Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Blinker is hosed up after removing the license plate light..

Go down 
+2
Daddio
zone47
6 posters
AuthorMessage
zone47

zone47

Blinker is hosed up after removing the license plate light.. Empty
PostSubject: Blinker is hosed up after removing the license plate light..   Blinker is hosed up after removing the license plate light.. EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 4:23 pm

After shortening the fender, I had to leave the plate light out. I ohmed the light and it came out to 3.5 ohms. I put a 3.6 ohm resistor in place of the light but now the left blinker blinks at a really fast rate while the right side works normal scratch

Has anyone else experienced this.... and figured out a fix?
Back to top Go down
Daddio

PostSubject: Re: Blinker is hosed up after removing the license plate light..   Blinker is hosed up after removing the license plate light.. EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 4:40 pm

Why would you have to put a resistor in the harness when removing the light?
Try just removing the light.
Back to top Go down
zone47

zone47

PostSubject: Re: Blinker is hosed up after removing the license plate light..   Blinker is hosed up after removing the license plate light.. EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 4:45 pm

Daddio wrote:
Why would you have to put a resistor in the harness when removing the light?
Try just removing the light.

I did that first and the left front light stayed on all the time while neither left blinker would blink. The right side worked normal. At least with the resistor, the left side now works, but the rate is too fast. dddog
Back to top Go down
WRXer

PostSubject: Re: Blinker is hosed up after removing the license plate light..   Blinker is hosed up after removing the license plate light.. EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 4:48 pm

I don't run a plate light & my blinkers are fine. Did not do a thing, something else is wrong.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Blinker is hosed up after removing the license plate light..   Blinker is hosed up after removing the license plate light.. EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 4:54 pm

In my state a plate light is required. Tickets and fines for not having one.
Good reason to get pulled over if riding in the dark.

Are you not required to have one?

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Daddio

PostSubject: Re: Blinker is hosed up after removing the license plate light..   Blinker is hosed up after removing the license plate light.. EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 5:45 pm

OK......... After reviewing the wire schematic, I went out and unplugged the Yellow connector under the left side cover with a black and blue wires in it. The lisc plate no longer comes on and everything else works fine. Double check all your other wireing.
You wern't trying to just connect the blue and black wire together, were you?????
Back to top Go down
zone47

zone47

PostSubject: Re: Blinker is hosed up after removing the license plate light..   Blinker is hosed up after removing the license plate light.. EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 7:40 pm

Well, thanks for checking that out Daddio.... that is good info! I'll have to check my other wiring.. maybe I disturbed something else on the left side without realizing it. scratch No I didn't connect the blue and black. At first I didn't connect anything, then next I put a small resister between the plate light wires to simulate a bulb in place.

Plate lights are probably required in my state, but my tag just just under the tail light and the plate is reflective, so it is lit up a bit. I notice a LOT of Harley and sport bike guys who have their tag turned sideways and mounted on the swing arm, or under the fender and the cops don't seem to bother them. dunno
Back to top Go down
WRXer

PostSubject: Re: Blinker is hosed up after removing the license plate light..   Blinker is hosed up after removing the license plate light.. EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 9:02 pm

motokid wrote:
In my state a plate light is required. Tickets and fines for not having one.
Good reason to get pulled over if riding in the dark.

Are you not required to have one?

Don't care. Don't ride the WR in the dark much.
Back to top Go down
clintroberts

PostSubject: Re: Blinker is hosed up after removing the license plate light..   Blinker is hosed up after removing the license plate light.. EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 8:48 pm

Daddio wrote:
OK......... After reviewing the wire schematic, I went out and unplugged the Yellow connector under the left side cover with a black and blue wires in it. The lisc plate no longer comes on and everything else works fine. Double check all your other wireing.
You wern't trying to just connect the blue and black wire together, were you?????

What would happen if they touched...could it short out the speedometer and not let the bike start...I think this is what happened to mine. HELP anyone.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy Wrench

Fuzzy Wrench

PostSubject: Re: Blinker is hosed up after removing the license plate light..   Blinker is hosed up after removing the license plate light.. EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 11:42 pm

there is definitely a wiring issue..the plate light and the blinkers are on different circuits with their own fuse...check what you unplugged/plugged..bike will run normal without lights, so just unplug your light (yellow connector not grey).. just be careful what you plug back in, since some wires feed back in the ECU (headlight relay, hi beam indicator..)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blinker is hosed up after removing the license plate light..   Blinker is hosed up after removing the license plate light.. Empty

Back to top Go down

Blinker is hosed up after removing the license plate light..
Page 1 of 1