Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

crotch rocket exhaust - DONE

Go down 
+10
sswrx
trav72
DougZ
spacecadet
blueridge72
combo
YZEtc
GaryH
motokid
toast
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
4play

4play

crotch rocket exhaust - DONE - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: crotch rocket exhaust - DONE   crotch rocket exhaust - DONE - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 11:15 pm

I fired it up with the very long & fat 18FO muffler bolted up & love the sound. Deep
I like it so much I pulled the trigger on a 40F0 can. I could have easily bought a new Q or RS-4 for what I spent on the mid pipe, flange, spark arrestor & muffler so I didn't save any money. I will have a system I will like much better and won't require repacking.

Rsteiger, thanks for the tip on the TB mid pipe. Does that clamped flange arrangement tend to loosen up from rough riding? I was thinking I may weld it.
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: crotch rocket exhaust - DONE   crotch rocket exhaust - DONE - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 11:24 am

4play wrote:
Rsteiger, thanks for the tip on the TB mid pipe. Does that clamped flange arrangement tend to loosen up from rough riding? I was thinking I may weld it.

I haven't had an issue with it getting loose in about 3000 miles of DS riding it seems pretty solid once tightened up.

However, if you know some one that can weld stainless I would recommend having the flange welded to the midpipe since it just makes it easier to take apart if you should have too. I am planning on doing that to mine in Feb when I drop it off at my buddies house who will be making up some hybrid Wolfman side racks for me. I guess they don't make their racks any more due to the new mounting system coming out so I decided to make my own hybrid version that will allow me to run the Wolfman bags or my E21's.
Back to top Go down
4play

4play

PostSubject: Re: crotch rocket exhaust - DONE   crotch rocket exhaust - DONE - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 11:33 am

Thanks, yeah I think I'll plan on welding it, might even tweak the pipe a bit. The 18 can is definitely louder than stock, but not obnoxious. Really deep at idle & revved up it has more of an F1 sound than a blat, blat, blat of a FMF glaspack.

I bought a set of BRmoto hoops to make a set for mine.
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: crotch rocket exhaust - DONE   crotch rocket exhaust - DONE - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 3:31 pm

4play wrote:
Thanks, yeah I think I'll plan on welding it, might even tweak the pipe a bit. The 18 can is definitely louder than stock, but not obnoxious. Really deep at idle & revved up it has more of an F1 sound than a blat, blat, blat of a FMF glaspack.

I bought a set of BRmoto hoops to make a set for mine.

Thanks for the lead on BR Moto! Will do the same!
Back to top Go down
4play

4play

PostSubject: Re: crotch rocket exhaust - DONE   crotch rocket exhaust - DONE - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 6:24 pm

I got the left side done

crotch rocket exhaust - DONE - Page 3 Photo-6
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: crotch rocket exhaust - DONE   crotch rocket exhaust - DONE - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

crotch rocket exhaust - DONE
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3