Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Share | 
 

 What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Which one is the best bang for the buck?
FMF EFI Programmer
69%
 69% [ 20 ]
Dynojet autotune PC-V
17%
 17% [ 5 ]
Attitude Industries
14%
 14% [ 4 ]
Something else you are going to tell us about!
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 29
 

AuthorMessage
zone47

avatar


PostSubject: What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck?   Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:04 am

.... and which one would be useful for taking a reading and/or setting up a fuel curve on an older pre EFI vehicle? scratch
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

avatar


PostSubject: Re: What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck?   Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:24 am

I don't understand the question.
Back to top Go down
zone47

avatar


PostSubject: Re: What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck?   Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:47 am

YZEtc wrote:
I don't understand the question.

Hmmm, ok how about; What is the best and most versatile fuel management system for the money?


... or we could simplify it even more and say, what fuel management system works the best on the WRR?
Back to top Go down
motokid
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck?   Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:00 am

Sort of like asking who makes the best pizza.

It's a personal choice as to what each person wants/needs.

There's got to be dozens of threads here on EFI units and their differences.

Start searching, and start reading.


_________________
2008 WR250X
Gearing: 13t - 48t
Power Commander 5 / PC-V
Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
zone47

avatar


PostSubject: Re: What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck?   Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:09 am

motokid wrote:
Sort of like asking who makes the best pizza.

It's a personal choice as to what each person wants/needs.

There's got to be dozens of threads here on EFI units and their differences.

Start searching, and start reading.


Yeah I have already. I figured a poll would be a good way to gather personal preference in one place.... but maybe not. dunno Thanks anyway.
Back to top Go down
motokid
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck?   Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:22 am

So define what you mean by "best".

Best for what? Best for whom?

Again, it's like asking what's the best ice cream.

Best isn't a quantifiable term.

Your poll results will have no value unless you define what YOU are looking for.




_________________
2008 WR250X
Gearing: 13t - 48t
Power Commander 5 / PC-V
Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

avatar


PostSubject: Re: What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck?   Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:12 pm

Well, my preference is the FMF. I've heard good things, read good things, love their pipes, they're easy to hook up, no computer needed, and can usually get one for pretty cheap. That's why I choose the FMF ice cream and pizza!
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

avatar


PostSubject: Re: What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck?   Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:35 pm

The most versatile (and the most expensive) is the PC-V with the Autotune add-on. It utilizes an O2 sensor to dial in the optimal fuel/air ratio for elevation, the mods you have made and for your style of riding. It's the best thing going right now.
Back to top Go down
motokid
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck?   Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:48 pm

Many of us here like these:

Attitude Industries <-- clicky


Very much identical to FmF...but cheaper. (at least they were when I bought mine)


_________________
2008 WR250X
Gearing: 13t - 48t
Power Commander 5 / PC-V
Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
zone47

avatar


PostSubject: Re: What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck?   Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:36 pm

motokid wrote:
So define what you mean by "best".

Best for what? Best for whom?

Again, it's like asking what's the best ice cream.

Best isn't a quantifiable term.

Your poll results will have no value unless you define what YOU are looking for.






I like ice cream!

droooool


BuilderBob wrote:
The most versatile (and the most expensive) is the PC-V with the Autotune add-on. It utilizes an O2 sensor to dial in the optimal fuel/air ratio for elevation, the mods you have made and for your style of riding. It's the best thing going right now.


Thanks Bob, I do think I may try it out! I did some searching around today and found this: http://www.rickramsey.net/WR250Rtuning.htm






Last edited by zone47 on Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
motokid
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck?   Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:48 pm

Now see....all you had to do was ask which EFI programmer is the most expensive and offers the largest range of adjustment possible.


If you'd have done that, everybody here would have said PCIII or PCV.


Happy Wednesday.




Very happy

_________________
2008 WR250X
Gearing: 13t - 48t
Power Commander 5 / PC-V
Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
zone47

avatar


PostSubject: Re: What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck?   Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:52 pm

motokid wrote:
Now see....all you had to do was ask which EFI programmer is the most expensive and offers the largest range of adjustment possible.


If you'd have done that, everybody here would have said PCIII or PCV.


Happy Wednesday.




Very happy




Once I get it set up, I'm throwing a FREE Pizza and Ice Cream party for everyone in this thread ! ! ! ! ! ! freaky
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

avatar


PostSubject: Re: What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck?   Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:16 pm

Just don't be a stupid @$$ like I was and do $1200 of upgrades including Powerbomb, Q4 and FMF programmer and then DROP YOUR FREAKING FUEL TANK (like I did) and break the fuel line connector (attached to fuel pump)!!!!! Should be getting another fuel pump tomorrow and swap the part that broke, so I can finally test my new FMF'S!!!
Back to top Go down
motokid
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck?   Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:22 pm

Make it pizza and beer and I'll be there...... dutch dutch dutch

_________________
2008 WR250X
Gearing: 13t - 48t
Power Commander 5 / PC-V
Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
zone47

avatar


PostSubject: Re: What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck?   Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:39 am

Midnite171 wrote:
Just don't be a stupid @$$ like I was and do $1200 of upgrades including Powerbomb, Q4 and FMF programmer and then DROP YOUR FREAKING FUEL TANK (like I did) and break the fuel line connector (attached to fuel pump)!!!!! Should be getting another fuel pump tomorrow and swap the part that broke, so I can finally test my new FMF'S!!!


yeow !! not good!! cry Sorry to hear that and I'll be extra careful.

Give up a performance report when you are done ! ! ! amazon
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

avatar


PostSubject: Re: What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck?   Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:49 pm

zone47 wrote:

Thanks Bob, I do think I may try it out! I did some searching around today and found this: http://www.rickramsey.net/WR250Rtuning.htm

You'll like it a lot. Thanks for the link! Good info there.
Back to top Go down
motokid
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck?   Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:23 pm

zone47 wrote:


Thanks Bob, I do think I may try it out! I did some searching around today and found this: http://www.rickramsey.net/WR250Rtuning.htm



nicked from the link provided...

Quote :
I never use full throttle! Another surprise - I never rev the motor beyond 7,500 RPM.
eeek eeek

I sure hope the author of that piece fixed his riding a bit....

Maybe it was the crossed wires?


_________________
2008 WR250X
Gearing: 13t - 48t
Power Commander 5 / PC-V
Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
David Haynes

avatar


PostSubject: Haven't seen a need...   Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:58 am

...for an aftermarket programmer.

About 1,200 miles ago I removed the EX-UP and AIS stuff, opened the top of the airbox, and added a K&N air filter and FMF PC4 pipe.

Simultaneously I ran a ground wire from the diagnostics plug-in (in the lean angle sensor bundle) to allow me to access the CO settings using the onboard computer.

This gives you a tach and a total of 61 (-30 to +30) settings to choose from and can be adjusted on the fly. After less than an hour of riding around to test, I changed mine from the factory - 4 setting to a + 3 setting to richen up the mixture and now the bike absolutely RIPS. I can't imagine a $250 programmer giving me anything better.

Bike cranks right up, runs like a scalded dog once warmed up, can poke along all day on a technical trail without the radiator fan coming on and hasn't had a single hiccup. Oh yeah, will run 90 mph (GPS indicated) even with the 12T CS sprocket I went to from the stock 13T.

Works for me. thumb
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

avatar


PostSubject: Re: What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck?   Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:41 pm

Well, if you don't try it, you'll never miss it. thumb
Back to top Go down
Daamud

avatar


PostSubject: Re: What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck?   Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:52 pm

David Haynes wrote:
...for an aftermarket programmer.

About 1,200 miles ago I removed the EX-UP and AIS stuff, opened the top of the airbox, and added a K&N air filter and FMF PC4 pipe.

Simultaneously I ran a ground wire from the diagnostics plug-in (in the lean angle sensor bundle) to allow me to access the CO settings using the onboard computer.

This gives you a tach and a total of 61 (-30 to +30) settings to choose from and can be adjusted on the fly. After less than an hour of riding around to test, I changed mine from the factory - 4 setting to a + 3 setting to richen up the mixture and now the bike absolutely RIPS. I can't imagine a $250 programmer giving me anything better.

Bike cranks right up, runs like a scalded dog once warmed up, can poke along all day on a technical trail without the radiator fan coming on and hasn't had a single hiccup. Oh yeah, will run 90 mph (GPS indicated) even with the 12T CS sprocket I went to from the stock 13T.

Works for me. thumb

Is there a detailed write up on this anywhere?

I'm dieing to try this!
Back to top Go down
Monkeynuts




PostSubject: Re: What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck?   Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:55 pm

Will you ship hot pizza and cold ice cream to the uk please Very happy
Back to top Go down
Legend

avatar


PostSubject: Re: What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck?   Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:48 pm

i am still undecided atm i like the FMF & PCV with the autotune my wr has the 02 sensor standard so i dont know how the PCV and its 02 sensor for the autotune will work with the factory ecu
Who is using the PCV with autotune ? any results
the FMF for the money is cheap as from biocycles and with all the settings around to tune it its hard to beat thumb

Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
avatar


PostSubject: Re: What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck?   Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:42 pm

Added the Attitude cause it's very popular.

_________________
A wolf's voice echoed down the mountain 'Share the bounty of the hunt with your brothers and sisters, and forever be strong and free.'
Back to top Go down
motokid
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck?   Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:59 am

SheWolf wrote:
Added the Attitude cause it's very popular.

And the AI unit doesn't seem to have that pesky glitch that the FmF unit has. <--- clicky Very happy

_________________
2008 WR250X
Gearing: 13t - 48t
Power Commander 5 / PC-V
Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
avatar


PostSubject: Re: What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck?   Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:25 am

AI FTW. Never had any problems with this box, even being the first gen model.

_________________
A wolf's voice echoed down the mountain 'Share the bounty of the hunt with your brothers and sisters, and forever be strong and free.'
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck?   

Back to top Go down
 
What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck?
» Can I run exhaust without fuel/engine management?
» wiseco fuel efi programmer
» k100 85 stall on the road
» New WRR Owner, question about Fuel Management

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: Technical :: Pipes 'n Programmers-
Jump to: