Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

WR250R no spark

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Afterburner4

WR250R no spark Empty
PostSubject: WR250R no spark   WR250R no spark EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 10:06 am

Hi to all Gurus,

I am a newbie here and I need your advice.

I just bought a complete WR250R engine together with its wiring harness, ecu, etc from ebay.

I transplanted WR250R engine into my old WR200 DT with modification to the frame to cater for the bigger engine.

After I wired it up, I push the start button and I can hear the starter moving but engine did not fire up. After many trys, I remove the coil to check for spark and noticed that there is no spark at all from the spark plug.

This may sound ridiculous, could it be that I did not have the digital meter (speedo) installed that is why the bike could not start?

Please help as I am running out of idea why I did not get any spark.

The only thing that did not come with engine is the digital meter and the ignition switch and key. Or is the key chipped? Or did I bought a sour lemon from ebay?

Thank you in advance.
Back to top Go down
Hertz

Hertz

WR250R no spark Empty
PostSubject: Re: WR250R no spark   WR250R no spark EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 10:40 am

I'm fairly certain you need the meter for the engine to run.

The key is not chipped and you shouldn't need the main (key) switch.
Back to top Go down
Afterburner4

WR250R no spark Empty
PostSubject: Re: WR250R no spark   WR250R no spark EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 12:29 pm

Thanks Hertz for your advice.

Anyone have a extra meter to sell?
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

WR250R no spark Empty
PostSubject: Re: WR250R no spark   WR250R no spark EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 12:30 pm

I think you are exploring uncharted territory here.

Things like side stand safety switches, and error codes tend to make bike not run.

Without the factory speedo/computer cluster you have no idea what error code might be getting thrown that way.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Afterburner4

WR250R no spark Empty
PostSubject: Re: WR250R no spark   WR250R no spark EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 10:20 pm

Thanks Motokid for the advice.

In short, i need the meter badly!

Anyone out there knows where I can get a Speedo meter?
Back to top Go down
Hertz

Hertz

WR250R no spark Empty
PostSubject: Re: WR250R no spark   WR250R no spark EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 10:57 pm

Afterburner4 wrote:
Thanks Motokid for the advice.

In short, i need the meter badly!

Anyone out there knows where I can get a Speedo meter?

The best advice I can give on that would be call the companies that are parting out WR250R/Xs on eBay. Unless you were willing to buy a new one but, that will be pricey. ServiceHonda.com has them new for $269. Yamaha part number 3D7-83500-41-00. They changed something about it for 2011 (different part number) but I'm not sure what it was at this time and any should work with any year engine.
Back to top Go down
Afterburner4

WR250R no spark Empty
PostSubject: Re: WR250R no spark   WR250R no spark EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 2:26 am

Thanks Hertz,

So even a speedo meter from a X is competable to use on a R, right?

I have gone through the whole ebay listing and no one nor company selling the meter.

There is a thread in this forum about a guy parting his WR250R but I think he dont come in anymore.

Tough luck! Have to keep searching.

GAHHHH
Back to top Go down
Hertz

Hertz

WR250R no spark Empty
PostSubject: Re: WR250R no spark   WR250R no spark EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 8:51 am

Yes R or X, doesn't matter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WR250R no spark Empty
PostSubject: Re: WR250R no spark   WR250R no spark Empty

Back to top Go down

WR250R no spark
Page 1 of 1