Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Yamaha Rear Rack

Go down 
+2
Dancamp
asaucier
6 posters
AuthorMessage
asaucier

Yamaha Rear Rack Empty
PostSubject: Yamaha Rear Rack   Yamaha Rear Rack EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 8:09 pm

So to the people running the Yamaha rack What do you think of it? Will it hold up to some ruff rides?
Al
Back to top Go down
Dancamp

Yamaha Rear Rack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yamaha Rear Rack   Yamaha Rear Rack EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 9:47 pm

I don't have the Yamaha but the way it is built inspires confidence.

The way it is mounted puts less stress on the subframe.
Back to top Go down
TBird1

TBird1

Yamaha Rear Rack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yamaha Rear Rack   Yamaha Rear Rack EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 10:12 pm

Dancamp wrote:
I don't have the Yamaha but the way it is built inspires confidence.

The way it is mounted puts less stress on the subframe.

That was the main reason I bought mine. So far, I've only lashed down my lunch cooler for my commute to work. I have a Givi adaper waiting to go on for my 47 liter top box. That will be a good test. Some others have bolted a Rotopax mount to theirs. I have seen NO word of anyone breaking their Yamaha rack.
Back to top Go down
Boondocker

Boondocker

Yamaha Rear Rack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yamaha Rear Rack   Yamaha Rear Rack EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 3:25 am

I mount a 1-gallon Rotopax and Wolfman Tail Bag with tire irons, air pump, and other stuff. The only problem is swinging your leg over that stack.
Back to top Go down
njbill

njbill

Yamaha Rear Rack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yamaha Rear Rack   Yamaha Rear Rack EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 10:27 am

I have the OEM rack. It is very solid. It does not have the surface area of the aftermarket racks but, in my opinion, it looks much better. I hope this helps with your decision.
Back to top Go down
bikepsych

Yamaha Rear Rack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yamaha Rear Rack   Yamaha Rear Rack EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 7:47 pm

I have the GYTR rear rack and really like its solid feel. I added a Givi Mount adapter and love the ability to slap my Givi trunk or smaller box on the back for waterproof storage.

Bruce
Back to top Go down
asaucier

Yamaha Rear Rack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yamaha Rear Rack   Yamaha Rear Rack EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 1:40 pm

Thanks for the feed back. I love the look but hated the price. Reminds me of the last time I was in Vagas:). I did order the rack and waiting for it to arrive. Not much of a problem, Maine still has snow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Yamaha Rear Rack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yamaha Rear Rack   Yamaha Rear Rack Empty

Back to top Go down

Yamaha Rear Rack
Page 1 of 1