Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck?

Go down 
+6
David Haynes
BuilderBob
Midnite171
motokid
YZEtc
zone47
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Which one is the best bang for the buck?
FMF EFI Programmer
What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck? Empty69%What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck? Empty
 69% [ 20 ]
Dynojet autotune PC-V
What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck? Empty17%What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck? Empty
 17% [ 5 ]
Attitude Industries
What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck? Empty14%What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck? Empty
 14% [ 4 ]
Something else you are going to tell us about!
What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck? Empty0%What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck? Empty
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 29

AuthorMessage
zone47

zone47

What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck? Empty
PostSubject: What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck?   What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck? EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 9:04 am

.... and which one would be useful for taking a reading and/or setting up a fuel curve on an older pre EFI vehicle? scratch
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck?   What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck? EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 10:24 am

I don't understand the question.
Back to top Go down
zone47

zone47

PostSubject: Re: What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck?   What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck? EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 10:47 am

YZEtc wrote:
I don't understand the question.

Hmmm, ok how about; What is the best and most versatile fuel management system for the money?

... or we could simplify it even more and say, what fuel management system works the best on the WRR?
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck?   What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck? EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 11:00 am

Sort of like asking who makes the best pizza.

It's a personal choice as to what each person wants/needs.

There's got to be dozens of threads here on EFI units and their differences.

Start searching, and start reading.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
zone47

zone47

PostSubject: Re: What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck?   What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck? EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 11:09 am

motokid wrote:
Sort of like asking who makes the best pizza.

It's a personal choice as to what each person wants/needs.

There's got to be dozens of threads here on EFI units and their differences.

Start searching, and start reading.

Yeah I have already. I figured a poll would be a good way to gather personal preference in one place.... but maybe not. dunno Thanks anyway.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck?   What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck? EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 11:22 am

So define what you mean by "best".

Best for what? Best for whom?

Again, it's like asking what's the best ice cream.

Best isn't a quantifiable term.

Your poll results will have no value unless you define what YOU are looking for.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck?   What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck? EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 1:12 pm

Well, my preference is the FMF. I've heard good things, read good things, love their pipes, they're easy to hook up, no computer needed, and can usually get one for pretty cheap. That's why I choose the FMF ice cream and pizza!
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

PostSubject: Re: What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck?   What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck? EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 1:35 pm

The most versatile (and the most expensive) is the PC-V with the Autotune add-on. It utilizes an O2 sensor to dial in the optimal fuel/air ratio for elevation, the mods you have made and for your style of riding. It's the best thing going right now.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck?   What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck? EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 1:48 pm

Many of us here like these:

Attitude Industries <-- clicky

Very much identical to FmF...but cheaper. (at least they were when I bought mine)

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
zone47

zone47

PostSubject: Re: What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck?   What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck? EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 7:36 pm

motokid wrote:
So define what you mean by "best".

Best for what? Best for whom?

Again, it's like asking what's the best ice cream.

Best isn't a quantifiable term.

Your poll results will have no value unless you define what YOU are looking for.

I like ice cream!

droooool

BuilderBob wrote:
The most versatile (and the most expensive) is the PC-V with the Autotune add-on. It utilizes an O2 sensor to dial in the optimal fuel/air ratio for elevation, the mods you have made and for your style of riding. It's the best thing going right now.

Thanks Bob, I do think I may try it out! I did some searching around today and found this: http://www.rickramsey.net/WR250Rtuning.htm

Last edited by zone47 on Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck?   What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck? EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 7:48 pm

Now see....all you had to do was ask which EFI programmer is the most expensive and offers the largest range of adjustment possible.

If you'd have done that, everybody here would have said PCIII or PCV.

Happy Wednesday.

Very happy

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
zone47

zone47

PostSubject: Re: What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck?   What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck? EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 7:52 pm

motokid wrote:
Now see....all you had to do was ask which EFI programmer is the most expensive and offers the largest range of adjustment possible.

If you'd have done that, everybody here would have said PCIII or PCV.

Happy Wednesday.

Very happy

Once I get it set up, I'm throwing a FREE Pizza and Ice Cream party for everyone in this thread ! ! ! ! ! ! freaky
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck?   What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck? EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 8:16 pm

Just don't be a stupid @$$ like I was and do $1200 of upgrades including Powerbomb, Q4 and FMF programmer and then DROP YOUR FREAKING FUEL TANK (like I did) and break the fuel line connector (attached to fuel pump)!!!!! Should be getting another fuel pump tomorrow and swap the part that broke, so I can finally test my new FMF'S!!!
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck?   What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck? EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 9:22 pm

Make it pizza and beer and I'll be there...... dutch dutch dutch

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
zone47

zone47

PostSubject: Re: What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck?   What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck? EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 8:39 am

Midnite171 wrote:
Just don't be a stupid @$$ like I was and do $1200 of upgrades including Powerbomb, Q4 and FMF programmer and then DROP YOUR FREAKING FUEL TANK (like I did) and break the fuel line connector (attached to fuel pump)!!!!! Should be getting another fuel pump tomorrow and swap the part that broke, so I can finally test my new FMF'S!!!

yeow !! not good!! cry Sorry to hear that and I'll be extra careful.

Give up a performance report when you are done ! ! ! amazon
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

PostSubject: Re: What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck?   What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck? EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 12:49 pm

zone47 wrote:

Thanks Bob, I do think I may try it out! I did some searching around today and found this: http://www.rickramsey.net/WR250Rtuning.htm

You'll like it a lot. Thanks for the link! Good info there.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck?   What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck? EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 1:23 pm

zone47 wrote:

nicked from the link provided...

Quote :
I never use full throttle! Another surprise - I never rev the motor beyond 7,500 RPM.
eeek eeek

I sure hope the author of that piece fixed his riding a bit....

Maybe it was the crossed wires?

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
David Haynes

David Haynes

PostSubject: Haven't seen a need...   What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck? EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 9:58 am

...for an aftermarket programmer.

About 1,200 miles ago I removed the EX-UP and AIS stuff, opened the top of the airbox, and added a K&N air filter and FMF PC4 pipe.

Simultaneously I ran a ground wire from the diagnostics plug-in (in the lean angle sensor bundle) to allow me to access the CO settings using the onboard computer.

This gives you a tach and a total of 61 (-30 to +30) settings to choose from and can be adjusted on the fly. After less than an hour of riding around to test, I changed mine from the factory - 4 setting to a + 3 setting to richen up the mixture and now the bike absolutely RIPS. I can't imagine a $250 programmer giving me anything better.

Bike cranks right up, runs like a scalded dog once warmed up, can poke along all day on a technical trail without the radiator fan coming on and hasn't had a single hiccup. Oh yeah, will run 90 mph (GPS indicated) even with the 12T CS sprocket I went to from the stock 13T.

Works for me. thumb
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck?   What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck? EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 3:41 pm

Well, if you don't try it, you'll never miss it. thumb
Back to top Go down
Daamud

Daamud

PostSubject: Re: What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck?   What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck? EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 11:52 pm

David Haynes wrote:
...for an aftermarket programmer.

About 1,200 miles ago I removed the EX-UP and AIS stuff, opened the top of the airbox, and added a K&N air filter and FMF PC4 pipe.

Simultaneously I ran a ground wire from the diagnostics plug-in (in the lean angle sensor bundle) to allow me to access the CO settings using the onboard computer.

This gives you a tach and a total of 61 (-30 to +30) settings to choose from and can be adjusted on the fly. After less than an hour of riding around to test, I changed mine from the factory - 4 setting to a + 3 setting to richen up the mixture and now the bike absolutely RIPS. I can't imagine a $250 programmer giving me anything better.

Bike cranks right up, runs like a scalded dog once warmed up, can poke along all day on a technical trail without the radiator fan coming on and hasn't had a single hiccup. Oh yeah, will run 90 mph (GPS indicated) even with the 12T CS sprocket I went to from the stock 13T.

Works for me. thumb

Is there a detailed write up on this anywhere?

I'm dieing to try this!
Back to top Go down
Monkeynuts

PostSubject: Re: What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck?   What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck? EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 6:55 pm

Will you ship hot pizza and cold ice cream to the uk please Very happy
Back to top Go down
Legend

Legend

PostSubject: Re: What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck?   What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck? EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 7:48 pm

i am still undecided atm i like the FMF & PCV with the autotune my wr has the 02 sensor standard so i dont know how the PCV and its 02 sensor for the autotune will work with the factory ecu
Who is using the PCV with autotune ? any results
the FMF for the money is cheap as from biocycles and with all the settings around to tune it its hard to beat thumb

Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck?   What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck? EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 8:42 pm

Added the Attitude cause it's very popular. What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck? 61865

A wolf's voice echoed down the mountain 'Share the bounty of the hunt with your brothers and sisters, and forever be strong and free.' What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck? Wolf_b10
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck?   What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck? EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 7:59 am

SheWolf wrote:
Added the Attitude cause it's very popular. What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck? 61865

And the AI unit doesn't seem to have that pesky glitch that the FmF unit has. <--- clicky Very happy

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck?   What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck? EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 11:25 am

AI FTW. What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck? 93746 Never had any problems with this box, even being the first gen model. What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck? 61865

A wolf's voice echoed down the mountain 'Share the bounty of the hunt with your brothers and sisters, and forever be strong and free.' What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck? Wolf_b10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck?   What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck? Empty

Back to top Go down

What fuel management programmer is the best bang / buck?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next