Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Lugging WRR motor bad???

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DougZ

DougZ

Lugging WRR motor bad??? Empty
PostSubject: Lugging WRR motor bad???   Lugging WRR motor bad??? EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 4:24 pm

I have a 12T I need to get on bike asap. BUT, I find myself either screaming in first, or hitting second and lugging it at times. Not sure if this an issue with the WRR motor or not??? I am pretty sure the 12T front should help with this issue.

this is for tight technical riding, where 1st and second gear is typical.
Back to top Go down
NorgeWR2X

PostSubject: Re: Lugging WRR motor bad???   Lugging WRR motor bad??? EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 5:10 pm

lugging any motor cant be good
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: Lugging WRR motor bad???   Lugging WRR motor bad??? EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 6:16 pm

Yes it's bad. Put the 12 on already and rev the shit out of it. It's broken in by now.
Back to top Go down
DougZ

DougZ

PostSubject: Re: Lugging WRR motor bad???   Lugging WRR motor bad??? EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 6:28 pm

Just broke free the stock 13 with the help of Dave. The 12T will be on from now on. I'll finish the install one night this week.

We were riding the "normal stuff' today and I was either screaming it in first or shifting to second and rolling for a minute or lugging it.

I assume the 3/16" thick washer/spacer goes back on too, with the 12T sprocket??? The one that is between the sprocket and nut
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: Lugging WRR motor bad???   Lugging WRR motor bad??? EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 6:38 pm

Yeah you'll like the 12 much more. You'll be able to stay in 2nd a lot more on our normal trails.

Yep, put it back on in the same order and then just punch down the indents.
Back to top Go down
DougZ

DougZ

PostSubject: Re: Lugging WRR motor bad???   Lugging WRR motor bad??? EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 6:39 pm

OK, Gotcha.
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: Lugging WRR motor bad???   Lugging WRR motor bad??? EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 8:29 pm

This little super unleaded motor likes to rev. It's like a 1/4 of a 1 liter superbike or something.
I also ride primarily single track and steep, technical trails, which is why I put a 47 tooth rear sprocket on as well as a new chain and Michelin AC10 street knobbies. What an amazingly capable off road machine. Not so great on road the way I have it set up... :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lugging WRR motor bad???   Lugging WRR motor bad??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Lugging WRR motor bad???
Page 1 of 1