Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

How important is a radiator guard, really?

Go down 
+10
GusinCA
Fiftygrit
greenboy
Jäger
f3joel
Scharcon
Sproat Sport
SheWolf
dc4stroke
Midnite171
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
andy3d

How important is a radiator guard, really? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How important is a radiator guard, really?   How important is a radiator guard, really? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 7:30 pm

Biglake wrote:
Any rad guard will work with the 3.1 gal ims tank as its just taller than stock and no different by the rad. wink

I have the 3 gal IMS tank too and it really fits in great. The only difference is my seats concept seat sits a little higher against it.

Thanks Biglake for the pics, I'm going to try something similar too this weekend. I'll send pics!
Back to top Go down
66T

66T

PostSubject: Re: How important is a radiator guard, really?   How important is a radiator guard, really? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 3:30 am

I am a rad guard believer. Some years ago I stepped off my WR426 in the Victorian high country ie small hills compared with the Rockies et al. But the Vic country is rough in places, and the 426 did a big endo in the rocks and bent the right radiator into weirdness. But it didn't leak, which was even weirder, considering.

So now, with my WR-R being a dollar earner, a Force guard went on first thing. Will it work? F*** knows. Hope like hell I don't have to test it. Going on current form, it could happen! The only thing is that the Safari tank bumps into the rear mounting bolt, but is ok so far...
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: How important is a radiator guard, really?   How important is a radiator guard, really? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 5:14 pm

If I had the safari or big ims tank that wrapped around the rad I wouldn't bother with a rad guard as the tank will protect it when you tip over.

I have dropped my bike more times than I like to admit and haven't broke anything except for the fan and some mirrors yet, my rad shroud is pretty scratched up so I think my rad guard and my bark busters are earning their keep...
Back to top Go down
Carlos Thomas

Carlos Thomas

PostSubject: Re: How important is a radiator guard, really?   How important is a radiator guard, really? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 12:54 pm

I feel better being protected.

How important is a radiator guard, really? - Page 2 IMG_20151005_135400_zpstq1xbnlw

How important is a radiator guard, really? - Page 2 IMG_20151005_135420_zpsncqdjndi

How important is a radiator guard, really? - Page 2 IMG_20151005_135439_zpssn6rpwbx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How important is a radiator guard, really?   How important is a radiator guard, really? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

How important is a radiator guard, really?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2