, I've got plenty of issues. For one, I can't get the smile off my face since I bought this thing. And secondly, I can't get the smile off my face since I bought this thing. I've been back to the dealer many times for this issue but they keep telling me it's not covered under my warranty! Very happy

Seriously though, I have over 5K miles on her already and not one problem. I think Yamahas are some of the most reliable machines out there. One of the main reasons for my purchase. I mean c'mon... first valve adjustment at 26K?? Doesn't that alone tell you Yamaha designed this thing to last? Good idea to start this thread though. There are always going to be issues with anything mechanical sooner or later.
Back to top Go down
speedtrippy

speedtrippy

R² Reliabilty Empty
PostSubject: Re: R² Reliabilty   R² Reliabilty EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 9:09 am

I should be buying a 2008 carry over soon. I've had great luck with Japanese bikes. I do have one question. I read on the ADV site about chain slippage. Anyone here know about that?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

R² Reliabilty Empty
PostSubject: Re: R² Reliabilty   R² Reliabilty EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 10:24 am

NEVER had it with mine, on the 13 or the 12T on it.

boogn1sh

R² Reliabilty Empty
PostSubject: Re: R² Reliabilty   R² Reliabilty EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 12:21 pm

speedtrippy wrote:
I should be buying a 2008 carry over soon. I've had great luck with Japanese bikes. I do have one question. I read on the ADV site about chain slippage. Anyone here know about that?

@ 47 miles on my R² and I could just about take the chain off the rear sprocket without loosening the axle. The chain was adjusted properly @ 0 miles, and was getting pretty loose by 25 miles. Now, I have been on the gas hard for most of those miles, but it still seems like an unusual amount of stretch to me. Stock chain and sprockets are headed for the junk bin.
Back to top Go down
badmotoscooter

badmotoscooter

R² Reliabilty Empty
PostSubject: Re: R² Reliabilty   R² Reliabilty EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 3:37 pm

nah, just give 'em to me Very happy ...or, i guess i could just go through your trash.
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

R² Reliabilty Empty
PostSubject: Re: R² Reliabilty   R² Reliabilty EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 12:00 am

mwakey wrote:
Ya, I've got plenty of issues. For one, I can't get the smile off my face since I bought this thing. And secondly, I can't get the smile off my face since I bought this thing.

Yup! I share that one.
Then, someone tries to bug me about it being small.
Then, they slowly back away when I start laughing maniacally. bannana

I have almost 7,000km on mine. It's getting new sprockets, a chain, and an oil change before the snow lifts. I also look at the 26,000mi valve adjustment interval and start giggling. I haven't decided when I'll actually check them, but with a fleet of 6 bikes in our shop the lack of maintenance is a big plus.

Oh, I just realized, this was a thread about the WRR and I have a WRX. Oops. hide

Ok, I'll leave it now and post back when (if) I have a problem to report. thumb
Back to top Go down
jyam

jyam

R² Reliabilty Empty
PostSubject: r2 reliabilty   R² Reliabilty EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 3:32 pm

i'm pretty happy with her Very happy i've had not to many issues with it except for the rear shock did leak and my warranty did cover it.keep an eye on it ,not cheap if you have to shell out.no mods yet though other then tires of course msr pro grip levers, yammy barkbuster,new quadrax chain,clutch cable,spark plug and oil changes.brake pads next week
it's actually an 08' with about 19,000 km
i will get some bars,sprockets,muffler and a fuel map soon i hope.
just getting the feel for the k777f don't know?but picks up more rocks the k776f
went through a d606 and couple a maxxis now.need a new rear tire again haven't decided?
just keep the air filter,oils and bike clean after every mud pounding for inspections and i think it will go a long way eh'
ja
Back to top Go down
wildmotha

wildmotha

R² Reliabilty Empty
PostSubject: Re: R² Reliabilty   R² Reliabilty EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 7:03 pm

I agree, yamaha is extremely reliable, my family and I have had a lot of them! I bought a neglected WRR with 800 miles on it. It had SEVERE rust in the tank. I sand blasted the tank and cleaned the fuel pump, runs great, except for a strange stalling problem if you blip the throttle too quickly while on idle. However, the bike ran ok with all that rust in the tank, there was tons of rust sedaments in the fuel pump filter, it was really unbelievable how much things were clogged, and that the bike still preformed pretty normal. The sending unit looked like it was soaked in salwater, I took a steel brush to the fuel pump injector and everything I could. Yamaha makes a fantastic machine, my moto for anything has always been, if yamaha makes it, buy it!
Back to top Go down
texascycle

texascycle

R² Reliabilty Empty
PostSubject: Re: R² Reliabilty   R² Reliabilty EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 4:54 pm

I had a problem with my helmet lock not locking in the first couple of weeks. Took it by the shop and they warranteed the part replacement ... however, after I got home from the shop, I decided to fiddle with it, sprayed some lube, jiggled it, hit it with the back end of a screw driver ... works perfect now.

No other problems in the next few months, but I noticed the foam strip between the tail light and its housing vibrated loose after a long, hot, and hard (thats what she said) ride on gravel roads. I kept trying to shove it back in there but ended up using a tube patch square on each edge instead. They are still holding tight.
Back to top Go down
skierd

R² Reliabilty Empty
PostSubject: Re: R² Reliabilty   R² Reliabilty EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 10:48 pm

6200 miles, no problems, issues, or concerns regarding reliability. Leaving Thursday for a 5500 mile road trip.
Back to top Go down
10Cup

10Cup

R² Reliabilty Empty
PostSubject: Perfect.....   R² Reliabilty EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 8:07 pm

28,000 Miles ...............PERFECT!

Last edited by 10Cup on Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bikepsych

R² Reliabilty Empty
PostSubject: Re: R² Reliabilty   R² Reliabilty EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 7:52 pm

Not many miles, only 2,000, but 1.6 years and no problems. Heading out to Death Valley mid March. Gonna run with a VStrom 1000 and BMW GS1200. Will advise on how much they hate me when I'm done. wings
Back to top Go down
Dancamp

R² Reliabilty Empty
PostSubject: Re: R² Reliabilty   R² Reliabilty EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 9:45 am

10,000km.

One problem.

The neutral switch that doesn't work when bike is hot.

The neutral light doesn't light when in neutral thus can't put on the side stand whith engine running even when in neutral.
Back to top Go down
GsVs

R² Reliabilty Empty
PostSubject: now ??   R² Reliabilty EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 10:16 am

Hey 10Cup ...

I know you have a bunch more .... How many miles do you have on your WR now ?? Still PERFECT ??

GsVs

10Cup wrote:
12,000 Miles ...............PERFECT!
Back to top Go down
mick wr250r

mick wr250r

R² Reliabilty Empty
PostSubject: Re: R² Reliabilty   R² Reliabilty EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 4:28 pm

08 wr 4650 miles on it had the fuel pump issue but stripped it (it can be done) going great they r a great bike
Back to top Go down
skierd

R² Reliabilty Empty
PostSubject: Re: R² Reliabilty   R² Reliabilty EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 1:54 am

First 2008, just under 18,000 miles, only problem was it was stolen.

Current 2008, 15,750 miles, side stand switch busted. Solved by removing the switch and tying the wires together.
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

R² Reliabilty Empty
PostSubject: Re: R² Reliabilty   R² Reliabilty EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 2:20 am

This thread has been going for over two years and is just about the deadest topic on the entire forum.

I guess it is safe to say they're reliable...
Back to top Go down
ramz

R² Reliabilty Empty
PostSubject: Re: R² Reliabilty   R² Reliabilty EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 2:29 am

Quote :
First 2008, just under 18,000 miles, only problem was it was stolen.
Current 2008, 15,750 miles, side stand switch busted. Solved by removing the switch and tying the wires together.
So all you can do is bellyache about the WRR ...

hide

lol!
Back to top Go down
greer

R² Reliabilty Empty
PostSubject: Re: R² Reliabilty   R² Reliabilty EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 6:44 am

Showing 20,xxx miles; all good.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
resqman911

R² Reliabilty Empty
PostSubject: Re: R² Reliabilty   R² Reliabilty EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 11:42 am

This is the reason I choose this bike over more dirt worthy bikes, I traded a little performance in the dirt for a whole lot of reliability everywhere. I love this thing.
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

R² Reliabilty Empty
PostSubject: Re: R² Reliabilty   R² Reliabilty EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 1:18 pm

I can change the name of this thread to "The Most Boring, Irrelevant Thread On The Forum" if anyone would like...

Discussing the reliability of this bike is like watching paint dry for entertainment value.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

R² Reliabilty Empty
PostSubject: Re: R² Reliabilty   R² Reliabilty Empty

Back to top Go down

R² Reliabilty
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: General :: WRR/X General Discussion-
Jump to: