Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Picked Up my wrr today! Woot!

Go down 
+3
combo
YZEtc
glock19
7 posters
AuthorMessage
glock19

Picked Up my wrr today! Woot! Empty
PostSubject: Picked Up my wrr today! Woot!   Picked Up my wrr today! Woot! EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 7:43 am

Actually they delivered a 2011 wr250r to my doorstep! I cant believe the power this bike has and how smooth everything is. My only complaint is the tires, they are freaking deadly in the woods around here. Leaf covered, rutted, muddy trails are like riding on ice (already dropped it). But other than that the bike is a blast to drive off and on road. Put 40 miles of mostly trails and i already want at least dunlop 606s. Will this help the scary and unpredictable movements of the rear on the slippery stuff?
Back to top Go down
glock19

PostSubject: Re: Picked Up my wrr today! Woot!   Picked Up my wrr today! Woot! EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 7:45 am

Also I only weigh 150 pounds, so this thing moves with me on it. Way faster than the cr125 I had. Well from what I remember.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Picked Up my wrr today! Woot!   Picked Up my wrr today! Woot! EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 7:46 am

The original tires are excellent on pavement, good on dirt roads, and you'd-better-watch-it on everything else.
They're dual-purpose tires biased toward street use.

Anything that looks like a knobby is better off-road.
Back to top Go down
glock19

PostSubject: Re: Picked Up my wrr today! Woot!   Picked Up my wrr today! Woot! EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 7:59 am

That's for damn sure Yz. Went in the gravel pits and it hooks so well on any thing dry and hard, while throwing a 20 foot roost in he soft trails lol.
Back to top Go down
combo

combo

PostSubject: Re: Picked Up my wrr today! Woot!   Picked Up my wrr today! Woot! EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 1:39 pm

glock19 wrote:
i already want at least dunlop 606s. Will this help the scary and unpredictable movements of the rear on the slippery stuff?

Yes ...if your climb hills or ride on slippery stuff the difference is amazing, d606's are indispensable mod for me, they also go great on the roads if you stay under the speed limit, perfectly sufficient
Back to top Go down
dc4stroke

dc4stroke

PostSubject: Re: Picked Up my wrr today! Woot!   Picked Up my wrr today! Woot! EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 1:47 pm

Better tires are among the first mods you should make. D606s are a popular choice.
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: Picked Up my wrr today! Woot!   Picked Up my wrr today! Woot! EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 3:16 pm

The D606's were one of the first things I got for my bike. Especially after dumping it a couple times in the woods. Definitely MUCH better now!
Back to top Go down
glock19

PostSubject: Re: Picked Up my wrr today! Woot!   Picked Up my wrr today! Woot! EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 6:11 pm

What do you guys the think the kenda 760s? Im am now debating between that and the dunlop 606. Which would be better for the slippery stuff.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Picked Up my wrr today! Woot!   Picked Up my wrr today! Woot! EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 7:39 pm

I've run the 606 and am running a tire that is almost identical to the Kenda. Both are pretty good.

zone47

PostSubject: Re: Picked Up my wrr today! Woot!   Picked Up my wrr today! Woot! EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 10:42 pm

I took mine out in some soft slightly muddy dirt for the first time today and it definitely was like ice!! dddog ... good thing I'm not going to ride it off road much.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Picked Up my wrr today! Woot!   Picked Up my wrr today! Woot! EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 12:38 am

The stock tires suck in anything loose. eeek

PostSubject: Re: Picked Up my wrr today! Woot!   Picked Up my wrr today! Woot! EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 5:12 am

You guys have problems stalling this bike when new? I never stalled ANYTING in my life as much as this thing. Clutch grabs at the top, but seems you have to give so much throttle to go. Guess just not broken in yet. I got the bike brand new 2011 with zero miles and have got about 70 miles per 3 gallons of fuel. wink I like it alot!

New tires and alpinestar bionic 2 coming!
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Picked Up my wrr today! Woot!   Picked Up my wrr today! Woot! EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 11:56 am

If you're doing lots of off-road riding, you really need to gear it down a lot because the bike comes stock with very tall Interstate cruiser gearing.
This will give you much better gear spacing off-road and make it easier to take off from a stop.

Plus, the bike is all choked-up when stock and will run much better if you do the usual mods that most riders do, which is an exhaust system (or at least a muffler), fuel programmer, AIS removal, and airbox flapper removal.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Picked Up my wrr today! Woot!   Picked Up my wrr today! Woot! EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 3:34 pm

Yep, gearing it down will help to start with if you haven't done the pipe/airbox/tuner mod. thumb

PostSubject: Re: Picked Up my wrr today! Woot!   Picked Up my wrr today! Woot! Empty

Back to top Go down

Picked Up my wrr today! Woot!
Page 1 of 1