Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

LED auxilliary lights?

Go down 
+3
galland1
cryptomundo
WRXR
7 posters
AuthorMessage
WRXR

WRXR

LED auxilliary lights? Empty
PostSubject: LED auxilliary lights?   LED auxilliary lights? EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 5:40 pm

Anybody running aux. LED lights on their bike? I am kinda thinking of the Vision X lights, they are not too expensive and seem to put out some good light.
My plan would be to put them where the stock blinkers are and get the Zeta Hand guards for the blinkers.

http://cyclebuy.com/shopping/visionx/index.htm

LED auxilliary lights? SolsticeLightPod
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: LED auxilliary lights?   LED auxilliary lights? EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 10:57 pm

funny you ask .. I just bought a pair from Vision X Wholesale .. got a good deal on the lights, switch, and wiring harness. I bought one 10 degree narrow beam and a 15 degree medium beam. IMO the stock headlight on the WR is worthless .. I hope adding these LED's will be worth it.

LED lights mounting: I have HDB setup and waiting for a pair of shields with blinkers (new .. check them out on HDB website). Once I replaced my blinkers, I plan to mount these just behind the headlight on either side, using the custom bracket I made for my old blinkers.

Im waiting on the HDM shields to arrive and then I can start installing everything. Once I have everything installed I will let you know how it works out and post some pics thumb
Back to top Go down
WRXR

WRXR

PostSubject: Re: LED auxilliary lights?   LED auxilliary lights? EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 7:21 pm

Cool. Wolesale? Where did you get them? droooool
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: LED auxilliary lights?   LED auxilliary lights? EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 7:02 am

here is a link to their website http://www.visionxwholesale.com/

I did not order from their website. I called and spoke to someone at vision x wholesale and the guy gave me some advice on what to buy and then quoted me a price (which was cheaper than the website).

I called Vision to ask a question and they recommended vision x wholesale to me
Back to top Go down
WRXR

WRXR

PostSubject: Re: LED auxilliary lights?   LED auxilliary lights? EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 1:47 pm

Ok thanks. Wooow I noticed they have a dimmer as well bannana
Back to top Go down
galland1

galland1

PostSubject: Re: LED auxilliary lights?   LED auxilliary lights? EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 8:18 pm

Or these.

http://stores.intuitwebsites.com/hstrial-QualiRegResou/-strse-LED-Lights/Categories.bok
Back to top Go down
Tammy

Tammy

PostSubject: Re: LED auxilliary lights?   LED auxilliary lights? EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 8:54 pm

WRXR wrote:
Anybody running aux. LED lights on their bike? I am kinda thinking of the Vision X lights, they are not too expensive and seem to put out some good light.
My plan would be to put them where the stock blinkers are and get the Zeta Hand guards for the blinkers.

http://cyclebuy.com/shopping/visionx/index.htm

LED auxilliary lights? SolsticeLightPod

I ran LED riding lights on the hand guards of my KLR and my DL and they really make the bike stand out day and night. Friends said it made it easy to see me coming down the road and they knew it was me long before they could see it was a bike...
+ they look bad ass out on the guards...

I would go with the hand guards but that's just me...
Back to top Go down
WRXR

WRXR

PostSubject: Re: LED auxilliary lights?   LED auxilliary lights? EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 9:10 pm

Do you have pics of them mounted?
Back to top Go down
Tammy

Tammy

PostSubject: Re: LED auxilliary lights?   LED auxilliary lights? EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 9:47 pm

WRXR wrote:
Do you have pics of them mounted?

DL

LED auxilliary lights? Lights

Can't find pics of the KLR but I used the same lights.. Had them made for me by a guy out in CA. They used MR16's and I used 3w MR16 LEDs.. I'll look for pics of the KLR..
Back to top Go down
WRXR

WRXR

PostSubject: Re: LED auxilliary lights?   LED auxilliary lights? EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 10:10 pm

Ok well I would mount mine closer to the body since I probably drop the bike here and there. Mounted on the hand guards wouldn't last long for me.
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: LED auxilliary lights?   LED auxilliary lights? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 12:25 am

well it was a somewhat nice out today and thought I would test out the LED's .. I thought I would post up a couple of picks so you can see where I am thinking to install them .. I removed my blinkers and bolted up the LED lights using the aluminum plates I used for my blinkers. I think this is going to work out pretty good .. for my blinker replacement, I will be installing the new HDB hand shields with blinkers. I tested the blinkers today and they are nice and bright .. I also turned on the LED's and those things are crazy bright .. sorry the pictures are not that great

LED auxilliary lights? Img_0113

LED auxilliary lights? Img_0114

I need to figure out how I want to do the cabling and then adjust their positions and then maybe I will try to make a vid or something so you can see how they work.
Back to top Go down
WRXR

WRXR

PostSubject: Re: LED auxilliary lights?   LED auxilliary lights? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 9:43 pm

Awesome man! Be sure to post more pics. Perfect location for the lights if zou ask me! thumb
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: LED auxilliary lights?   LED auxilliary lights? EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 8:01 pm

moved my lights today .. seems to be better than how i had them. if you look at the pictures above (when my bike was blue) you can see i had used a bracket to mount them on the top fork bracket .. i realized i could just use the metal bracket that connects the light cover, so i ditched the brackets and bolted em up. Pulls the lights in closer to the bike and the wiring is cleaner too. those two black buttons on my top clamp are the on/off switches for the lights.

LED auxilliary lights? Img_0036

LED auxilliary lights? Img_0037

Back to top Go down
IAmABug

PostSubject: Re: LED auxilliary lights?   LED auxilliary lights? EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 8:15 pm

I think I just found my new lights. That's a brilliant place for them to. Good idea. The switches, one for each light i would think right?
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: LED auxilliary lights?   LED auxilliary lights? EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 8:41 pm

IAmABug wrote:
I think I just found my new lights. That's a brilliant place for them to. Good idea. The switches, one for each light i would think right?

yeah switch for each
Back to top Go down
Gany

PostSubject: Re: LED auxilliary lights?   LED auxilliary lights? EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 6:08 pm

I like the look of the solstice. A lot of rally bikes using them too but a bit pricey.

Waiting on this to arrive in the post but seems to pump out a massive amount of light at 3600 lumens!
Advmonster.com model 60 light. Discount for advrider inmates too.
http://stores.intuitwebsites.com/hstrial-QualiRegResou/-strse-41/Model-60-LED-off/Detail.bok
Back to top Go down
galland1

galland1

PostSubject: Re: LED auxilliary lights?   LED auxilliary lights? EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 12:44 pm

Gany wrote:
I like the look of the solstice. A lot of rally bikes using them too but a bit pricey.

Waiting on this to arrive in the post but seems to pump out a massive amount of light at 3600 lumens!
Advmonster.com model 60 light. Discount for advrider inmates too.
http://stores.intuitwebsites.com/hstrial-QualiRegResou/-strse-41/Model-60-LED-off/Detail.bok

That is a blaster. I have the 44 mounted on a ram mount and it's sometimes too bright.

LED auxilliary lights? P1010039
Back to top Go down
IAmABug

PostSubject: Re: LED auxilliary lights?   LED auxilliary lights? EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 10:15 pm

To bright for what
Back to top Go down
galland1

galland1

PostSubject: Re: LED auxilliary lights?   LED auxilliary lights? EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 12:52 pm

IAmABug wrote:
To bright for what
I run mine on deserted backroads occasionally. I really helps to see the deer waiting to jump into the road. The reflection from signs are so bright it hurts your eyes and you loose night vision. Offroad they are great.
Back to top Go down
Rapid Dog

PostSubject: Mondo LEDs   LED auxilliary lights? EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 10:43 am

http://www.mondomotos.com/product/led/

getting a pair of these, very high rating over at ADVRider: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=18229712#post18229712

Tell 'em Rapid Dog sent ya!

LED auxilliary lights? Mm12front
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: LED auxilliary lights?   LED auxilliary lights? EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 12:19 pm

look pretty good .. they seem bigger than the ones i have .. i wonder about the weight .. if i were to replace mine i would want the same size or smaller, also lighter weight, and more light. all in all the ones i have are working out great.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LED auxilliary lights?   LED auxilliary lights? Empty

Back to top Go down

LED auxilliary lights?
Page 1 of 1