Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Wow! I finally got to spend some serious time with the bike

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
zone47

zone47

Wow!  I finally got to spend some serious time with the bike Empty
PostSubject: Wow! I finally got to spend some serious time with the bike   Wow!  I finally got to spend some serious time with the bike EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 9:33 pm

.... today for the first time! It's been too cold and snowy or rainy since I bought it, but today it got up to 65 degrees !

This bike is really a LOT of fun! I rode most of the day until my butt got sore .... mostly on back streets and some easy trails, but what a hoot! This bike takes me back in time to how much fun my original Suzuki 185 was! eeek What I really like is how light and manuverable it is! To do a quick U-turn is soo easy compared to other bikes I've owned.

I did the flapper mod, the air pump mod, installed a FMF powercore 4, and went into the diags and set the c1 to 7. The bike revs pretty snappy and there are no flat spots in acceleration so I'm pretty happy with it. I bet with a programmer, there is more power to be had up top..... down low is seems a tad rich at the moment, I may play more with the factory C1 adjustments.

The weird thing is, I got my 2002 R6 out and rode it, and what normally is a razor sharp bike felt like it was steering like a truck.... after hopping off the WRR dddog ..... I'm thinking that the front tire may be a tad low ... I should have checked it. That suspension is bone jarring too .... probably only a measly 5 inches of travel! droooool

Gee! The WRR runs like a champ, ... so what should I do to it next? : scratch

Wow!  I finally got to spend some serious time with the bike 4vnx3q

Last edited by zone47 on Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Wow! I finally got to spend some serious time with the bike   Wow!  I finally got to spend some serious time with the bike EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 10:01 pm

This could be a stretch, but you could just ride it ! :)
Back to top Go down
GsVs

PostSubject: Re: Wow! I finally got to spend some serious time with the bike   Wow!  I finally got to spend some serious time with the bike EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 10:28 pm

Handgaurds ...
zone47 wrote:

Gee! The WRR runs like a champ, ... so what should I do to it next? : scratch

Wow!  I finally got to spend some serious time with the bike 4vnx3q
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: Wow! I finally got to spend some serious time with the bike   Wow!  I finally got to spend some serious time with the bike EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 6:49 pm

and fix those bent handle bars Very happy
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: Wow! I finally got to spend some serious time with the bike   Wow!  I finally got to spend some serious time with the bike EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 7:06 pm

Skidplate, hand guards, rad guard. Add mud and dirt as needed. thumb
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Wow! I finally got to spend some serious time with the bike   Wow!  I finally got to spend some serious time with the bike EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 7:26 pm

...and mirrors !

http://motoscience.mybisi.com/product/73808/KTM-OEM-Folding-mirror-243-or-280mm_326342.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wow! I finally got to spend some serious time with the bike   Wow!  I finally got to spend some serious time with the bike Empty

Back to top Go down

Wow! I finally got to spend some serious time with the bike
Page 1 of 1