Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Dirt Tires for the X

Go down 
+2
f3joel
5S Dude
6 posters
AuthorMessage
5S Dude

5S Dude

Dirt Tires for the X Empty
PostSubject: Dirt Tires for the X   Dirt Tires for the X EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 11:47 am

What in your opinion is the best choice in 17 inch tires for mild weekend trail riding. I see lots of "real" dirt bikes converting from serious knobbies to trials universal tread patterns lately in the SoCal desert.

Thanks everyone in advance...
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: Dirt Tires for the X   Dirt Tires for the X EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 10:18 pm

avon distanzia 120/70/17 and 150/60/17
Back to top Go down
5S Dude

5S Dude

PostSubject: Re: Dirt Tires for the X   Dirt Tires for the X EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 9:43 pm

I Googled these Avons and they look like a great next tire. The stock street tires are taking way too long to wear out! Guess we'll just have to cut they're life short as we're dying to go offroad exploring with the X.

Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
KLRchickie

PostSubject: Re: Dirt Tires for the X   Dirt Tires for the X EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 11:40 pm

5S Dude wrote:
I Googled these Avons and they look like a great next tire. The stock street tires are taking way too long to wear out! Guess we'll just have to cut they're life short as we're dying to go offroad exploring with the X.

Thanks again.

Dirt Tires for the X IMG_1229
Go exploring on the street tires Very happy

Motards in Moab
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: Dirt Tires for the X   Dirt Tires for the X EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 12:52 am

here is my 250x with distanzia's and my bro ktm 690 with distanzia's....they work Awesome!!! thumb

Back to top Go down
WRXZ

WRXZ

PostSubject: Re: Dirt Tires for the X   Dirt Tires for the X EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 1:04 am

Cool vid. How's the performance on the pavement compared to the stock tires?
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: Dirt Tires for the X   Dirt Tires for the X EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 1:18 am

WRXZ wrote:
Cool vid. How's the performance on the pavement compared to the stock tires?

ive scrapped a peg once, but never felt them slip/slide at all...much stiffer side walls than stockers which only lasted me about 1300 miles on the street.....pretty lame tires if you ask me (stock ones)
Back to top Go down
WRXZ

WRXZ

PostSubject: Re: Dirt Tires for the X   Dirt Tires for the X EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 1:26 am

I agree on the lameness of the stock tires. Are you running the 120 front & 150 rear? Have any clearance issues? I'm at 1700 miles on the stockers and need new tires asap.
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: Dirt Tires for the X   Dirt Tires for the X EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 3:25 pm

WRXZ wrote:
I agree on the lameness of the stock tires. Are you running the 120 front & 150 rear? Have any clearance issues? I'm at 1700 miles on the stockers and need new tires asap.

yeaup 120 front and 150-60 rear. no clearance issues at all. plenty of room between chain and tire
Back to top Go down
bhmax

PostSubject: Re: Dirt Tires for the X   Dirt Tires for the X EmptySun May 01, 2011 11:17 am

I've run Distanzias which are great for on the road. Felt great the one time I went to a cart track too. Fine for gravel roads. Didn't do much offroad other than that. Definitely had some issues with wet sections in the handful of places just off the pavement I tried. Mounted some IRC GP-1 tires (4.6 "rear" on the front and 5.1 on rear) recently since I've been wanting to do more offroad. Haven't wanted to go all out with new wheels yet. So far I'm impressed. They don't have quite the same feel when pushing it a bit in the curves, but no slip except for quick upshifts when leaned over slightly. Did a couple hours of trail riding at Windrock in east TN and was very comfortable with them on some very rocky sections. Plenty of mud holes I went through with a bit of spin but was more impressed than I thought I'd be and much happier than I would have been on Distanzias. Will be at Highland Park in GA in a couple of weeks to see how they do there. Will be my first time there. Hoping to see if I'll be happy enough with them to be comfortable on a CO trip in August.
Back to top Go down
bhmax

PostSubject: Re: Dirt Tires for the X   Dirt Tires for the X EmptySun May 01, 2011 11:24 am

For reference I don't go all out on the road. Just quick enough to have fun. http://www.photoreflect.com/store/ThumbPage.aspx?e=7997832&g=1WPV001D07
Back to top Go down
5S Dude

5S Dude

PostSubject: Re: Dirt Tires for the X   Dirt Tires for the X EmptySat May 14, 2011 11:11 am

Being severely vertically challenged, and having lowered my WRX to the max. Do these Distanzias make the bike taller?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dirt Tires for the X   Dirt Tires for the X Empty

Back to top Go down

Dirt Tires for the X
Page 1 of 1