Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Cold start flooding issue.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Cold start flooding issue. Empty
PostSubject: Cold start flooding issue.   Cold start flooding issue. EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 8:00 pm

I am curious to learn if anyone else has had an issue with their bike flooding when doing a cold start. My WRR typically fires right up on cold starts, but only if I do not move the bike at all prior to starting it. If I move the bike out of the garage before attempting to start it, it will sometimes crank but not start. I have to let it sit for a time and once I get it started, it is loaded up with fuel and it takes a few seconds to clear out.

This does not make sense to me, but this has happened enough to make me believe that tipping the bike and moving it about, is somehow flooding it.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Cold start flooding issue.   Cold start flooding issue. EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 8:07 pm

That one's interesting...can't say I've ever had that happen with mine. I usually move it a few times thru the winter just to fire it up and what not, and never had it do that. Fires on second crank pretty much every time. dunno

PostSubject: Re: Cold start flooding issue.   Cold start flooding issue. EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 4:58 am

Never heard of such, either. I most always roll mine out of the garage before firing up.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
jyam

jyam

PostSubject: Re: Cold start flooding issue.   Cold start flooding issue. EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 1:34 pm

i've noticed to cold start..nothing major.I give 3 blips with the starter for the prime and it's calibrated and idles beautifuly after that!it's more difficult running the starter longer innately i find.0n my 08'r which is about to wake up too...but it snowed this morning dddog no wait it's sunny again..no wait it's raining.. haha
CAN'T WAIT THOU
j
Back to top Go down
jyam

jyam

PostSubject: Re: Cold start flooding issue.   Cold start flooding issue. EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 1:50 am

wink Yup..2 starter blips and the 3rd fire and idled WICKED didn't miss a beat!!Been parked and asleep since the second week of november!
I'M STOKED droooool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cold start flooding issue.   Cold start flooding issue. Empty

Back to top Go down

Cold start flooding issue.
Page 1 of 1