Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Has anyone ever drag raced one of these WRR/X 1/4 mile wise?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
zone47

zone47

Has anyone ever drag raced one of these WRR/X 1/4 mile wise? Empty
PostSubject: Has anyone ever drag raced one of these WRR/X 1/4 mile wise?   Has anyone ever drag raced one of these WRR/X 1/4 mile wise? EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 8:16 am

I usually take something to the track every summer a couple times. I thought the WRR would be fun to see what it could do ET and trap speed wise. I may take mine out to a test and tune night just for fun. I ran my 01 R1 for a best of 10.49 @ 133 a few years back, so let's do the math here and ..... scratch x4 and carry the 3.... hmmmm !

so! the WRR being 1/4th of an R1 should run around a 31.47 second quarter mile at about 33.25 mph droooool But then there is the weight issue, and the R1 is only about 440 lbs.... so that complicates things even further. dddog

Has anyone ever run theirs down the track? dunno
Back to top Go down
Hertz

Hertz

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever drag raced one of these WRR/X 1/4 mile wise?   Has anyone ever drag raced one of these WRR/X 1/4 mile wise? EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 11:31 am

There was a video on youtube of a WR250X vs. a Ninja 250. If I recall correctly, the X won 2 of 3 and all times were in the 15 second area. Granted, the Ninja is around 70 lbs. heavier.
Back to top Go down
adamoto

adamoto

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever drag raced one of these WRR/X 1/4 mile wise?   Has anyone ever drag raced one of these WRR/X 1/4 mile wise? EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 12:05 pm

^^^ I was trying to find a link to that video on Youtube, but I can't find it either. I don't remember how many passes they made, but the WR250X won every one.
Back to top Go down
Hertz

Hertz

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever drag raced one of these WRR/X 1/4 mile wise?   Has anyone ever drag raced one of these WRR/X 1/4 mile wise? EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 4:31 pm

adamoto wrote:
^^^ I was trying to find a link to that video on Youtube, but I can't find it either. I don't remember how many passes they made, but the WR250X won every one.

Well here's the link to the now nonexistent video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuJXm5fLTcM

and here's a thread on ThumperTalk that talks about it:
http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=701219
Back to top Go down
combo

combo

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever drag raced one of these WRR/X 1/4 mile wise?   Has anyone ever drag raced one of these WRR/X 1/4 mile wise? EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 6:03 pm

At the end of this review they race a 1/4 mile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngT-IX2uME0
Stupid review though, it's like they think it's a MX bike
Back to top Go down
zone47

zone47

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever drag raced one of these WRR/X 1/4 mile wise?   Has anyone ever drag raced one of these WRR/X 1/4 mile wise? EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 9:08 pm

Hertz wrote:
adamoto wrote:

Well here's the link to the now nonexistent video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuJXm5fLTcM

and here's a thread on ThumperTalk that talks about it:
http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=701219

Yeah, thanks!

The one guy said the WRX ran a 15.34 which sounds about right (actually a little quicker than I would expect). It would be cool to do a few stock runs, then throw a pipe and fuel controller on there to see the difference. Too bad that turbo kit is so pricy, that would be a hoot ! freaky
Back to top Go down
Hertz

Hertz

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever drag raced one of these WRR/X 1/4 mile wise?   Has anyone ever drag raced one of these WRR/X 1/4 mile wise? EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 11:12 pm

zone47 wrote:

Yeah, thanks!

The one guy said the WRX ran a 15.34 which sounds about right (actually a little quicker than I would expect). It would be cool to do a few stock runs, then throw a pipe and fuel controller on there to see the difference. Too bad that turbo kit is so pricy, that would be a hoot ! freaky

I don't think you're taking gear ratios into consideration. If the WR/R had the same ratios in the transmission and final drive as an R1 then yeah, your calculations may hold some water. However they do not.
Back to top Go down
zone47

zone47

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever drag raced one of these WRR/X 1/4 mile wise?   Has anyone ever drag raced one of these WRR/X 1/4 mile wise? EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 6:27 pm

Hertz wrote:
zone47 wrote:

Yeah, thanks!

I don't think you're taking gear ratios into consideration. If the WR/R had the same ratios in the transmission and final drive as an R1 then yeah, your calculations may hold some water. However they do not.

Well! Very happy I was being silly up front about the calculations! You are talking about my first post, right? dddog ... that would be sad if the bike was that slow!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever drag raced one of these WRR/X 1/4 mile wise?   Has anyone ever drag raced one of these WRR/X 1/4 mile wise? Empty

Back to top Go down

Has anyone ever drag raced one of these WRR/X 1/4 mile wise?
Page 1 of 1