Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Johnnyadventurepants's WRX/R Pics

Go down 
+2
X-Racer
johnnyadventurepants
6 posters
AuthorMessage
johnnyadventurepants

johnnyadventurepants

Johnnyadventurepants's WRX/R Pics Empty
PostSubject: Johnnyadventurepants's WRX/R Pics   Johnnyadventurepants's WRX/R Pics EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 12:30 pm

So I just picked up a used 2008 WRX with knobbies and a 21" front rim and only 1500 miles. I wanted an R but I always liked the black frame and rims of the X so I got just what I wanted. I was chomping at the bit to go ride it and went out yesterday for the first time. The wise thing to do is head up slippery, snow and iced covered slopes while riding solo, right? Well, with much hard work, fishtailing, getting stuck, sliding sideways, etc I made it to the top of Sumas Mtn. It was very cold and so windy up top that I had to tie my gloves and backpack to the radio tower fence so they wouldn't blow away. Here's a few pics:

Johnnyadventurepants's WRX/R Pics 016

Johnnyadventurepants's WRX/R Pics 019

Johnnyadventurepants's WRX/R Pics 020

Johnnyadventurepants's WRX/R Pics 023

Johnnyadventurepants's WRX/R Pics 026

Johnnyadventurepants's WRX/R Pics 029

Johnnyadventurepants's WRX/R Pics 031x

I also went down at speed for the first time ever. Going about 30 mph on a straightaway the bike just went out from under me on ice. I'm a little sore but no harm done. I'm used to riding the trails on a Triumph Tiger, so the WRX feels like a bicycle to me.
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Johnnyadventurepants's WRX/R Pics   Johnnyadventurepants's WRX/R Pics EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 1:56 pm

johnnyadventurepants wrote:
The wise thing to do is head up slippery, snow and iced covered slopes while riding solo, right?

Johnnyadventurepants's WRX/R Pics 016

I also went down at speed for the first time ever. Going about 30 mph on a straightaway the bike just went out from under me on ice.

I'm not sure I agree with the rhetorical question. I'd find someone to ride with. I was on a mtn trail, hit ice, went lock-to-lock and saved it, but the potential result would have been life threatening.

....but of course you ARE Johnny Adventure Pants. Just be careful out there alone.

The picture is GREAT ! ...and congratulations !
Back to top Go down
johnnyadventurepants

johnnyadventurepants

PostSubject: Re: Johnnyadventurepants's WRX/R Pics   Johnnyadventurepants's WRX/R Pics EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 2:49 pm

Yeah, I hear you. I have a wife and 4 kids at home waiting for me so I don't go over my head. One thing that really helps is that I'm 6'8" 250 lbs so my longs legs kept me from dumping the bike about 30 times!
Back to top Go down
Drifter Dave

PostSubject: Re: Johnnyadventurepants's WRX/R Pics   Johnnyadventurepants's WRX/R Pics EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 7:23 pm

Here's what I recommend for solo adventures. Almost silly not to have one. This will make sure you still hit the trails even alone:

http://www.findmespot.com/en/index.php?cid=101
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: Johnnyadventurepants's WRX/R Pics   Johnnyadventurepants's WRX/R Pics EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 1:46 pm

I like the white wheels with black frame thumb looks like a great trip!
Back to top Go down
jyam

jyam

PostSubject: Re: Johnnyadventurepants's WRX/R Pics   Johnnyadventurepants's WRX/R Pics EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 8:44 pm

droooool WHOA WHOA...that's a cool lookin' x johnyadventurepants haha.Too bad they do handel like shit in the snow,i was going to stud up this year but it hasn't happened yet too many other things to do in the DEEP!!Pretty cool pics on the cut block thou is that Mt.Rainier?Looks really good with those boots too

johnny adventure snowpants ha
Back to top Go down
johnnyadventurepants

johnnyadventurepants

PostSubject: Re: Johnnyadventurepants's WRX/R Pics   Johnnyadventurepants's WRX/R Pics EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 9:04 pm

jyam wrote:
is that Mt.Rainier?

No, that's Mt. Baker. I never get sick of taking pics of it. I can see it from my house. Here's another pic of Baker from last summer that's alot closer.

Johnnyadventurepants's WRX/R Pics 6ddbcf8d
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Johnnyadventurepants's WRX/R Pics   Johnnyadventurepants's WRX/R Pics EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 11:50 pm

droooool I wanna come back as you (or where you live anyways).
Back to top Go down
soggytire

soggytire

PostSubject: Re: Johnnyadventurepants's WRX/R Pics   Johnnyadventurepants's WRX/R Pics EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 1:19 am

Johnny
Let's plan a baker vs rainier run this summer. Post pics and let the forum vote. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Johnnyadventurepants's WRX/R Pics   Johnnyadventurepants's WRX/R Pics Empty

Back to top Go down

Johnnyadventurepants's WRX/R Pics
Page 1 of 1