Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Muddy ride in PA

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Addicted

Muddy ride in PA Empty
PostSubject: Muddy ride in PA   Muddy ride in PA EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 1:17 pm

I got the WR out for a nice ride last Sunday with another guy on a Husky 450.
Muddy ride in PA IMG_2767
We rode some trails through the woods and some dirt roads, and ended up tackling a local "road" called Mud Run. Most of it isn't too awful bad for smaller bikes with good tires, but there are a few huge deep holes with little option to go around. Here is the first major hole. Some UTV's pulled up after we went through / around. We could take the bikes up the side part way, but ended up having to shoot through a 20 foot long by about 2 foot deep mucky hole anyway.
Muddy ride in PA IMG_2769
Muddy ride in PA IMG_2770
Muddy ride in PA IMG_2773
Muddy ride in PA IMG_2780
The next long deep hole, Dave went through and his Husky was up to the air box in water (I think it ingested some water too). I didn't want to try my luck in there, so I tried going around. I learned my lesson. Through the hole is sometimes better. I got stuck in thick mucky crap.
I think I logged 30 miles. We had fun, and I'm sure we'll go back again.
Back to top Go down
boogn1sh

boogn1sh

Muddy ride in PA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muddy ride in PA   Muddy ride in PA EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 7:57 pm

Looks like a fun ride, all except the mud holes!! Bottomless holes like that swallow bikes, slow you down and just make a mess.
Plus all that mud build up adds serious weight, slowing you down even more.

I'd leave the monster mud holes to the UTVs and crazy farkers like SheWolf..... deal
Back to top Go down
BPG

BPG

Muddy ride in PA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muddy ride in PA   Muddy ride in PA EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 8:51 pm

Good stuff! Can't wait to get back up to PA this summer and get some riding in w/ ya!
Back to top Go down
Addicted

Muddy ride in PA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muddy ride in PA   Muddy ride in PA EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 9:01 pm

BPG wrote:
Good stuff! Can't wait to get back up to PA this summer and get some riding in w/ ya!

For sure! I don't plan to frequent that mud hole, but there's plenty of other nice riding around here.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Muddy ride in PA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muddy ride in PA   Muddy ride in PA EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 11:08 pm

Now THAT get my mojo goin'! thumb Oh man I so wanna go play in the mud. Maybe Tib and me will find some this weekend. wink

Muddy ride in PA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muddy ride in PA   Muddy ride in PA Empty

Back to top Go down

Muddy ride in PA
Page 1 of 1