Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Share | 

How important is a radiator guard, really?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
andy3d

PostSubject: Re: How important is a radiator guard, really?   Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:30 pm

Biglake wrote:
Any rad guard will work with the 3.1 gal ims tank as its just taller than stock and no different by the rad. wink

I have the 3 gal IMS tank too and it really fits in great. The only difference is my seats concept seat sits a little higher against it.

Thanks Biglake for the pics, I'm going to try something similar too this weekend. I'll send pics!
Back to top Go down
66T

PostSubject: Re: How important is a radiator guard, really?   Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:30 am

I am a rad guard believer. Some years ago I stepped off my WR426 in the Victorian high country ie small hills compared with the Rockies et al. But the Vic country is rough in places, and the 426 did a big endo in the rocks and bent the right radiator into weirdness. But it didn't leak, which was even weirder, considering.

So now, with my WR-R being a dollar earner, a Force guard went on first thing. Will it work? F*** knows. Hope like hell I don't have to test it. Going on current form, it could happen! The only thing is that the Safari tank bumps into the rear mounting bolt, but is ok so far...
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: How important is a radiator guard, really?   Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:14 pm

If I had the safari or big ims tank that wrapped around the rad I wouldn't bother with a rad guard as the tank will protect it when you tip over.

I have dropped my bike more times than I like to admit and haven't broke anything except for the fan and some mirrors yet, my rad shroud is pretty scratched up so I think my rad guard and my bark busters are earning their keep...
Back to top Go down
Carlos Thomas

PostSubject: Re: How important is a radiator guard, really?   Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:54 pm

I feel better being protected.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How important is a radiator guard, really?   

Back to top Go down

How important is a radiator guard, really?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2